Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minor League Games of 6/20/2019

Minor League Games of 6/20/2019

So as to not bury the lead.....

Great Falls at Billings - Lodolo starting !
    Louisville at Gwinnet - Sims pitching
    Birmingham at Chattanooga - TBD
    Daytona at Clearwater - Orewiler pitching
    Lansing at Dayton - Richardson pitching

AZL and DSL - TBD
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-20-2019),Kingspoint (06-20-2019),M2 (06-20-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor League Games of 6/20/2019

ahh, the game that will determine if Lodolo is a future ace or a bust
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-20-2019),Kingspoint (06-20-2019),marcshoe (06-20-2019),OGB (06-20-2019),RED VAN HOT (06-20-2019),RiverRat13 (06-20-2019),WrongVerb (06-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Probably just the first inning.

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-20-2019),marcshoe (06-20-2019),WrongVerb (06-20-2019)

What in the world is Lodolo doing in Billings? I missed that assignment. Such a joke.

9. Likes:

WrongVerb (06-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Thought that was already determined -middle reliever at best.

The Bats are playing right now. They staked Lucas Sims out to an early 2-0 lead but he's throwing it up. After two scoreless he walked two batters in the 3rd who scored on a double to tie up the game. The Bats scored two more in the 4th but in the bottom half Sims has gone single, walk, walk, and HBP to bring in a run. Bases are still loaded with no outs.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    What in the world is Lodolo doing in Billings? I missed that assignment. Such a joke.
    They are treating their franchises right. Something we should have been doing more of. It's why we kept losing them and getting last choice so often in High A ball. He can still be in Daytona at end of season if they want.

13. Likes:

HokieRed (06-21-2019)

DSL Reds continue to pull an Al Davis-- just win, baby.

This time by a score of 5 - 3.

3B Jose Acosta, 19, was the star of the game, hitting two doubles and taking a walk in five trips to the plate. He also stole his seventh base. (That seems like a lot. Is that a lot?) On the season, Acosta's line is dominant: .438/ .513/ .625/ 1.130, with six BBs compared to six Ks.

Interestingly, walks did NOT come back to haunt. (Cue old Riverfront graphic.) DSL Red hurlers gave up 13 free passes, but only three runs. Part of the reason for that is 13 Ks on the game as well. Ilvin Fernandez, still swinging a relatively hot bat, went 1 - 3 with a BB of his own.

The DSL Reds are 11 - 6.

15. Likes:

RiverRat13 (06-20-2019)

13 BBs and 13Ks?!? Jesus, that game must have been an absolute treasure to watch. LOL

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    They are treating their franchises right. Something we should have been doing more of. It's why we kept losing them and getting last choice so often in High A ball. He can still be in Daytona at end of season if they want.
    The ones they keep losing are in A+ and AA. Billings, Louisville and Dayton have been around since 2000. Billings since 1974.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Bats come back to take the lead, 6 - 5 against the Gwinnet Braves-- err, Stripers. Josh VanMeter, picking up where he left off in AAA, has two hits, two runs scored, and a stolen base.

Joe Mantiply is now pitching in the bottom of the 7th.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Guessing it's like Ellis Island, where everyone (who aren't criminals and enter illegally) goes to get first looked at before they're allowed to go further.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The only affiliate that would ever see high draft picks potentially pass them by is Billings.
    They have been the Reds rookie affiliate since 1974, the second longest relationship between teams in rookie ball.
    I don't think the Reds franchises changing comes from the minor league team wanting out, I think it's the Reds wanting better geographic relationships.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    The only affiliate that would ever see high draft picks potentially pass them by is Billings.
    They have been the Reds rookie affiliate since 1974, the second longest relationship between teams in rookie ball.
    I don't think the Reds franchises changing comes from the minor league team wanting out, I think it's the Reds wanting better geographic relationships.
    You would be wrong. It's why we were in Cal league in High A. It's why the worst franchise (Bakersfield) was assigned to us, because we were the only team left. Pensacola just dropped us (not the other way around).

24. Likes:

HokieRed (06-21-2019)

Nobody gonna note Lodolo threw a scoreless inning with 2 strikeouts?

Well he did.

26. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-21-2019),Edd Roush (06-21-2019),Kingspoint (06-21-2019),RiverRat13 (06-21-2019)

Turn Off Ads?