Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1007

Thread: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

Re: Covid-19, Part XI - Rounding Third?

I've never heard of ivermectin, so I googled it. Here is what the NIH had to say about it (first link I saw):

There are insufficient data for the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. Results from adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials are needed to provide more specific, evidence-based guidance on the role of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I've never heard of ivermectin, so I googled it. Here is what the NIH had to say about it (first link I saw):

There are insufficient data for the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. Results from adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials are needed to provide more specific, evidence-based guidance on the role of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19.
    I wanted to stress that the bold part does not in any way suggest that it is safe to take that medication "because, what can it hurt?" There simply is not enough information about it to say something like that.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Agree. It also says there's not enough information to advise against taking it (assume this is aimed at physiscians since it's the NIH and not for the general public). It strikes me that calling this medicine a horse pill is like calling Lasix a horse medicine. It's true that horses take it, but so do humans.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Agree. It also says there's not enough information to advise against taking it
    Well, one should never take a medication without knowing what it will do or without it being prescribed by a doctor. I'd say in this case, there's plenty of information to advise against taking it.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

This doctor is there to report on his experience treating patients and he said that all of his patients showed improvement on this medicine 12-48 hrs later. We all know the FDA has not yet approved it for C19 treatment. That takes time. I don't think this is sufficient to say that we shouldn't listen to what he has to say. We should be more open minded than that.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Well, one should never take a medication without knowing what it will do or without it being prescribed by a doctor. I'd say in this case, there's plenty of information to advise against taking it.
    I'll take someone with Dr Cole's training and experience over you on this one

I'd say in this case, there's plenty of information to advise against taking it.
    Should I go with the NIH on this one? And as I said in the quote you cut off, I'm sure that advice from the NIH is being provided to doctors and not the general public. They're not telling doctors NOT to prescribe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think it's best if we don't judge people on their decision to get the vaccine. It's a personal decision and their choice should not be stigmatized. The folks that opt not to get it are taking a chance. The rest of us need to get on with our lives
    Yeah, thanks for the advice, but I’m going to stigmatize the people that believe the vaccine is a tool of Satan to control humans.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-05-2021)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'll take someone with Dr Cole's training and experience over you on this one
    I'll caution you here as I've met plenty of doctors with excellent training and experience to whom I would never listen or respect. I've found the #1 trait of a doctor, as far as trustworthiness goes, is whether they avoid making things political. I want a doctor who isn’t afraid to stand up to Democrats and the CDC.

12. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (04-05-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yeah, thanks for the advice, but I’m going to stigmatize the people that believe the vaccine is a tool of Satan to control humans.
    OK, but I hope you won't stigmatize those that aren't getting it because they're worried about the long term effects, which is where Dr Cole is coming from

They call me "chef"

It's wild how much people will pay to be told what they want to hear. I'm not sure what is stopping me from going for the quickest, least expensive medical degree available and then starting a medical misinformation YouTube account and Patreon.

I guess this means the Reds can sell out again:
    The only capacity limits will be at indoor events, which are restricted to 25%.

Large outdoor events such as festivals, graduations and sporting events can occur, but Ohioans should keep their groups to 10 people or fewer, health department director Stephanie McCloud said. Like inside restaurants, outdoor events won't be limited to a certain capacity but proper spacing will reduce the number of people who can attend, a DeWine spokesman said.
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...19/7088280002/

What I find amusing is that many of the people advising taking this drug, even though we don’t have enough data to know it’s effects, are the same people warning us from taking the vaccine because we don’t have enough data to know its effects.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

17. Likes:

Kinsm (04-05-2021)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    What I find amusing is that many of the people advising taking this drug, even though we don’t have enough data to know it’s effects, are the same people warning us from taking the vaccine because we don’t have enough data to know its effects.
    I wonder what is the distinguishing factor that separates these two examples.

Just got my shot. This operation at the Wolstein Center is fantastic.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

20. Likes:

Boston Red (04-05-2021),cumberlandreds (04-06-2021),Redsfaithful (04-05-2021)

Turn Off Ads?