Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: With Milwaukee starting to run away with the division....

Re: With Milwaukee starting to run away with the division....

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    There’s 3 months to go. I doubt the Brewers will continue to win 9 out of 10 games or whatever. They are on fire.

It’s almost as if the Reds should have targeted Wily Adames like I wanted all offseason.
    Please.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    Antone, Lodolo, and INDIA was your proposal. Was a terrible trade then, and it still is today so don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back.
    A lot of people were ready to give up on India this past offseason and trade him for blah returns. Damn glad the Reds didn't do that.

He's been terrific over his last 28 games and I won't be surprised to see more power develop over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Please.
    I don’t know what this means
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I don’t know what this means
    Saying the Brewers are in first place because of Wily Whatshisface is like saying the 2000 Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl because Trent Dilfer was their QB.

Milwaukee has one of the best pitching staffs in baseball and 11th best Bullpen ERA.

We have one of the worst pitching staffs and basically the worst bullpen in MLB. It's pretty clear why Milwaukee is where they are and why we're not.

Antone is currently on the IL, will be shocked if he doesn’t require TJ again

Lodolo is currently on the IL, has been for weeks. He’s carving up AA hitters. Whoopdy do. Last time he faced major leaguers he got touched big time.

India looks good, still not sure about his bat moving forward.

I would still absolutely make that trade. Adames is a first division shortstop. 4-5 bWAR per season type player with 4 years old control. I would do that in a heartbeat.

Meanwhile the Brewers traded for Adames and he has put them on his back and their running away with the division.

PS: congrats on actually doing homework before posting. You did it!
    One of the worst trade proposals I've heard.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

7. Likes:

CaiGuy (07-04-2021),NC Reds (07-03-2021),Ron Madden (07-04-2021)

I know the Brewers pitching is pretty darn good. Starting and bullpen. Woodruff and Burnes are the real deal. Peralta and Suter are pitching above their heads this year. Their BP is one of the best. However, their hitting is pure dog poop. They are batting .219 as a team. Dead last in MLB. They are 26 in OPS. They have feasted on beating up on crappy teams. They will come back down to earth. I think the Reds going 5-2 vs them in the next two series will suffice, as long as we take care of business in other games. We can catch them.

9. Likes:

Griffey012 (07-03-2021),Ron Madden (07-04-2021)

Hard to say what this team is. They’re .500 in an NL field where only 4 teams are officially “out of contention.” But they have more or less tread water for the whole season outside of the first two weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInMS View Post
    I know the Brewers pitching is pretty darn good. Starting and bullpen. Woodruff and Burnes are the real deal. Peralta and Suter are pitching above their heads this year. Their BP is one of the best. However, their hitting is pure dog poop. They are batting .219 as a team. Dead last in MLB. They are 26 in OPS. They have feasted on beating up on crappy teams. They will come back down to earth. I think the Reds going 5-2 vs them in the next two series will suffice, as long as we take care of business in other games. We can catch them.
    The Brewers did really well against the NL West. So no, they’re real.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    We have one of the worst pitching staffs and basically the worst bullpen in MLB..
    Half right. The bullpen's been a toxic spill zone. The rotation's been pretty good and it's got its top four healthy entering the 2nd half of the season.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

According to Fangraphs fWAR, which I admit is problematic, not only are the Reds not the worst bullpen this year, 27th out of 30, they have a positive fWAR of +0.1
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    One of the worst trade proposals I've heard.
    Maybe, let’s see who has more wins the next 4 years. I would put $1000 on the Brewers right now and without hesitation.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Maybe, let’s see who has more wins the next 4 years. I would put $1000 on the Brewers right now and without hesitation.
    Maybe, but that will have very little to do with Adames. It will have very little to do with any one player.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Joel Luckhaupt of the Pawnee Lerpiss family
    @jluckhaupt
    ·
    9h
    I didn't realize how easy Milwaukee's schedule was in June. Every team they played is at least 10 games under .500 except the Reds, against whom they were 2-4, and the Cubs, who they swept 3-0.

To their credit, they beat up on the Dbacks, which the Reds failed to do.

16. Likes:

M2 (07-03-2021),Old school 1983 (07-04-2021),Ron Madden (07-04-2021)

I’d like to bet you one dollar.

18. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-03-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Joel Luckhaupt of the Pawnee Lerpiss family
    @jluckhaupt
    ·
    9h
    The Reds were the last team that Arizona was good against.

On April 30th the Arizona Diamondbacks were 14-12 with 136 Runs scored and 126 allowed, a +10 RD, they were only two games behind first place in the west.

Since then they are 9-49 with 215 RS and 357 allowed for a -132 RD

20. Likes:

Patrick Bateman (07-08-2021),Ron Madden (07-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Reds have 5 very winnable games followed by 7 straight vs. MIL. Let’s see how they look after that stretch. If they are still 8 games out of the division and WC by then it may be time to think about next season. I have a feeling they’ll be within striking distance by then.
    I want the Reds to go all in, but the Brewers division lead is massive and the wild card seems like a long shot in the sense that they have a lot of teams to climb. I think your approach here though is correct.

Turn Off Ads?