Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here We Go Again

Re: Here We Go Again

foster do you think steve christmas belongs in the hall?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    foster do you think steve christmas belongs in the hall?
    In today's world of political correctness? Not a chance. Steve (Merry) Christmas out, Matt (Happy) Holliday in.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-24-2020),JFLegal (11-23-2020)

nice one much appreciated by jimmy stewart and junior kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by foster15 View Post
    They're punishing Pete Rose. If they put Jackson in the Hall, how can they justify leaving Rose out? What Jackson is accused of is much worse than Rose. Rose was accused of an act that could POSSIBLY compromise the integriy of the game, Jackson is accused of ACTUALLY compromising the integrity of the game.
    Jackson was banned for life. His suspension ended when he died. Rose' suspension hasn't ended yet.

- - - Updated - - -

In today's world of political correctness? Not a chance. Steve (Merry) Christmas out, Matt (Happy) Holliday in.
    What if he changed his name to Steve Xmas?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Jackson was banned for life. His suspension ended when he died. Rose' suspension hasn't ended yet.

- - - Updated - - -

What if he changed his name to Steve Xmas?
    No, he was banned from baseball for life. That means banned from baseball forever since they don't hire dead people. The HOF is not going to put players on the ballot just because they died. Technically they can, but that's not what their agenda is about.

Harold Baines is in the hall of fame....so really, how exclusive is it anyway? There was a time when getting into the HOF was worth fighting for. I'm thinking Pete probably shouldn't worry about it now. I'm not sure what the HOF is anymore...but I can tell you what it's not...its not a collection of the all time greatest players.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2 View Post
    Harold Baines is in the hall of fame....so really, how exclusive is it anyway? There was a time when getting into the HOF was worth fighting for. I'm thinking Pete probably shouldn't worry about it now. I'm not sure what the HOF is anymore...but I can tell you what it's not...its not a collection of the all time greatest players.
    Baby. Bath water.

They're punishing Pete Rose. If they put Jackson in the Hall, how can they justify leaving Rose out? What Jackson is accused of is much worse than Rose. Rose was accused of an act that could POSSIBLY compromise the integriy of the game, Jackson is accused of ACTUALLY compromising the integrity of the game.
    That makes sense, and something tells me they'll both get in after Rose is dead (and at that point most of his contemporaries who would complain would probably be gone as well). It'll be used to drum up some publicity for Cooperstown one day.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’m not convinced that Doug isn’t a bot set to instantly respond anytime Rose is brought up.
    You mean Doug doesn't like Pete Rose? Hadn't noticed.

He likes phil gagliano

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    He likes phil gagliano
    I'm more of a Phil Raisor kind of guy.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-24-2020),Ron Madden (11-24-2020)

Turn Off Ads?