Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: World Series Game 2 Thread

Re: World Series Game 2 Thread

I'm predicting a 2 run jack by Molina this inning.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    If Weaver gets out of this without giving up a run, the Cards will sweep this Series.
    You seem to have an agenda FCB. Do you really believe St. Louis is a better club than the Tigers? Man for man, on paper and however you want to analyze it, this appears like a mismatch. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala View Post
    You seem to have an agenda FCB. Do you really believe St. Louis is a better club than the Tigers? Man for man, on paper and however you want to analyze it, this appears like a mismatch. Just curious.
    Cards have a better offense, better (or maybe it's fairer to say hotter) bullpen, and the two teams' top two pitchers are comparable in quality (which is all that really matters in terms of starters in the postseason).
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Somehow, they keep Molina in the park.

Awesome play by Rogers. I mean, I'm not even as old as Rogers, and I couldn't make that play. :

For a Level Playing Field

LaRussa and co. are messing with Rogers over the pine tar thing. Interesting. If he is cheating, do the Cards have to file a protest?

I'm sorry, applying pine tar to a baseball would seem to be a fairly signifigant rules violation. Pitchers have to get permission from the umpires to blow on their hands when it's cold. How can pine tar be blown out of proportion, considering this is the World Championship of baseball?
    As long as it is not making the ball move the umps are not going to do anything other make him remove it. Grip... it helps the grip on the ball. It was noticed and removed. Not really a major thing. Do they have the right to eject him? Yes... they can eject you for about anything. But why have an effect on the World Championship by tossing a starter early in a game for trying to help his grip in cold weather which causes dry hands? Sand paper, oil, vaseline... definitely eject. Pine Tar... I agree with the umpires call: Remove and play on.

Heck, it is better than prolonging the game by licking his hand off the mound between every pitch... which is very legal and more-or-less has the same effect.

We don't even know if it was pine tar.

LaRussa and co. are messing with Rogers over the pine tar thing. Interesting. If he is cheating, do the Cards have to file a protest?

I'm sorry, applying pine tar to a baseball would seem to be a fairly signifigant rules violation. Pitchers have to get permission from the umpires to blow on their hands when it's cold. How can pine tar be blown out of proportion, considering this is the World Championship of baseball?

While it is a rules violation, it's up to the discretion of the umpire on how to enforce it. He could have probably ejected Rogers from the game, but that is rather extreme. He probably told him to wash that stuff off or else next time there will be punishment. If LaRussa were protesting the game, he would have done it already and we would have known about it.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with Fox creating this story. If this were a regular season game, they wouldn't have those extreme closeups of the pitcher's hand and no one would have been the wiser about it. Now if someone on the Cards had suspected it without watching it on TV, I'd be OK with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    While it is a rules violation, it's up to the discretion of the umpire on how to enforce it. He could have probably ejected Rogers from the game, but that is rather extreme. He probably told him to wash that stuff off or else next time there will be punishment. If LaRussa were protesting the game, he would have done it already and we would have known about it.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with Fox creating this story. If this were a regular season game, they wouldn't have those extreme closeups of the pitcher's hand and no one would have been the wiser about it. Now if someone on the Cards had suspected it without watching it on TV, I'd be OK with it.
    They decide; you report.

How screwed would the Tigers be without Guillen?

For a Level Playing Field

I do not think you can lodge a protest over something like that. Breaking a rule is usually not reason for a protest. Cork being found in a bat would be a similiar violation. Ejection is the punishment, but not changing or replaying a game after it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    I do not think you can lodge a protest over something like that. Breaking a rule is usually not reason for a protest. Cork being found in a bat would be a similiar violation. Ejection is the punishment, but not changing or replaying a game after it is done.
    I think you can protest most anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Cards have a better offense, better (or maybe it's fairer to say hotter) bullpen, and the two teams' top two pitchers are comparable in quality (which is all that really matters in terms of starters in the postseason).
    I like Wainright. I REALLY like that kid. But, the Cardinal bullpen has done it with mirrors otherwise. Looper is a stiff, and Tyler Johnson, Flores and Hancock are freaks. Aside from Pujols and considering Rolen's problems, I don't know if another Cardinal could break the Tigers' lineup. The Cards have Carpenter and four #4 starters. They could win the series, but it would be an upset. The worst team in baseball can win a best of seven series against anybody, but why buck the odds when predicting?

The umpires use a mixure of pine tar and mud to rub up 6-8 boxes of baseballs before the game.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Way to go, Case.

Turn Off Ads?