Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It- Opens Friday

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

It- Opens Friday

Who's excited?

Early word is fantastic. Told solely from the children's point of view, and then a sequel with the adults, possibly.

I think that is an ingenious idea- would allow for four plus hours to tell the story.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It- Opens Friday

I have tickets for Friday night. I'm pretty busy in this stretch of life so there aren't many movies I can't wait until Netflix or whatever for, but this is an exception.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Can't sleep, clown will eat me

I'm psyched, it looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'm psyched, it looks awesome

Who are you, and what have you done with WOY?
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Who are you, and what have you done with WOY?
    Oh I'm freaking scared of the clown and I know it will be clowns 24/7 after I see it but...

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Oh I'm freaking scared of the clown and I know it will be clowns 24/7 after I see it but...
    Just bring Faygo and you'll be fine.

9. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-28-2017),redsfanmia (09-05-2017),westofyou (09-04-2017),wolfboy (09-05-2017)

They call me "chef"

I'm 80 pages into the book. I should be able to read the remaining 1,520 pages by Friday, yeah?

I want the movie to be great. The previous production/version of it was supposed to be two movies, one from the kids POV and one as adults, but I had heard that idea was scrapped as too risky. If they kept that idea and are treating the story seriously, that is excellent news.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Just bring Faygo and you'll be fine.
    I'm a Rock n Rye guy

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I'm 80 pages into the book. I should be able to read the remaining 1,520 pages by Friday, yeah?

I want the movie to be great. The previous production/version of it was supposed to be two movies, one from the kids POV and one as adults, but I had heard that idea was scrapped as too risky. If they kept that idea and are treating the story seriously, that is excellent news.
    From what I understand this is the plan. My only worry is that the kids story is more interesting.

You could pad the adults story with the flash backs to the historical cycles though, which would be phenomenal. Those were some of the best parts of the book and I hope they get worked in somehow.

I'm excited.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Stephen King said he wasn't prepared for how good it really was.

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

This was really good, loved it. Rare to see something you look forward to like this and not be disappointed, but it was great. I have some minor quibbles, like you usually do, but I'm ready to see it again.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    This was really good, loved it. Rare to see something you look forward to like this and not be disappointed, but it was great. I have some minor quibbles, like you usually do, but I'm ready to see it again.
    I will say that's it's probably as good as a mainstream IT movie can be. It's not perfect and the performances by the kids and Pennywise do a majority of the lifting to keep this movie good but, when you consider how terrible this movie could have been, it's practically a perfect movie. Only an HBO limited series could maybe do more and better but that'll never happen. I hope part 2 irons out those kinks and let's some of the tone get less slick/neat. Everyone see it because, at worst, you'll have my nitpicky reaction and, at best, you'll probably love it to no end.

Turn Off Ads?