Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/12/17 Reds @ Redbirds

Re: 9/12/17 Reds @ Redbirds

Walking leadoff man Matt Carpenter four times seems...not brilliant.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rookie with a little trouble, but gets the K to end a scoreless fifth inning.

Had nice control there, especially on the last hitter.

Hit for Votto to lad off the sixth, maybe Reds can do some more damage here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Hit for Votto to lad off the sixth, maybe Reds can do some more damage here.
    Or not, Peraza DP.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Walking leadoff man Matt Carpenter four times seems...not brilliant.
    THom: "How can you walk this guy four times in one game? FOUR TIMES! I mean, don't get me wrong, he's been a good player for the Cardinals in the past, but come on! He's hitting only .238! TWO THIRTY-EIGHT! Holy Moses! I just don't get it! I'm dumbfounded!"
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-12-2017)

It's a good thing we have 13 more pitchers available in the bullpen.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Peraza replaces Scooter at 2B. No word yet on the reason why.
    Zach Buchanan‏
    @ZachENQ

Scooter Gennett left the game due to left hand inflammation

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    It's a good thing we have 14 more pitchers available in the bullpen.
    Yeah, I think Price dug down deep and pulled out the 15th pitcher on the depth chart. With 20 some pitchers on the team, what purpose does keeping Chacin serve?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    It's a bit too subtle, I guess.

Suffice it to say that Stephenson, despite all his walks, should not have thrown to Molina in the heart of the plate.

He should have risked the walk and made Molina reach for one. He's a very good hitter in clutch situations, don't worry about walking him.

Walks aren't good outcomes, but sometimes you have to risk walking the hitter.
    The time to groove a pitch to Molina--and Carpenter for that matter--is early in the count. These Cardinal hitters played Bob to the point of embarrassment.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yeah, I think Price dug down deep and pulled out the 15th pitcher on the depth chart. With 20 some pitchers on the team, what purpose does keeping Chacin serve?
    What purpose does getting rid of him do? He's now pitched in 5 games in the big leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    ugh

Bob strikes out DeJong. BTW pitch tracking shows Stephenson had Carpenter struck out before the walk. Robot Umps Now.
    That's what I thought too. Is there a worse network in the league than ours for showing pitch tracking? I don't even know if they have it in the truck tonight
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 09-12-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Chacin has struggled in every new level then settled in. I would like to see more. I mean worse pitchers have received more chances than 5 games. C

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What purpose does getting rid of him do? He's now pitched in 5 games in the big leagues.
    Can we agree they're going to get rid of him in 2.5 weeks? They won't put him on the 40 man roster. So that begs the question, why are they running him out there now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Chacin has struggled in every new level then settled in. I would like to see more. I mean worse pitchers have received more chances than 5 games. C
    I think the Reds will find 40 players more worthy of protecting than him

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

No, we can't agree on that. Is it possible? Sure. It might even be likely, but I don't KNOW that it's going to happen.

And they are running him out there now for lots of reasons. One reason could be to get more information on him to decide if they should keep him or DFA him. There's literally no better time than right now to get the kind of information you want to have to make that decision - when the games don't actually matter.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No, we can't agree on that. Is it possible? Sure. It might even be likely, but I don't KNOW that it's going to happen.

And they are running him out there now for lots of reasons. One reason could be to get more information on him to decide if they should keep him or DFA him. There's literally no better time than right now to get the kind of information you want to have to make that decision - when the games don't actually matter.
    If they need to see that then yeah, that's the reason for running him out there. I've seen absolutely nothing to show me that he has big league stuff. This is his 5th outing and he's given up runs in 4 of them. That's about as bad as it gets when you consider they're all pretty much 1 inning outings.

Turn Off Ads?