Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Antonio Brown reports he will not play week 1...

Raiders voided his guarantees by fining him for conduct detrimental making his contract week to week.

He has asked the Raiders for his release.
    And they gave it to him.

Raiders release Brown after tumultuous tenure https://es.pn/2ZIMU1H
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    And they gave it to him.

Raiders release Brown after tumultuous tenure https://es.pn/2ZIMU1H
    Now watch the Patriots pick him up.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I think it’ll be Baltimore but any team who’d take a chance on troubled players (Bengals, Cowboys). He’s following the Ravens on social media and they drafted his cousin (which would explain him following them as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think it’ll be Baltimore but any team who’d take a chance on troubled players (Bengals, Cowboys). He’s following the Ravens on social media and they drafted his cousin (which would explain him following them as well).
    Antonio wants guaranteed money to play. He also wants to be paid like the best receiver in football. And probably in his mind he thinks he deserves it. I don't see any team offering anything like the big guaranteed money he just flushed down the toilet. He will probably have to swallow his pride and play on a short term, non-guaranteed contract. Not sure his stomach is big enough.

If he does sign, I do think it will be with a Pittsburgh rival (Ravens/Patriots/Bengals/Browns). And I don't think the Browns or Bengals would touch him.
    Last edited by phatknuckle; 09-07-2019 at 02:17 PM.

I genuinely feel sorry for Antonio Brown because I think CTE is playing a big part in all of this. The guy has gone off the rails.

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    I genuinely feel sorry for Antonio Brown because I think CTE is playing a big part in all of this. The guy has gone off the rails.
    Why are people constantly making excuses for the guy?This is all speculative, and there is no hard evidence. His history goes way back. It just picked up after he signed his first big contract extension. The guy has to accept responsibility, and from what I can tell is he has never accepted responsibility for any of his actions. All because he can play football. It is a shame someone will pick him up, and if it were the Bengals it would make me physically ill.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-07-2019)

I think he's way too toxic for NE to pick up

2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think he's way too toxic for NE to pick up
    Yeah, about that...

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-27561789
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

11. Likes:

jwdoc77 (09-07-2019)

Tampering
    Go Gators!

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I will say that I find that very surprising and it does kinda make you wonder if this deal was arranged beforehand

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-07-2019),WVRed (09-07-2019)

Not at all surprised. This had Belichick’s greasy fingerprints all over it.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    Why are people constantly making excuses for the guy?This is all speculative, and there is no hard evidence. His history goes way back. It just picked up after he signed his first big contract extension. The guy has to accept responsibility, and from what I can tell is he has never accepted responsibility for any of his actions. All because he can play football. It is a shame someone will pick him up, and if it were the Bengals it would make me physically ill.
    Antonio Brown pre-2017 was a likable guy and reportedly a good teammate. Maybe it was the contract, but his persona has taken a 180 degree turn in recent years. And you are wrong about him not ever owning up to his actions. I remember he apologized and was quite contrite for live streaming from the locker room in the 2017 playoffs. I also remember him actually thanking Ben for calling him out earlier in his career. Don't remember the year.

His behavior has become more and more erratic since 2017. It's not making an excuse by saying there may be some serious mental health issue going on (to me that much is pretty clear) and that it may be related to the shots he's taken playing football.

Before 2017, the only reported incident with Brown was in 2014 when he infamously stiff-legged the Bengals punter on a punt return and some questionable touchdown celebrations. Since 2017 it has been a completely different story.

Not at all surprised. This had Belichick’s greasy fingerprints all over it.
    They didn't even wait a day to sign him, this is so obvious it's hilarious, and the Pats know the NFL won't do a damn thing about it.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    Antonio Brown pre-2017 was a likable guy and reportedly a good teammate. Maybe it was the contract, but his persona has taken a 180 degree turn in recent years. And you are wrong about him not ever owning up to his actions. I remember he apologized and was quite contrite for live streaming from the locker room in the 2017 playoffs. I also remember him actually thanking Ben for calling him out earlier in his career. Don't remember the year.

His behavior has become more and more erratic since 2017. It's not making an excuse by saying there may be some serious mental health issue going on (to me that much is pretty clear) and that it may be related to the shots he's taken playing football.

Before 2017, the only reported incident with Brown was in 2014 when he infamously stiff-legged the Bengals punter on a punt return and some questionable touchdown celebrations. Since 2017 it has been a completely different story.
    You got your info wrong. Look up the story of 2012 where mild manner Troy wants to light him up for cussing out Dick Lebeau.Sorry no link. He was never a good teammate or reasonable person. There are tons of stories like this.

He got worse when he got paid. He is the typical attention seeking wide receiver. His half ass apologies are not taking responsibility, we just saw that with his heartfelt apology in Oakland, fake for show. Dude is a clown always was.

CTE is a major issue, and he very well could be suffering from it, but past actions show he has always been this way.
    Last edited by Rdirtypirates; 09-07-2019 at 06:02 PM.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-07-2019)

How did the Patriots magically have $15M or even $9M available under the cap the day before the season started?
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?