Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Arizona @ Cincinnati 9-8-19

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Arizona @ Cincinnati 9-8-19

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Here we go....Leake has had 5 potential wins blown this season.

I smell #6
    With a high ERA, I don’t think he deserves 16 wins though, 17 after today’s blown save.

How many wins does he have in poorly pitched games ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arizona @ Cincinnati 9-8-19

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    With a high ERA, I don’t think he deserves 16 wins though, 17 after today’s blown save.

Leaks has definitely been consistently average in his career and very durable. Noticed his BA is only .063, probably small sample size and not staying sharp being in AL for so
    long.

Eugenio Suarez's HR total as a Red (138) added to Ted Kluszewski's total (251) is exactly equal to Johnny Bench's total (389).
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-09-2019),Fil3232 (09-08-2019),Rantly (09-08-2019),The Operator (09-08-2019)

Votto’s other numbers would be great though
    Votto is at .265. He is 125 for 472 on the year. If he goes 25 for his next 28 he would get to .300. Even if these were all singles it would likely raise his OPS from the .770 range to the .850 range. The Reds have 18 games remaining. Assuming 3 AB per game that would give Votto 54 more AB on the season for a total of 526. To hit .300 Votto would need to have 158 hits on the season or in other words he would need to go 33 for 54 the rest of the way. The big question is of course how many runs would he drive in over that stretch.

Had to make an unexpected trip today to SC and back again on Friday. Hate I'm missing these games. I did listen on radio and it was nice listening to Marty, though. Love SiriusXM. Lorenzen would not do as well as today if he played more. After this week, I'm sure they are compiling a book on him, but great today.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Honestly, looking through his game logs.... 1 for sure where he had like an 11 run lead and then he imploded but still got the win. His last win he had a good lead and his defense didn’t make a couple easy ones and he gave up 4 in his 6th inning after being good the first 5

2 at most, he’s had 6 blown now

Remember people wanted to trade Suarez

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Remember people wanted to trade Suarez
    I'm guessing they still do as the proposition was not that he was bad but that he was the one payer that would get the most return of any Red.

Honestly, looking through his game logs.... 1 for sure where he had like an 11 run lead and then he imploded but still got the win. His last win he had a good lead and his defense didn’t make a couple easy ones and he gave up 4 in his 6th inning after being good the first 5

2 at most, he’s had 6 blown now
    He’s 1 win above replacement value.

He’s simply not a very good starter with a ERA, FIP and xFIP around 5.

He’s very lucky to have 11 wins.

He’s 1 win above replacement value.

He’s simply not a very good starter with a ERA, FIP and xFIP around 5.

He’s very lucky to have 11 wins.

Leake, like Arroyo and other smart pitchers, has a history of being better than his peripherals say he should be. At this point, I’m good with saying it’s not luck.
    Last edited by 757690; 09-08-2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Winner Winner chicken dinner

I was at yesterday's game with my daughter, son, and friend. My daughter got home Saturday from Germany (on leave from Army). We sat two rows behind the D'Backs dugout. Had a phenomenal time. You just can't beat field level seats that close to the game. I was disappointed when I saw the starting line-up, with no Senzel or Aquino, prospect O'Grady in CF, and especially with Dietrich in LF. I wasn't too pumped (LOL)

But being that close to the field watching the game, really helps you get a good perspective of things. Watching the Lorenzen A/B where he wasn't simply fouling off pitches but sending rockets into foul territory, I said "He's going to do this. He's zoned in." And sure enough. Such an electric moment, and I was glad I got to share it with my kids.

Watching Dietrich track that fly-ball to LF in the 3rd inning, and not only blow it so badly but look so terrible (lost) in doing so was an embarrassment. Yes, it was high and deep; but plenty of time to be back there, against the wall, waiting for it. I looked at my daughter and said "It looks like he just threw himself against the wall in desperation and didn't even know where the ball was at!" (LOL). And that wasn't the only one hit out there he didn't track well (but somehow escaped). No - this guy should don't be playing OF IMO. And he also shouldn't be on this roster in '20 IMO.

It was good to see Mike Leake too.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-09-2019 at 04:58 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-09-2019),Fil3232 (09-09-2019),Ron Madden (09-09-2019)

I watched the last couple of innings of this one. I had the NFL Redzone channel on and my wife was there with me. She said, I thought you didn't like the NFL anymore? I said you are right and then said let's go to baseball and clicked over to the Reds game. I'm glad I did and got to see Lorenzen get the winning hit. What a great moment! I guarantee you there was better ending to any NFL game. I'm coming around to the idea that Lorenzen should get some more playing time in the field. He has a good approach and had a very good AB in the 9th. He fouled off a couple of tough pitches when had a 3-2 count before the hit. It's moments like this that make baseball fun and interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds 100-Home Run Club
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Joey Votto - 283
    5. Adam Dunn - 270
    6. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    7. George Foster - 244
    8. Jay Bruce - 233
    9. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    10. Eric Davis - 203
    11. Barry Larkin - 198
    12. Brandon Phillips - 191
    13. Vada Pinson - 186
    14. Wally Post - 172
    15. Gus Bell - 160
    16. Joe Morgan - 152
    16. Pete Rose - 152
    18. Lee May - 147
    19. Eugenio Suarez - 138
    20. Dan Driessen - 133
    21. Reggie Sanders - 125
    22. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    23. Sean Casey - 118
    24. Frank McCormick - 110
    25. Todd Frazier - 108
    26. Dave Parker - 107
    27. Chris Sabo - 104
    28. Dave Concepcion - 101
    At the rate Suarez is going he may just catch Lee May before the season is over.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

17. Likes:

DocRed (09-09-2019),GAC (09-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    OK, my opinions on the 1995 uniforms:

Caps: OK. I've never really been a fan of the pinstripes, but the 1995 cap was meant to be an homage to the 1961 cap, but with a wishbone-C. (I do like white caps, but with a solid white crown like those worn in the late 50's.) The C is a little larger than it was back then, though -- I have a 1993 home cap (which is identical to the 1995 cap), and the C on that cap is the same size as the C on the old BRM caps. The red helmets are an accurate look, though -- the 1993-98 Reds wore red batting helmets both home and away.

Jerseys: OK. Again, the sleeveless uniform was brought back after the Reds wore sleeveless throwbacks for a couple of games in 1991 and 1992, and fan response was positive. The jersey was a new design that was a sort of homage to the uniforms of the 60's. The red "C-Reds" logo with white negative space took some getting used to, as it was opposite to the white "C-Reds" logo with red negative space that had been used for the previous 25 years or so. The big white C on the left sleeve of the red undershirts is accurate, but not every player has one. Also, the big font for the names on the back is wrong. It is accurate for the BRM uniforms of the 70's, but the Reds had gone to a smaller font for the names on the backs in the 90's.

Pants: OK. Not a fan of pinstripes, but they are accurate for the period.

Socks: OK at best. The Reds still were wearing stirrups in 1995, but only a few players are showing any sock at all.

Overall: Just OK. They are pretty much accurate to what the Reds wore in 1995. I have never really cared for pinstripes, but I also never really hated the 1993-98 uniforms. They got points from me for trying something new by going to a button-up uniform and trying a sleeveless vest, but it never really popped. A for effort, but overall average at best.

(Actually I disliked the 1993-98 road uniforms much more than the home unis. Sleeved road uniforms when the home jersey is a vest, and pinstripes on gray uniforms is just wrong. And the numbers on the front of the jersey were on the wrong side!)

I would like to nominate BigKlu as the Redszone official uniform fashion expert. What does everyone else say?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Leake, like Arroyo and other smart pitchers, has a history of being better than his peripherals say he should be. At this point, I’m good with saying it’s not luck.
    But his peripherals aren't any better than his actual stats relating to run prevention. He's giving up lots of runs, , as his peripherals suggest he should,

Turn Off Ads?