Turn Off Ads?
Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1162

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Ding, dong, the witch is dead.

TEN 20 NE 13
    Tom Brady should retire before he gets embarrassed further and tarnishes his legacy

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hard to imagine a more poetically perfect ending to Tom Brady’s Patriot career than a pick 6 to seal a playoff loss. #sorrynotsorry
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I guess it is a bit poetic. SIX Super Bowl rings and a pick-SIX. The guy really has a flair for the poetic!

Washington didn't interview any minority candidates. I wonder if it's even a thing anymore.
    Last edited by Chip R; 01-05-2020 at 01:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Lamar Jackson got 47 of 50 votes for All-Pro QB. One of the 3 that didn't vote for him was Bill Polian. The same Bill Polian that said Jackson should be a wide receiver and not a QB.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mpression=true
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Washington didn't interview any minority candidates. I wonder if it's even a thing anymore.
    Good question.

Good question.
    I just looked it up. Ron Rivera is Hispanic so that counts.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

9. Likes:

North (01-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Tom Brady should retire before he gets embarrassed further and tarnishes his legacy
    Not sure if this is sarcasm, but last night and this season did nothing to tarnish his legacy.

If anything, it's on Belichick. Their skill position players were terrible, and every move he made to try to improve was bad. Drafting Michel last year was a wasted 1st round pick. Harry is still young, but he was not impressive this year. And then the Sanu trade was a total disaster. Trading a 2nd round pick for a marginal 3rd receiver reeked of desperation, and ended up working out about as badly as possible.

That said, ripping the Patriots after a 12-4 season just shows how high they have set the standard for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ding, dong, the witch is dead.

TEN 20 NE 13
    The NFL is going to miss this dynasty if it's truly over. I'm one of the few that thoroughly enjoyed watching Bill Belichick-coached teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Lamar Jackson got 47 of 50 votes for All-Pro QB. One of the 3 that didn't vote for him was Bill Polian. The same Bill Polian that said Jackson should be a wide receiver and not a QB.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mpression=true
    Come on Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Not sure if this is sarcasm, but last night and this season did nothing to tarnish his legacy.

If anything, it's on Belichick. Their skill position players were terrible, and every move he made to try to improve was bad. Drafting Michel last year was a wasted 1st round pick. Harry is still young, but he was not impressive this year. And then the Sanu trade was a total disaster. Trading a 2nd round pick for a marginal 3rd receiver reeked of desperation, and ended up working out about as badly as possible.

That said, ripping the Patriots after a 12-4 season just shows how high they have set the standard for themselves.

No sarcasm. Brady looked very ordinary with a noodle arm. Granted his weapons are scarce. As for their record, the Patriots built that record on a very easy schedule. That's been their formula throughout their run. Ride an easy AFC East to a first rd bye and then use that extra week to out coach the other guys. Finally that division looks like it's getting its act together. I don't see Brady having another yr any better than 2019 in his future

What would be a good upcoming team with quarterback issues for Brady to go to?
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    What would be a good upcoming team with quarterback issues for Brady to go to?
    Indy
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    No sarcasm. Brady looked very ordinary with a noodle arm. Granted his weapons are scarce. As for their record, the Patriots built that record on a very easy schedule. That's been their formula throughout their run. Ride an easy AFC East to a first rd bye and then use that extra week to out coach the other guys. Finally that division looks like it's getting its act together. I don't see Brady having another yr any better than 2019 in his future
    His arm isn't quite as strong as it used to be but still looked plenty strong enough. He threw a bomb in the first half that showed he can still fire it if he needs to. The Patriots just didn't have anybody that could create any separation down the field. I would imagine that if either Josh Gordon or Antonio Brown had played this season that it would have been another typical Patriots year. But with nobody to get open, there wasn't much he could do. The Pats skill players were probably worse than what the Bengals were rolling out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Indy
    That would actually probably be a really good fit, but I can't see him going to their biggest rival. A lot of people are saying the Chargers, and that would be interesting. Really good weapons, and Ekeler is a perfect RB for what Brady likes to do. Basically a better and more complete version of White.

I still think he will go back to NE though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Indy
    At this point he’s not really an upgrade over Brissett.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?