Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Perhaps I'm the only one, but I don't remember Logan Lucky being all that funny or very good overall for that matter. Is it the novelty of Bond with a southern accent?

The Bank Job from about 10 years ago is a much better heist film starring a Brit, imho.

2. Turn Off Ads?

On current films in the theater...

Jojo Rabbit was an extremely clever dark comedy about a very dark subject. I thought Johansson's and Rockwell's dialogue in particular were very well written. Even Rebel Wilson, who I typically don't find funny, got a slight laugh from me.

Don’t know if I’ll get to see it in theater but I’m getting really excited about Uncut Gems.

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-26-2019),Stray (12-17-2019)

Jumanji The Next Level was ok to pretty good...the running joke of the reboot gets old and they take a bit to switch away from it.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I saw Ford v. Ferrari this evening. Terrific movie! Matt Damon and Christian Bale were great as Carroll Shelby and Ken Miles, and the story was good. Really enjoyable film.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Took my 72 year old mom to see Cats. I am not the audience for that movie, but according to her, it was "great"

I thought it was bizarre. Kinda worth it just to see something that strange.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Took my 72 year old mom to see Cats. I am not the audience for that movie, but according to her, it was "great"

I thought it was bizarre. Kinda worth it just to see something that strange.
    If you want a good belly laugh, go over to rottentomatoes.com and read some of the quotes from the negative Cats reviews. Certain critics clearly were saving zingers up for years awaiting a movie of its ilk.
    Stick to your guns.

Knives Out was disappointing. Not a bad movie, just not what I wanted. It didn't seem to know if it was to be plot-driven or character-driven.

It certainly wasn't the latter, because they didn't explore the characters much. And the plot was meh.

I don't know if anyone remembers Deathtrap with Michael Caine and Christopher Reeves. That was great. Frankly, Clue was also better.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Knives Out was disappointing. Not a bad movie, just not what I wanted. It didn't seem to know if it was to be plot-driven or character-driven.

It certainly wasn't the latter, because they didn't explore the characters much. And the plot was meh.

I don't know if anyone remembers Deathtrap with Michael Caine and Christopher Reeves. That was great. Frankly, Clue was also better.
    I liked Knives Out but it was a bit tame in the end considering the cast and writer/director involved. Did you see Ready or Not? Similar setting and not as prestigious of a pedigree but I thought it did more with less in the fun and entertaining department.

Couldn't disagree more. Knives was maybe my favorite movie of the year (and I can see up to 3 a week so I've seen a bunch). I also like Ready or Not. But Knives more.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

I saw Knives Out and thought it was great. I watched Ready or Not on an airplane and I dunno it was ok. It took me about an hour to settle into it and figure out what it was.

Saw Uncut Gems last night. It was so chaotic and uncomfortable and I loved every second of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. Knives was maybe my favorite movie of the year (and I can see up to 3 a week so I've seen a bunch). I also like Ready or Not. But Knives more.
    The first 20 minutes was interviews of the characters, and then he didn't really do much with them. Why waste that time?

Also, for RZ, didn't you think the baseball would play a part? No.
    Last edited by Rojo; 01-10-2020 at 09:17 PM.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

If 1917 doesn't make you realize the futility of war, I don't know what will.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    If 1917 doesn't make you realize the futility of war, I don't know what will.
    I just saw it. Phenomenal movie. Better than I anticipated.

18. Likes:

WrongVerb (01-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?