Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lose For Crews"

Re: "Lose For Crews"

The farm largesse of the 2010-2013 years was built on a decade of absolute unrelenting failure and the guaranteed draft position.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

2. Likes:

REDREAD (09-30-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    No one is saying they have to be great every year. But come on, teams get ranked high and do absolutely nothing. Stop acting like it doesn’t happen all the time. I get it if you don’t got hope you got nothing. Fair enough. Keep dreaming.
    Show your work. Go back and see who the top ranked farm systems were over the last 20 years and how they fared later on at the MLB level. If you are correct, it should be easy to prove.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Show your work. Go back and see who the top ranked farm systems were over the last 20 years and how they fared later on at the MLB level. If you are correct, it should be easy to prove.
    I showed you three recent seasons of two teams situated similarly to the Reds. You show your work that is less than 13 years old. Last 7 years.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

The difference between those farms prior to 2010 was they had Cueto and Bailey. This farm is all position players at the moment. Oh yeah, and Votto became a Hall of Famer. Anybody projecting that on any of these guys?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-30-2022)

I showed you three recent seasons of two teams situated similarly to the Reds. You show your work that is less than 13 years old. Last 7 years.
    You showed one outlier, the Pirates. The Twins actually did get good after 2018, two playoff appearances in 2019 and 2020.

Show every team that was ranked high in the last 20 years and where they ended up. It should be easy.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    You showed one outlier, the Pirates. The Twins actually did get good after 2018, two playoff appearances in 2019 and 2020.

Show every team that was ranked high in the last 20 years and where they ended up. It should be easy.
    The Reds had one playoff appearance in the same timeframe. We’re really taking 2020 seriously? Ok.

And what do the Twins have to show for it? Sweeps and now total irrelevance again.

No one is saying they have to be great every year. But come on, teams get ranked high and do absolutely nothing. Stop acting like it doesn’t happen all the time. I get it if you don’t got hope you got nothing. Fair enough. Keep dreaming.
    I never said it doesn’t happen. I said, repeatedly, having a good farm does not guarantee MLB success. My main language is English, but I also speak some of the gypsy language, Romani, would you like me to type it out in another language?

*** I am serious about speaking Romani - my dad’s father side of the family was an interesting bunch ***
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Not an extensive search, but just so everyone has the information handy, here’s where some of where the Reds farm system were ranked over the years. I haven’t found a central location to find these, so it’s a mixture:

Keith Law 16th, Jan 2014
    Keith Law 17th, Jan 2015
    John Sickles 14th, April 2015
    Keith Law 12th, Feb 2016
    Baseball America 12th, Feb 2016
    ESPN 8th, Jan 2017
    MLB Pipeline 9th, Feb 2017
    John Sickles 14th, Feb 2017
    ESPN 8th, Jan 2018
    Bleacher Report 9th, Jan 2018
    ESPN 6th, Feb 2019
    Baseball America 25th, Aug 2020
    ESPN 20th, Feb 2022
    MLB Pipeline 4th, Aug 2022

12. Likes:

The Reds had one playoff appearance in the same timeframe. We’re really taking 2020 seriously? Ok.

And what do the Twins have to show for it? Sweeps and now total irrelevance again.
    The twins weren’t irrelevant for much of this year, though, the fell apart at the end of the season. And they did exactly what you and I want the Reds to do. They traded their minor league depth for quality veteran players and signed one of the premier free agents of last years class.

14. Likes:

Pirates (98 losses), Reds (97), Royals (94), Tigers (93 with an additional game remaining), all lost to keep the battle for 3-6th draft lottery positions in check for today.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-01-2022 at 12:13 AM.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (10-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    The difference between those farms prior to 2010 was they had Cueto and Bailey. This farm is all position players at the moment. Oh yeah, and Votto became a Hall of Famer. Anybody projecting that on any of these guys?
    Was Votto projected to be a hall of famer? (The answer is no) With that said, yeah, EDLC looks pretty damned special.

As for the pitching piece, Greene, Lodolo, and Ashcraft just graduated.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 10-01-2022 at 08:12 AM.

18. Likes:

757690 (10-01-2022),Mitri (10-01-2022),Old school 1983 (10-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    The farm is all SS's at the moment. It's the new moneyball according to the Reds.
    Where we gonna go?

20. Likes:

Falls City Beer (10-01-2022)

I think it's an odd task-- to somehow argue that a healthy, thriving farm system with lots of interesting prospects isn't objectively a good thing for the parent club.

I'm interested in how this gets explained.

The farm is certainly good enough. They just graduated 2 very promising young pitchers and another solid innings eater, and you have India/Stephenson from the year previous. There’s loads of high-end talent and roster-filling depth in the high minors, with Elly, Marte and Collier all potential stars. That’s all a solid franchise needs, as long as things get restocked via the draft and timely trades here and there.

What worries me is that the Reds won’t develop these guys into solid big leaguers, nor will they supplement them with free agents. Good teams do all 3 things relatively well. Reds have a long way to go.

23. Likes:

REDREAD (10-01-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I think it's an odd task-- to somehow argue that a healthy, thriving farm system with lots of interesting prospects isn't objectively a good thing for the parent club.

I'm interested in how this gets explained.
    If they can develop them, it’s a great thing. But it’s not even close to a guarantee of anything. I’d rather have a front office hell bent on winning and an empty farm than the Reds’ current farm and absolutely no interest in winning.

25. Likes:

REDREAD (10-01-2022)

Turn Off Ads?