Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Advice- 2 teams, 2 trades

Trade Advice- 2 teams, 2 trades

I have two teams, and there are two trades I'm considering. Both are standard 5x5 leagues:

TEAM A

C G.Soto
    1B P.Fielder
    2B I.Kinsler
    SS C.Guillen
    3B E.Encarnacion
    OF M.Holliday
    OF L.Berkman
    OF C.Granderson
    UT C.Hart

BN V.Wells
    BN J.Hamilton
    BN O.Cabrera

SP R.Oswalt
    SP F.Liriano
    SP D.McGowan
    SP D.Lowe
    SP J.Guthrie
    SP Z.Greinke
    RP F.Cordero
    RP B.Lyon
    RP G.Sherrill

I'm considering trading Vernon Wells and Brandon Lyon for Roy Halladay. I'd prefer to keep Lyon and move a starter, but the guy is insisting on a closer being included. Do you think that's too much for Halladay? (He would accept Sherrill instead of Lyon if I preferred.) I'm worried that my (starting) pitching is too weak.

TRADE A
    I trade Wells and Lyon for Halladay

Additionally, I think I'm going to drop Guthrie and Greinke to pick up Cueto and Volquez. Is that too much of a homer move or does it make sense for the upside?

TEAM B (in a different league than Team A)

C Posada
    1B Pena
    2B NONE
    SS Reyes
    3B A.Ramirez
    OF Beltran
    OF Guerrero
    OF Markakis
    UT Swisher

BN Kemp
    BN E.Encarnacion

SP Bedard
    SP Oswalt
    SP Kazmir
    SP Hill
    SP Cain
    SP Harden
    RP F.Cordero
    RP Soria
    RP Gregg
    RP Sherrill
    RP Howry

I'm concerned that this team is the opposite of TEAM A, and it is too pitching-heavy. Also, I'm mainly concerned about the lack of a second baseman. So here's the deal I'm considering:

TRADE B
    I trade Rich Hill and George Sherrill for Dan Uggla

I don't need stolen bases, I need power. Uggla provides that at a position I need. I would then pickup either Cueto or Volquez with the newly vacated roster spot. Thoughts?

What is your overall evaluation of either/both of these two teams in a standard 5x5 league? Any glaring weaknesses?

Thanks in advance.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Advice- 2 teams, 2 trades

trade b is solid for you. I'm not a big Uggla fan, but he does fit a need

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    trade b is solid for you. I'm not a big Uggla fan, but he does fit a need
    I'm not either, but I agree.

As an alternative, I've been considering moving either Beltran or Bedard along with Bob Howry for Chase Utley on Team B. What do you think?

Also, what do you think about Trade A? Thanks.
    Go BLUE!!!

I'd see if you can't land a better arm than Halladay

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I'm not either, but I agree.

As an alternative, I've been considering moving either Beltran or Bedard along with Bob Howry for Chase Utley on Team B. What do you think?

Also, what do you think about Trade A? Thanks.
    I'd trade Bedard and Howry for Utley everyday of the week. If you can do that deal on that team, your offense will be sick. You would also still have plenty of pitching and closers.

Get that deal done if you can. I'd even do the Beltran/Howry for Utley/bench player? deal, but try the Bedard one 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    I'd trade Bedard and Howry for Utley everyday of the week. If you can do that deal on that team, your offense will be sick. You would also still have plenty of pitching and closers.

Get that deal done if you can. I'd even do the Beltran/Howry for Utley/bench player? deal, but try the Bedard one 1st.

I agree. What do you think of the Wells/Lyon-Halladay deal?
    Go BLUE!!!

I agree. What do you think of the Wells/Lyon-Halladay deal?
    Wells and Lyon are primed for a big year. I thought Lyon was the best relief pitcher for the Diamondbacks last year even with Valverde. Wells numbers should be much better than last years. I would try and swap Lyon for Sherrill since we was just named the O's closer. Or use that combo and try for player like Felix, Haren, Verlander or even a Dice-K.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    Wells and Lyon are primed for a big year. I thought Lyon was the best relief pitcher for the Diamondbacks last year even with Valverde. Wells numbers should be much better than last years. I would try and swap Lyon for Sherrill since we was just named the O's closer. Or use that combo and try for player like Felix, Haren, Verlander or even a Dice-K.

Just my opinion.
    So you're not concerned about Lyon's awful numbers in ST and the lurking of Tony Pena?
    Go BLUE!!!

You have 6 OF for 4 spots, and it's very possible Wells is the worst one there. Lyon is an injury risk, and is probably going to struggle. This is a VERY lopsided trade in favor of you.

Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan30 View Post
    You have 6 OF for 4 spots, and it's very possible Wells is the worst one there. Lyon is an injury risk, and is probably going to struggle. This is a VERY lopsided trade in favor of you.
    would you rather move lyon than sherrill? I believe the other guy is indifferent between the two
    Go BLUE!!!

Just pulled the trigger on a deal for Team B:

I trade: Matt Cain and Kevin Gregg
    I receive: Dan Uggla and my choice of Lastings Milledge or Alex Gordon

Thoughts?
    Go BLUE!!!

Just pulled the trigger on a deal for Team B:

I trade: Matt Cain and Kevin Gregg
    I receive: Dan Uggla and my choice of Lastings Milledge or Alex Gordon

Thoughts?
    I'd want Gordon. Going into last season Gordon was the next big thing. He struggled in his rookie season and should rebound and have a good year. As well, he has 1B and 3B eligibility.

One thing I'd debate on Team B is to drop Howry for a more dominate middle reliever. Howry has no chance to close this year unless Wood and Marmol get injured. I'd try to get Heath Bell, Pat Neshek, Betencourt, or Broxton to fill a reliever spot. These type of pitchers can really off set bad outings by your starters by getting you 1+ IP, with a couple Ks 3 or 4 times in a week and have great ERAs and WHIPs

Lyon has blown his chance of being a closer in ST, I think his ERA is north of 10. Expect Pena or the other guy they have to get it.

Gordon..... that's a no-doubter

TEAM A has just offered Curtis Granderson and Brandon Lyon for Jake Peavy, and the Peavy owner is strongly considering it. A definite no-brainer for Team A, no?
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?