Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Re: YouTube TV dropping Fox Sports regional networks

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    I'm 50 miles from the Michigan border in the center of Indiana -- blacked out
    wow, i figured they did it like the nfl does it -- 90 mile radius. [if games are not sold out in the nfl, they're blacked out locally.] so, in the nfl, bengals games are blacked out in dayton, but not columbus which sits just outside the 90-mile radius from cincinnati.

so, mlb is even dumber than i thought, which is really saying something.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (03-02-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

Once we’ve narrowed it down, we should name that place RedsZone and elect a mayor.

5. Likes:

Always Red (02-28-2020)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    wow, i figured they did it like the nfl does it -- 90 mile radius. [if games are not sold out in the nfl, they're blacked out locally.] so, in the nfl, bengals games are blacked out in dayton, but not columbus which sits just outside the 90-mile radius from cincinnati.

so, mlb is even dumber than i thought, which is really saying something.
    I believe the NFL dropped the blackout rule about 5 years ago. MLB needs to do the same
    sorry we're boring

7. Likes:

757690 (03-01-2020),alwaysawarrior (03-02-2020),cumberlandreds (02-29-2020),Edd Roush (03-02-2020),goldglover9 (02-28-2020),JFLegal (02-28-2020),Red Raindog (02-28-2020),REDREAD (03-02-2020),Revering4Blue (03-05-2020),Ron Madden (02-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I believe the NFL dropped the blackout rule about 5 years ago. MLB needs to do the same
    oh, goes to show how much i've been paying attention to the bengals the last few years. lol, thanks.

9. Likes:

Always Red (02-28-2020),KYExtemper (02-29-2020)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    oh, goes to show how much i've been paying attention to the bengals the last few years. lol, thanks.
    It's been really weird watching Bengals games with no fans in the stadium!
    sorry we're boring

Name:  EKuDTiHWoAUelBt.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  337.7 KB

12. Likes:

Always Red (02-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I'm glad I live out of market.
    Not so sure I'm glad to be out of market, but I switched to DirecTV back in 1993 so I could get Reds baseball. I also share MLB TV with my son and split the cost. Baseball, especially Reds baseball is important to me, so I pay double the Hulu cost. It's just a "have to have" thing for me. It's cheaper that local cable (neighbor pays $200 per month) because I don't need local access or 100 channels I never watch. It's just a matter of priorities. Regardless, you do what you can afford. I hope everyone gets to see the 2020 Reds.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

14. Likes:

REDREAD (03-02-2020),Revering4Blue (03-05-2020)

I’m in western NC, roughly 200 miles from Atlanta and 400 miles from Cincinnati...blacked out for both the Braves and Reds. Well done, MLB.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

16. Likes:

REDREAD (03-02-2020),Revering4Blue (03-05-2020)

Prognosis...Negative StRedlegs900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Not so sure I'm glad to be out of market, but I switched to DirecTV back in 1993 so I could get Reds baseball. I also share MLB TV with my son and split the cost. Baseball, especially Reds baseball is important to me, so I pay double the Hulu cost. It's just a "have to have" thing for me. It's cheaper that local cable (neighbor pays $200 per month) because I don't need local access or 100 channels I never watch. It's just a matter of priorities. Regardless, you do what you can afford. I hope everyone gets to see the 2020 Reds.
    I "paused" my YouTube TV for 8 weeks, just to see if they happen to come to an agreement. In the meantime, I signed up for the Hulu+Live TV 7-day trial just to see what it's like. I'll probably roll with it after a week if nothing new happens. As for TV shows, I basically have every show ever on an auto-populating PLEX server, so I don't have any need for certain channels. I just need the FSN channel for the Reds. Pretty annoying that I can't just purchase MLBTV for a year and be done with it.

18. Likes:

Always Red (02-29-2020),KYExtemper (02-29-2020),Red Raindog (02-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Taking your product off cord-cutting solutions is a great way to reach the younger demos the sport needs to continue growing.
    That's true. The problem is cord-cutting solutions originally were seen as a novelty and later an additive business for content providers since they were getting the bulk of their revenue from cable subscribers. As people cut cable for cheaper streaming options the revenue for content providers is plummeting at the same time the cost of broadcast rights for live sports goes through the roof.

Now places like FSO and going to start charging streaming providers the same amount as they charge cable companies. So streaming providers who, in general don't get buffered by ad revenue, are making decisions whether they even want to carry the content at all.

20. Likes:

REDREAD (03-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    I just got my e-mail for this. I joined last year and its worth it just for that.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

22. Likes:

North (02-28-2020)

They just extended the deadline as they negotiate but they have not said when the extension ends........

And not that it affects this season but "sources" were saying Comcast would drop the RSNs in September if prices stay as they are.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 02-28-2020 at 10:58 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

24. Likes:

Chip R (03-02-2020),KYExtemper (02-29-2020),Red Raindog (02-28-2020),REDREAD (03-02-2020)

Fubo was always great and included the RSN's. However, they cut them out a few months back as well.

Eventually, something needs to happen with the price they charge or nobody will be watching.

Too bad they just don't allow universal access to coverage via MLB.TV. I am in Minnesota but have no problem watching the Reds - but if I were a Twins fan I'd be in the same boat as you all.

26. Likes:

Chip R (03-02-2020),REDREAD (03-02-2020)

I like listening to the Reds on radio. May end up doing more of it. I'll just turn the volume down when Thom is on (lol).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

28. Likes:

REDREAD (03-02-2020)

I cancelled YouTube TV last night and made the switch over to Hulu. I can live without the Jackets for a while, but I'm unwilling to miss the Crew this weekend. I was a Vue refugee, and I was nearing the end of my first month's billing cycle and didn't want to pay for a second.

Fast forward to this morning, and YouTube TV announced a short-term extension with Sinclair to buy some time while they hammer out an agreement. If that happens before my week trial with Hulu is up, I'll go back to YouTube soon. Otherwise, I'll hang out here for a month and then switch back.

Hulu is fine, but I prefer YouTube over it. I also liked Vue far more than either.

I also blame Sinclair for all of this. Given the number of providers who have dropped them recently, it's clear that they're demanding far too much.
    Last edited by paintmered; 02-29-2020 at 09:36 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

30. Likes:

Chip R (03-02-2020),GAC (03-01-2020)

Turn Off Ads?