Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Baseball, Sports and the Corona Virus

Re: Baseball, Sports and the Corona Virus

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I still got this ....

I've seen your hair. That's not a surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-19-2020),GAC (03-20-2020),North (03-19-2020),RedlegJake (03-19-2020),Roy Tucker (03-19-2020),westofyou (03-19-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Any board members work in HR, and how is your company dealing with the hiring of new employees?.. I ask because the place that I work is bringing in New employees Monday... Seems like they do not value the health of their current employees.. I told them, I hope they can be trained from 6 feet away.

SIAP but some good news on Hydroxycholoriquine +/- Azithromycin study from France now. Will definitely tell my colleagues about it. Very promising and a very old and well established drug that could be used immediately. 100% cure by day 6 in patients given both drugs in combination. VERY small sample size...but still.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-ma...navirus-study/

Here is a more critical look at the drug by infectious disease physicians.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/927033#vp_1
    Last edited by DocRed; 03-19-2020 at 10:35 AM.

6. Likes:

Edd Roush (03-19-2020),GAC (03-20-2020),Larkin Fan (03-19-2020),North (03-19-2020),Ron Madden (03-19-2020),The Operator (03-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    SIAP but some good news on Hydroxycholoriquine +/- Azithromycin study from France now. Will definitely tell my colleagues about it. Very promising and a very old and well established drug that could be used immediately. 100% cure by day 6 in patients given both drugs in combination. VERY small sample size...but still.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/old-ma...navirus-study/

Here is a more critical look at the drug by infectious disease physicians.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/927033#vp_1
    I guess that's one good thing we've got going on, the WHOLE WORLD is working on this.

8. Likes:

Chip R (03-19-2020),DocRed (03-19-2020),Edd Roush (03-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'm getting a bit crazy, for sure (which says a lot, given how I normally am), but I'm about to start working from my laptop rather than my desktop because it uses significantly less power. And I'm probably going to start working upstairs where at least during the day because I can just open the blinds and not use any lights. What's it going to save me? Like $3 a month? Yet here I am, thinking about that.
    On the bright side, most utilities are suspending disconnects for lack of payment right now.

But I can still see why you wouldn’t want to rack up a big bill and then owe a ton of money after this whole mess is over. Conservation is definitely a good thing right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    I guess that's one good thing we've got going on, the WHOLE WORLD is working on this.
    Just approved by FDA during live WH news conference for use.

Also Remdesivir close to approval by FDA.

I wonder if everyone posting on here, who thinks I should be banned for having a different opinion, believes we should have done the same quarantine efforts in 2009 with H1N1? That impacted 1 in 5 Americans and killed over 12,000 Americans - including many young, healthy people at a much higher rate than this virus.

I don't believe it would have been a good idea, and that shutting down the entire economy/society to save those 12,000 people would have done more harm than good.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

12. Likes:

TNRED (03-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    I wonder if everyone posting on here, who thinks I should be banned for having a different opinion, believes we should have done the same quarantine efforts in 2009 with H1N1? That impacted 1 in 5 Americans and killed over 12,000 Americans - including many young, healthy people at a much higher rate than this virus.

I don't believe it would have been a good idea, and that shutting down the entire economy/society to save those 12,000 people would have done more harm than good.
    Hopefully you won't be banned for sharing your opinion. But Cancel Culture in America has become very strong and its sad to see.

14. Likes:

DocRed (03-19-2020),North (03-19-2020),sjjones (03-19-2020),texasdave (03-19-2020)

H1N1 had a vaccine within months and a much lower mortality rate you nitwit
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2 View Post
    Hopefully you won't be banned for sharing your opinion. But Cancel Culture in America has become very strong and its sad to see.
    I agree and I disagree with his opinion.

17. Likes:

GAC (03-20-2020)

Nah you shouldn't be banned,what you should do is cite the sources that sway your opinion, which I've asked for prior and got nothing back

19. Likes:

Chip R (03-19-2020),Ron Madden (03-19-2020)

One of the fundamental differences between H1N1 and Covid-19 is Italy. What's happening in Italy now is shaking everyone to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Nah you shouldn't be banned,what you should do is cite the sources that sway your opinion, which I've asked for prior and got nothing back
    His sources are things we're not allowed to talk about because they are political, so we all have to dance around it while he comes here and spreads rightwing propaganda on the topic.

I don't really care if he is banned or not, but posting lies because he knows this all makes the president look bad shouldn't be allowed.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

22. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (03-19-2020),Bob Sheed (03-19-2020),Bourgeois Zee (03-19-2020),Edd Roush (03-19-2020),Hypnotoad (03-19-2020),Larkin Fan (03-19-2020),membengal (03-19-2020),OhioRiverBarge (03-20-2020),westofyou (03-19-2020),Wonderful Monds (03-19-2020),WrongVerb (03-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    His sources are things we're not allowed to talk about because they are political, so we all have to dance around it while he comes here and spreads rightwing propaganda on the topic.

I don't really care if he is banned or not, but posting lies because he knows this all makes the president look bad shouldn't be allowed.
    Oh... you mean "The Best People"

The only leg you had to stand on, was sensationalist, agenda-driven media, before the corona virus really took off in Italy and South Korea.

But now?

C'mon man... This isn't rocket surgery. We're trying to prevent everyone who is susceptible from all getting sick at once. Flattening the curve of the surge that is going to hit our major cities first, then trickle down to the rest.

There's nothing political about this, at this point. It's about working together, from a 6 ft distance until the surge passes, then we regroup.

How is this so difficult to agree with?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?