Turn Off Ads?
Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

MIB International was one of the worst movies I've seen in years. Both my son and I gave it a 4/10.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    MIB International was one of the worst movies I've seen in years. Both my son and I gave it a 4/10.
    4 sounds fairly generous if it was that bad.

Season 2 of Dark on Netflix delivered. This is a one of a kind show and so worth the watch. S3 (next year) will be the end as the writers always planned, and I have no idea how they're gonna wrap this thing up.

But if you're into time travel paradoxes and shows that make you google stuff afterwards, you should watch. It's really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    It couldn't possibly be worse than "After Earth".
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

6. Likes:

TRF (06-26-2019)

Marvel released their upcoming Phase 4 at Comic Con this past weekend:

https://www.theringer.com/movies/201...se-4-comic-con

The Doctor Strange sequel looks like potentially the best film out of Phase 4. Supposed to be the first horror movie in the MCU. Might have a hard time getting the wife to see it.

I am hoping Takia Watitti can work his magic with Natalie Portman because she was horrible in both Thor movies. She wielded Mjolnir at Comic Con so it will be the female Thor.

The biggest surprise was rebooting Blade. Kinda wish Wesley Snipes would have been brought back but it did make sense to go with a younger actor.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    ...it seems a perfect example of why most eighties movies should be placed in a time capsule, buried, and never dug up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    80's movies are ten times better than most of the regurgitated crap that Hollywood puts out nowadays.
    It's been four months since this discussion, but a friend just made me watch a youtube video of some of the best current and upcoming movies - and I thought it went well with this discussion:

This video was nearly an hour long and contained trailers for: the next Terminator sequel, the next Rambo sequel, the Charlie's Angels remake, the live action version of Mulan, an It! sequel, an Angry Birds sequel, a Chucky remake, a BatMan spinoff, an Addams Family remake, a Zombieland sequel, another Mike Banning secret service sequel, a 47 meters Down sequel, a Downton Abbey big screen adaptation, another X-Men movie, a Bruce Willis comic book sequel, another Star Wars, a Top Gun sequel teaser, and a Jumanji sequel.

Other than those movies I think the entire video had 2 or 3 trailers for what looked like original films (including one with Will Smith and his son and another with Matt Damon and Christian Bale).

Hollywood has found it much easier to greenlight movies based on other films that have made them money in the past rather than greenlight original stuff. And 9 times out of 10 IMHO they become shallow films.
    Last edited by Kinsm; 07-27-2019 at 04:16 PM.

I am going to see the new Tarantino film tomorrow though, so not all hope is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I am going to see the new Tarantino film tomorrow though, so not all hope is lost.
    Saw this today, really enjoyed it. Cliff Booth is a great character.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Brandy stole that movie.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

13. Likes:

cincinnati chili (12-05-2019),redsfanmia (08-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    It was a little slow, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Anyone who is nostalgic for the golden age of hollywood should go see it, lord knows how much they spent on renting 50's and 60's cars for this film.

If you're expecting a film like Tarantino's previous few films, don't - change your outlook before going. I went with a few friends, and some didn't care for it due to that.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

"Crawl" was fun. Definitely worth seeing if you like semi-cheesy, action, man vs nature movies.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Brandy stole that movie.
    Brandy is a fine girl.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

17. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-07-2019),M2 (08-06-2019),North (08-07-2019)

So, EpicTV is free for a week on Xfinity. Apparently, they have scoured the world, but mostly the U.S. for unowned cinema, mostly of which has never been presented on television before. About 20-30% of their stock has, but most of it hasn't. It would take 24 hours just to use the info button to peruse what they have in stock one item at a time.

One I caught last night was a 1920 film directed by a man born in 1872 in Lancaster, Ohio, and written by a man born in 1872 in Hollywood, California. Can't imagine more than 50 people resided in Hollywood, California in 1872, possibly less than 20. Not uncommon for someone to lie about where they were from back then. He only received credit for 5 items as a writer with this being his first year of doing so, at the age of 48. The Director had over 70 credits as a Director, but it looks like he got duped by this guy into giving him the job of writing.

A skinny Babe Ruth stars in thus 73-minute reel released Sep 19th, 1920, so I'm at odds trying to figure out when it was filmed...off days in New York? Could have completed it in three days. They didn't waste film or time back then. Ruth's hands were what I noticed. They were huge. He also waddled like a duck naturally. He was also broad-chested. Of course, power comes from torque and contact, but clearly Ruth could swing a heavier piece of lumber than most could. He had to have superior vision, obviously, as pitchers then doctored the ball in all types of ways.

I can't recall ever seeing a 1920 or earlier reel of Ruth and this is 73 minutes, so it's interesting for that reason alone. The "story of Ruth" as the movie proclaims is purely fictional, but it's certainly worth viewing for any baseball fan. The physical quality of the film was preserved somehow.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

So I got to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Great film. This will win Tarantino his Best Director Oscar. DiCaprio was incredible, but he's going to lose Best Actor to Taron Egerton. Pitt will win Best Supporting Actor. Margo Robbie win be nominated for Best Supporting Actress but has no shot at winning.

Spoilers below:

The film follows actor DiCaprio and stunt double/gofer Pitt through a decline phase in their relative careers. Pitt intersects with the Manson Family, while Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski move in next door to DiCaprio. Eventually the world's collide, but instead of invading the Polanski house, an alternate history has them invading DiCaprio's place and getting their asses handed to them by a stoned Pitt and his dog.

The production rhymes with Tarantino's other work, as well as having his usual nods to entertainment history. The ending shot is straight out of The Player. And stick around through the credits for a nice little Easter egg.

All in all, very well done.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?