Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/4/2012 Phils at Reds

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: 9/4/2012 Phils at Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Well if he did trap it Howard would have been out at 2nd on a force play. I don't get where out 3 came from. Gameday is totally confused and I don't blame them. I have no idea how that would be scored.
    It was ruled a catch and doubled off 2nd. Couldn't have been a force at 2B because that would have removed the force at home no?

2. Turn Off Ads?

So that play goes as an 8-4 DP to end the inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Well if he did trap it Howard would have been out at 2nd on a force play. I don't get where out 3 came from. Gameday is totally confused and I don't blame them. I have no idea how that would be scored.
    Me either but the Reds could've easily got the third out.Touching home wouldn't of got it though.The force out was made at second.

Ludwick flies out to center.

I'm begging for some offense. First it was Harrell and Norris. Now it's Cloyd and Kendrick?

C'mon.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Yep, force at second but at that point there was a runner heading back into second and all Brandon had to do was tag him for the other out anyway instead of throwing home. Philly got screwed on that call, but it should have been a double play either way.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

That play to end the inning is one of those plays that in the future would go to replay.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    Me either but the Reds could've easily got the third out.Touching home wouldn't of got it though.The force out was made at second.
    Once they threw to 2nd, the force at home and third was gone. So, the Reds would have only got one out if they called it a trapped ball..

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Once they threw to 2nd, the force at home and third was gone. So, the Reds would have only got one out if they called it a trapped ball..
    The runner headed to third was moving back to the second base bag. Phillips could have tagged him easily.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Infield hit for Bruce.

Jay was moving pretty good up the line on that play.Looked like a CF to me.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    The runner headed to third was moving back to the second base bag. Phillips could have tagged him easily.
    But he didn't, he threw home? Why I don't know.

But if they had originally signalled a trapped ball, the runners would have moved forward, and only the out of 2nd would have been made.

But if they had originally signalled a trapped ball, the runners would have moved forward, and only the out of 2nd would have been made.
    Brain cramp?

We all agree that no one knows where the third out came from.I guess the boys in blue just assumed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    We all agree that no one knows where the third out came from.I guess the boys in blue just assumed it.
    Truth is, if that call had been made against the Reds, we'd be going ballistic.

Turn Off Ads?