Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Buy?

Re: Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Oh please. Williams was running the show then. He’s gone now, it’s the Krall show and he has absolutely nothing to show for it. Seriously, name the best move the Reds have made since he took over. One move.
    I still don't buy that Dick Williams transformed from do-nothing owner/GM to Trader Dick midway through his tenure. They said Krall was the one laying a lot of the groundwork on those deals (which is why they gave him the GM title) and I don't see any reason not to take that at face value.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Last year when things went good Krall was credited and Dick was blamed.

Now when things go bad Dick is credited and Krall is blamed.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Some people just don't like Dick.
    Go Gators!

5. Likes:

Bob Sheed (07-22-2021),Griffey012 (07-22-2021),Joeyjection19 (07-22-2021),Old school 1983 (07-22-2021),RedTeamGo! (07-22-2021),Revering4Blue (07-22-2021),Tom Servo (07-22-2021),Wonderful Monds (07-22-2021),WrongVerb (07-22-2021)

Things went good last year?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I honestly don’t trust Krall to “buy”

We need a new GM before next offseason.
    Yes, and I hope the next GM of the Reds is an experienced guy that has built winning teams before.
    I am sick of these guys that started off as a hotdog wrapper or batboy rising up in the ranks to the point where they can't do their job. Reds have churned through too many of these guys.. They GM for the Reds, do a bad job and then are never heard from again.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

8. Likes:

bm1475 (07-22-2021)

Oh please. Williams was running the show then. He’s gone now, it’s the Krall show and he has absolutely nothing to show for it. Seriously, name the best move the Reds have made since he took over. One move.
    The only good thing Krall did was invite Naquin to Spring Training and keep him.
    I'm trying to be fair, I honestly can not think of a single other good move he did.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    It's not the GM's fault.
    Never.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (07-23-2021),RedTeamGo! (07-22-2021)

Yeah. I was trying to find the thread I recall where there were some mea culpas and praise for Williams but instead I found your thread about how he needs to resign, and when i clicked on a random page I found this:

The point is this team is bad and he refused to sell of players on expiring contracts for the future.

It was delusional to think this team could make the postseason. Anyone with eyeballs and an operating brain can see that.
    in baseball you don't know nothin, as Yogi once said.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

NebraskaRed (07-22-2021),RedTeamGo! (07-22-2021)

We'll never know for sure because it was a super short season, but that was a quality team and if had gotten four more months of playing time, I suspect we'd have been pretty happy. They'd have won the division in a walk.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

If Krall didn't sign Moustakas and Shogo, then those are positives.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    If Krall didn't sign Moustakas and Shogo, then those are positives.
    castellanos and miley were signed in the same timeframe, so they must be counted too.

The Colorado Rockies are the only organization that Trevor Story has ever known as a pro. That might change prior to the July 30 Trade Deadline, and that might not be the only change in Story's baseball future if he is dealt. According to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand, at least one team is interested in Story "with the idea of playing him in center field" instead of at shortstop.

https://www.mlb.com/news/trevor-story-rumors
    Story in CF, Barrero at SS

18. Likes:

757690 (07-22-2021),Mitri (07-22-2021),Wonderful Monds (07-22-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Story in CF, Barrero at SS
    What in the hell lol

Yeah, that can’t not be the Reds lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Yeah, that can’t not be the Reds lol
    But what I propose is...what if it was??

Turn Off Ads?