Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 9-18-21 Reds vs Dodgers 2:10 pm

Re: 9-18-21 Reds vs Dodgers 2:10 pm

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Moose and Pujols having a conversation about cake or pie or something.

I guess I should add that I am mocking the fat jokes.
    I had a great one about a certain Reds player, Denny's breakfast menu, and a grand slam but I passed. Didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. A little levity and sense of humor would help some folks. The Reds' collapse has been frustrating. I'd rather laugh than cry. Some just want to cry.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bad hitting and bad defense today. That combo will never beat the Dodgers.

Barnhart on the postgame
    "Just one of those days" (said twice)
    "Not worried about it" (said twice)
    "There were errors, but hey, that's going to happen, I'm sure it will correct itself without doing anything" <might be slightly paraphrased, but that was close>
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Barnhart on the postgame
    "There were errors, but hey, that's going to happen, I'm sure it will correct itself without doing anything" <might be slightly paraphrased, but that was close>
    Barnhardt should be sent packing. He dosen't "get it."

Barnhart on the postgame
    Every player is coached to say exactly those things in every interview. Didn’t you ever see Bull Durham?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

7. Likes:

REDREAD (09-18-2021)

2 E's by Moose....awful. Need to start starting Eugenio even against righties.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I agree. Just play Geno and/or Barerro the rest of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ky Fried Redleg View Post
    Barnhardt should be sent packing. He dosen't "get it."
    I guarantee he “gets it” 1000000x more than anybody here

11. Likes:

Thisyear (09-18-2021)

Barnhart on the postgame
    This comes close to explaining his approach at the plate. He goes up there swinging at stuff that almost bounces to the plate, and goes back to the dugout without any apparent disappointment in what just transpired. The attitude of this team needs a serious adjustment, but I put a bit of that on not having any depth on the bench. When guys start feeling pressure to perform or sit, you tend to see less of this sort of thing and what Barnhart said after the game. Competition for playing time should be a contributing factor on how guys approach things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    I guarantee he “gets it” 1000000x more than anybody here
    Yep class act, average player but he is one of tbe hardest workers. Do you want him bashing his team, you don't do it in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    If I remember correctly you advocated for Suarez to be in tbe minors all season. Do you not expect Moose to have rust when he couldn't walk for months?

Doesn’t make any difference if you can’t score runs.

Reds go 3 back in the loss column as StL wins their 7th straight with 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th to win 3-2 after the 3 up, 3 down save to seal it.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    Reds go 3 back in the loss column as StL wins their 7th straight with 3 runs in the bottom of the 8th to win 3-2 after the 3 up, 3 down save to seal it.
    Sure wish our Reds wanted urgency to win... losing too losing teams when they had the easiest schedule of all the teams.. so frustrating.. no depth to count on..just sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    Hate to see it but I as well as a few others were told not to worry about the Cardinals. I think one was the great Tom Servo and anyone who mentioned what everyone knew was going to happen got killed. I think a whole host of people owe FCB an apology. You all say you are life long Reds fans, you must not of watched theast 26years.

Turn Off Ads?