Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 9/10/2015 Reds Birds at Red Legs

Re: 9/10/2015 Reds Birds at Red Legs

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    So what you're saying is that the Cardinals are tanking? Just wanting to make sure.
    Steve Jobs must have hated us all. That's all I've got to say.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Likes:

WrongVerb (09-10-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

DatDude!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

DatDudeHR

Gone, BP! George are you blind, lol

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

BPHIL via Heyward!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I dunno man, I don't think there was much 'euphoria'. With Sampson it was just 'hmm, maybe he could be a good bullpen arm' and with Lamb it's 'hmm, maybe he could be a solid BOR guy' and you rain on the parade. And I'm fine with that, but I'm gonna push back a little. I also remember you complaining about Lamb's pitch count early in his last start, yet he entered the 6th inning and a very manageable 82 pitches.
    Well you've seen the chart, Lamb's pitch counts have been uniformly pretty high so far as a Red.

And I recall the post I responded to last night (not yours) said that Sampson was "dealing" etc.

I tend to watch baseball with a critical eye. Others like to be rooters. I can live with both on the message board, not sure everybody can.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Votto > Klu
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

10. Likes:

Raisor (09-10-2015)

11 walks in this game. Brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    BPHIL via Heyward!
    It was well over....Heyward about stole it though

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Well you've seen the chart, Lamb's pitch counts have been uniformly pretty high so far as a Red.

And I recall the post I responded to last night (not yours) said that Sampson was "dealing" etc.

I tend to watch baseball with a critical eye. Others like to be rooters. I can live with both on the message board, not sure everybody can.
    Top arm in the Reds' system is not too far removed from the 12th best arm in the Reds' system.

I'm with those who think Lamb = starter, Sampson = reliever.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    It was well over....Heyward about stole it though
    I know. But it was in his glove and then out. I think Heyward still gets the assist.

Votto > Klu
    I was fortunate enough to see Klu at Crosley and I can tell you that Big Klu and Joey are different as night and day. Both had their good points, but in different ways. Of course, I was about 10 at the time, but all I can remember is his brute strength. Really impressed this 5th grader.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

16. Likes:

Big Klu (09-10-2015),Tom Servo (09-10-2015),WrongVerb (09-10-2015)

Top arm in the Reds' system is not too far removed from the 12th best arm in the Reds' system.

I'm with those who think Lamb = starter, Sampson = reliever.
    You really think Sampson is that close to Stephenson? I see Sampson as a maybe for the bullpen. He walks a ton of guys.

Lamb, IMO, is a maybe starter who would be dynamite pitching late inning relief. Pitch count less important, the high Ks would be very important and effective.

These guys may have come up soonest, but I'm thinking that Stephenson, Finnegan, maybe Reed, Garrett, Travieso, will all prove to be better suited for major, starting roles.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    You really think Sampson is that close to Stephenson? I see Sampson as a maybe for the bullpen. He walks a ton of guys.

Lamb, IMO, is a borderline starter who would be dynamite pitching late inning relief. Pitch count less important, the high Ks would be very important and effective.

These guys may have come up soonest, but I'm thinking that Stephenson, Finnegan, maybe Reed, Garrett, Travieso, will all prove to be better suited for major, starting roles.

We'll see.
    Prove to be. Yes, I agree.

If they were the best arms, they'd be in the majors right now.

We have a Skippy sighting. Bets on a strikeout?
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?