Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Game Thread 9-17 - if anyone cares

Re: Game Thread 9-17 - if anyone cares

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Does 1982 and 1983 ring a bell?
    1982 and 1983 weren't rebuidling years - it was simply poor farm system drafts, the inability to attact or use free-agency, while holding onto Concepcion and Bench and Driessen.

The trades of Seaver, Foster, & Griffey brought absolutely nothing in return.

Dick Wagner was going to show the world that Bob Howsam 1968 was right. Boy, did he show them.

Those Reds were also owned by the Williams Brothers who believed the Carl Lindner way of operating a baseball club.
    Last edited by Heath; 09-17-2006 at 08:04 PM.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was glad to hear that Milton is A-OK and was ready to go for this one.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I was glad to hear that Milton is A-OK and was ready to go for this one.
    Unlike our Browns, huh, GAC. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Unlike our Browns, huh, GAC. Ugh.
    We ain't seen ugly yet. Wait till next week.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    The board collectively felt the Reds would finish the season with around 77-78 Wins (yes, I took every prediction from gonelong's thread and averaged them)..
    That's got to be the best effort of the year to prove a point. Amazing. Great idea to get the true expectations of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Funny how this team is no better on September 17th than they were on February 8th.
    Everybody funny... now you funny too. 15 months ago... 06-26-2005... you telegraphed it, albeit with a different angle.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...17&postcount=9

Originally Posted by Krusty
    You have to wonder where the Reds would be right now if Krivsky was the Reds GM instead of O'Brien?
    Originally Posted by Falls City Beer

Competing for the Central title.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=12

Originally Posted by pedro
    I doubt it too. I just don't see what he could have done to impove pitching enough to compete. OTOH, I bet the Reds would be much better off than they are now, hard to see how they couldn't be.
    Originally Posted by Falls City Beer

A calendar year and a half is a long time. For the record, I didn't say "winning" the Central Division.

Gotta watch what you say around these parts.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Everybody funny... now you funny too. 15 months ago... 06-26-2005... you telegraphed it, albeit with a different angle.
    In the name of holy hypocrisy!! Wow. When does the post-of-the-year voting begin around here?!?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    In the name of holy hypocrisy!! Wow. When does the post-of-the-year voting begin around here?!?
    Be careful with the veiled personal attacks, redfanalways, or the hall monitor will get you.

Ow.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...17&postcount=9

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=12
    I fail to see the hypocrisy. They "competed" in the Central up till mid-September.

They didn't "win" the Central?

Where am I off the mark?

Please show me.

I KNEW this would be a weakened Central, and it was; no mystery there they could "compete" in it, or that Wayne isn't better than O'Brien (come on, I'd be better than O'Brien).

In your ceaseless effort to prove that opinions change, woy, you just proved that I was incredibly prescient. Bully for you.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

In your ceaseless effort to prove that opinions change, woy, you just proved that I was incredibly prescient. Bully for you.
    I'm not out to prove anything, actually I just stumbled on it and found it ironic.

Bully for me, I guess... I'm easily amused.

However, baseball is a hard game and building a baseball team isn't an out of the box process or something whose burden is unencumbered by one spin around the block in the new GM's desk, you're right opinions do change, but building a baseball team is a much more arduous then most want to admit and that unlike opinions, is not changing anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    He'd better have a monster off-season and 2007 or RCast will be looking at someone else.
    He better have a monster off-season or some folks on Redszone will be looking at someone else. I highly doubt BC would fire Krivsky if the offseason doesn't measure up to whatever standard you might impose on him.

Turn Off Ads?