Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Re: NBA 2019-2020: Band in China

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Curry broke his hand tonight, per FantasyLabs on Twitter.

Warriors gonna go full tank.

Edit: left hand
    One look at Aron Baynes ought to tell you that running into him probably won't bode well for you. He's like a human wall.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    This goes to my theory that wings > bigs. Very few of the big guys are special and there's never a shortage of hulking guys in their mid-to-late 20s who can clean the glass or protect the rim.
    If you're drafting and you have narrowed it down to three players that you have rated about equally, odds are you're better off going for the wing unless it's a big that you're certain can clean the glass, protect the rim AND stretch the floor, which certainly may give you pause. But yes, you can never have too many wings.

The thing is that Bender and Chriss weren't reputed to be traditional hulking bigs. Rather, they were both reputed to be mobile players with the (eventual) ability to do all three - rebound, stretch the floor and protect the rim. But with their high ceilings came a rather low floor, definitely a lower floor than the Hields and Murrays of the '16 draft. Ironically enough, the cream of the '16 crop so far, has been fairly represented by non-wings.

Sorted by win shares:

Ben Simmons 17.8 (Missed his entire "rookie" season)
    Pascal Siakam 16.2
    Malcolm Brogdon 14.0
    Domantas Sabonis 13.3
    Jakob Pöltl 12.5
    Jamal Murray 12.4
    Buddy Hield 9.7
    Jaylen Brown 9.3
    Caris LeVert 5.8
    Ivica Zubac 5.7

Note (and I found this hard to believe): Undrafted Class of'16 PG Yogi Ferrell has accrued 6.8 win shares so far.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Anyone following this Rockets-Wizards score? Both teams are going to score more than 150 in regulation.
    What a coincidence that it was Houston against Washington in both NBA and MLB World Series on the same night.

For Washington:

1)Isaiah Thomas looks like the IT of '17 so far.
    2)Troy Brown was impressive in his '19 debut.
    3)The Spurs look like fools for allowing Davis Bertens to get away.
    4)Having been jettisoned from the Lakers, Wagner and Bonga have outproduced several current Lakers bench elements.
    5)C.J Miles will return soon to provide more bench punch.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

5. Likes:

M2 (10-31-2019)

One look at Aron Baynes ought to tell you that running into him probably won't bode well for you. He's like a human wall.
    I know that it's way too early in the season, but I'm curious as to what Bostonians think about the draft day trade that sent Baynes and the rights to Ty Jerome for, IIRC, the pick owed from Milwaukee to Phoenix from the Bledsoe trade.

While I get that they needed to clear cap space and it was no certainty at the time that Horford would bolt, it still seemed like a curious trade at the time to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm not sure what Luke Walton has done to this Kings team but he needs to stop. They had a lotta things trending in the right direction last year and they're totally broken right now. I get that the Bagley injury hurts, but it's more than that.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get canned early on if they don't turn it around. All of their players seem lost and are noticeably worse than they've been.
    I never would have fired Joerger in the first place......or Mike Malone in '14, for that matter.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    What a coincidence that it was Houston against Washington in both NBA and MLB World Series on the same night.

For Washington:

4)Having been jettisoned from the Lakers, Wagner and Bonga have outproduced several current Lakers bench elements.
    ...and it was home-run derby in the NBA game.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-31-2019)

I know that it's way too early in the season, but I'm curious as to what Bostonians think about the draft day trade that sent Baynes and the rights to Ty Jerome for, IIRC, the pick owed from Milwaukee to Phoenix from the Bledsoe trade.

While I get that they needed to clear cap space and it was no certainty at the time that Horford would bolt, it still seemed like a curious trade at the time to me.
    Seeing that it resulted in Kemba, I think everyone will be cool with it. The Celticsverse may spend this entire season gushing about how Kemba is the anti-Kyrie. Baynes is actually my throw-a-rock-hit-a-big-guy poster boy. There's always an Aron Baynes out there. I like him because he's straight out of a Highlander movie. Just throw a few pelts on him.

The primary Celtics complaint these days is Romeo Langford. He's already being called the next James Young.

Gotta love the new KAT. An attitude like his is going to get the T-Wolves back to the playoffs. They have a good H.C., and what appears to be the right direction by the G.M., who took a stand last season jettisoning players who weren't buying into the organization.

On another note, POR should face PHI on Saturday without having to see Embiid, and possibly without Simmons, too. KAT will surely also be suspended. I expect 2 games for Simmons and 3 for KAT and Embiid, but that Simmons' games will take place after Embiid has served his.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

For Washington:

It's very early and there's so much to like about this season. Takes the sting out of being a Bengals' fan. After last Winter's positive moves by the REDS, looking forward to the REDS' Winter of 2019-20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Gotta love the new KAT. An attitude like his is going to get the T-Wolves back to the playoffs. They have a good H.C., and what appears to be the right direction by the G.M., who took a stand last season jettisoning players who weren't buying into the organization.

On another note, POR should face PHI on Saturday without having to see Embiid, and possibly without Simmons, too. KAT will surely also be suspended. I expect 2 games for Simmons and 3 for KAT and Embiid, but that Simmons' games will take place after Embiid has served his.
    I'd expect two games each for Towns and Embiid; although Towns could get three for throwing a punch. If Embiid gets any more games, it'll be for acting like a moron on social media afterwards.

No way Simmons should receive a suspension. He did nothing but get Towns away from Embiid.

The NBA is weird this year thought. Heck, officials ejected Mike Scott the other night for what was later downgraded to a Flagrant One (which would have been a common foul a couple years ago), so who knows.

The whole thing was stupid, but Towns doesn't get "attitude" points for going after a guy when down by 20 halfway through the third quarter just because said guy (Embiid) has been abusing him in the post virtually his entire career. That was nothing but a thin-skinned player doing thin-skinned player things.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

14. Likes:

M2 (10-31-2019),Revering4Blue (10-31-2019)

This Towns-Embiid wrestling match was predictable and “good” for each one’s brand. Nobody got hurt, that’s due to Ben Simmons and Jeff Teague. Kudos to the peacemakers.
    Even though it was right in front of the bench, the Philly head coach didn’t get involved. That showed me he doesn’t feel like he can control Embiid or even want to.
    The Sixers demolished the wolves in the game. Embiid, Simmons and Thybulle were very good.

It looks like Philly’s team leaders are Mike Scott (visible OG taboo- if you’re not required to get one because you’re in organized crime, I don’t get why people do that.) and Joel Embiid (actually plays real games about 50% of each season, including playoffs - how can you expect to win a championship with a leader who gives you 50%?). Let’s see how that works out.

Jazz looked great last night, Conley finally got going and the offense looked like an offense. Bummed that Leonard didn’t play but oh well.

17. Likes:

Boston Red (10-31-2019)

Curry broke his hand tonight, per FantasyLabs on Twitter.

Warriors gonna go full tank.

Edit: left hand
    Might be the best thing for them. Get a high pick and if they can get a team to pay up for Russell they could give the Curry/Klay/Dray some solid young support for the 20/21 season.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-31-2019)

Embiid likes crushing other prominent centers. He's got an alpha streak. I like guys who are playing for bragging rights. Makes regular season games way more interesting.

21. Likes:

goreds2 (10-31-2019),Kingspoint (10-31-2019),Revering4Blue (10-31-2019),SteelSD (10-31-2019)

Random questions:

Why does Doc Rivers start Pat Patterson over JaMychal Green? Like, what is that supposed to accomplish?

How did the Kings lose at home to the Hornets? That was supposed to be the easiest game of the year on their schedule. Bright spot for Charlotte, P.J. Washington looks like a real ROY candidate.

Is Tim Frazier and Luke Kennard the worst backcourt in the NBA today or the worst backcourt ever?

Are the Heat going to win 50+ games? The upper end of the East is going to have some inflated wins totals and they're looking like they're in the upper end.

23. Likes:

SteelSD (10-31-2019)

So in a span of like five games the Warriors lost KD, Klay Thompson and Steph Curry to significant injuries? That's pretty tough.

25. Likes:

M2 (10-31-2019)

Turn Off Ads?