Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DFA Moustakas

DFA Moustakas

.206 last year. I-97 this year. Big mistake. Get rid of him . ‘Nuff said.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: DFA Moustakas

I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen after the season.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-08-2022),Wonderful Monds (08-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen after the season.

Patrick Mooney
    @PJ_Mooney

Per Jed Hoyer, the Cubs are planning to release Jason Heyward, who’s on the injured list, from the final year (2023) of his $184 million contract, but will keep him around as an inactive player for the rest of this season because he’s highly respected in the clubhouse

It really is an embarrasment to have him wearing the REDS' uniform.

- - - Updated - - -

Heyward is respected around the clubhouse because they envy his ability to screw MLB owners and fans who foot the bills out of all of that dough with so little in return.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

It’s hard to believe he’s as bad as he is. Just a wretched waste of FA money.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

It’s crazy how suddenly he fell off a cliff. He was pretty damned good the year before the Reds signed him. Been absolutely horrendous since. This is the danger of playing the FA game.

But anyways, yeah, he should be DFA.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Guy has clearly never taken any form of physical fitness seriously.....catches up to most position players as they age.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

10. Likes:

goreds2 (08-09-2022),Monster Man (08-09-2022)

Pay him, get him a nice goodbye cake.
    Go Gators!

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Guy has clearly never taken any form of physical fitness seriously.....catches up to most position players as they age.
    Brings to mind the John Kruk adage.

It was spring training, and John Kruk was significantly overweight.

He was also drinking beer and smoking cigarettes. A woman recognized him, and she approached him. “You should be ashamed of yourself. You’re an athlete,” she said.

Kruk responded, “I ain’t an athlete, lady. I’m a baseball player.”

If only he could hit like Kruk.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

13. Likes:

goldglover9 (08-11-2022),goreds2 (08-09-2022),Kingspoint (08-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiohaybaler View Post
    .206 last year. I-97 this year. Big mistake. Get rid of him . ‘Nuff said.
    Please explain how DFA’ing Moose benefits anybody. The Reds don’t save a dime by doing so. They don’t need his roster spot, they have more spots than good players.

What do they gain from letting him go?

15. Likes:

REDREAD (08-09-2022)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s crazy how suddenly he fell off a cliff. He was pretty damned good the year before the Reds signed him. Been absolutely horrendous since. This is the danger of playing the FA game.

But anyways, yeah, he should be DFA.
    It was weird that he still managed to have a season OPS over 800 into August last year, granted with a couple months of playing time in there. I thought he still had another second wind in him.

Bummer, because the brief windows where he did hit well as a Red, the lineup was fairly transformed with him in it.

17. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Please explain how DFA’ing Moose benefits anybody. The Reds don’t save a dime by doing so. They don’t need his roster spot, they have more spots than good players.

What do they gain from letting him go?
    They gain not having a negative 1.1 WAR player in the lineup and you can replace him with Spencer Steer someone who actually has a future with the Reds. Steer killed AA pitching this year and has an .830 OPS in AAA. It's time to infuse new talent into this roster starting with Barrero and Steer then on to McLain and Elly next year.

19. Likes:

Chip R (08-09-2022),Monster Man (08-09-2022),SomeCallMeTim (08-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    They gain not having a negative 1.1 WAR player in the lineup and you can replace him with Spencer Steer someone who actually has a future with the Reds. Steer killed AA pitching this year and has an .830 OPS in AAA. It's time to infuse new talent into this roster starting with Barrero and Steer then on to McLain and Elly next year.
    The active roster is 26. That leaves room for Moose and for Steer. And for 24 others.

All you accomplish by DFA’ing Moose is to ensure that Reds will pay the full $22 million due next year and buyout. Once he’s gone there’s no flexibility. No possible deal for a little salary relief, nothing, even if he does better in 2023.
    Last edited by Kc61; 08-09-2022 at 12:55 AM.

21. Likes:

BoxingRed (08-13-2022)

Is Moose kept around in the clubhouse because he's a fan of Skyline Chili or something? Doughboy needs to go!
    "He reminds me of me when I was that age -- the way he plays the game, I mean," Pete Rose talking about Chris Sabo

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The active roster is 26. That leaves room for Moose and for Steer. And for 24 others.

All you accomplish by DFA’ing Moose is to ensure that Reds will pay the full $22 million due next year and buyout. Once he’s gone there’s no flexibility. No possible deal, nothing, even if he does better next season. Bad business move.
    What deal do you believe there is or will be between no and the end of next season? The best you could hope for is giving someone something like Marte, Arroyo, Petty, Acuna, etc, with virtually nothing in return just to take him (and even then the other guy is gonna make you pay at least half of what's owed him).

I wouldn't mutiny if Moose is still here, but don't see where he helps much. Sunken cost. Eat the last season Don't go spending prospect capital to recoup a little cash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OldFashionedRed View Post
    Is Moose kept around in the clubhouse because he's a fan of Skyline Chili or something? Doughboy needs to go!
    Taps the next keg when the current one is empty.

Turn Off Ads?