Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part V

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Which I’m pretty sure was pivotal to the passage of the 13th Amendment.

I love the Tommy Lee Jones scene as Thaddeus Stevens blasting Lee Pace on the House floor. All timer.
    Lee Pace brings a very "needs to be yelled at" aura to all of his roles.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Chip R (02-24-2023)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Are you guys saying that Lee Pace was playing a vampire? Makes sense.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

So, saw Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania last weekend. Critics hate it. Fans like it. I get both takes. Keep in mind that I'm not a fan of Kang, mainly because I think time travel plotlines have been a bit overdone in both comics and films recently. But I have to say that Jonathan Majors is a truly menacing figure as the long-time Marvel villian. You also get a pretty good appreciation for both Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne, after spending two movies forgetting that they were once superheroes themselves. But a warning- there's a LOT going on in the film.

No Micheal Pena, which stinks, but there is some comic relief, even if the plotline(s) for teh supporting characters is (with one major exception) pretty formulaic. In short, there's a good chance you've seen this film before, just with different characters in a different universe. But it's well done, and furthers the Kang plot that'll lead up to the next Avengers movie, and develops Cassie Lang's "origin" as a hero, (teasing a possible Young Avengers series/film?) so it's worth seeing.

Probably some of the venom thrown at the film by critics is due to the fact that you really have to watch the Loki series to have a solid understanding of how the story is progressing. And maybe only long-time serious Marvel fans will understand the menace Kang represents, while also getting the significance of both the mid-credit and end-credit cut scenes.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

They call me "chef"

I just need it to be OK. I thought Thor 4 and Dr. Strange 2 were embarrassing and Wakanda Forever was good. Please be at least OK. Thank you/see you on Disney+ in 3 months, Ant Man.

7. Likes:

SteelSD (02-23-2023)

I expect it to be bad and I'm still gonna watch Cocaine Bear lol.

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-24-2023)

I enjoyed Avatar 2
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I enjoyed Avatar 2
    I did too, back when the movie was just called "Avatar".
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    I did too, back when the movie was just called "Avatar".
    I get the snark and somewhat agree with it, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe I have bad taste, don't care ha.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

SteelSD (02-24-2023)

We saw A Man Called Otto a couple of weeks ago. It was good. Some (black) humor in there. Parts of the movie are told in flashbacks which isn't necessarily my favorite storytelling motif but it works better in movies than books. If you're the kind who gets emotional at movies, you may want to bring a hankie. If you're of a certain age it really makes you think about your future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I just need it to be OK. I thought Thor 4 and Dr. Strange 2 were embarrassing and Wakanda Forever was good. Please be at least OK. Thank you/see you on Disney+ in 3 months, Ant Man.
    I liked the Raimi Dr. Strange movie, but Raimi could film a line of people taking turns farting in a bucket and I'd like it.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I liked the Raimi Dr. Strange movie, but Raimi could film a line of people taking turns farting in a bucket and I'd like it.
    I liked that one too, but also wished that the Illuminati scene would have run right over the time alotted for Strange and Mordo to have a fistfight.

--Ted Williams

So, saw Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania last weekend. Critics hate it. Fans like it. I get both takes. Keep in mind that I'm not a fan of Kang, mainly because I think time travel plotlines have been a bit overdone in both comics and films recently. But I have to say that Jonathan Majors is a truly menacing figure as the long-time Marvel villian. You also get a pretty good appreciation for both Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne, after spending two movies forgetting that they were once superheroes themselves. But a warning- there's a LOT going on in the film.

No Micheal Pena, which stinks, but there is some comic relief, even if the plotline(s) for teh supporting characters is (with one major exception) pretty formulaic. In short, there's a good chance you've seen this film before, just with different characters in a different universe. But it's well done, and furthers the Kang plot that'll lead up to the next Avengers movie, and develops Cassie Lang's "origin" as a hero, (teasing a possible Young Avengers series/film?) so it's worth seeing.

Probably some of the venom thrown at the film by critics is due to the fact that you really have to watch the Loki series to have a solid understanding of how the story is progressing. And maybe only long-time serious Marvel fans will understand the menace Kang represents, while also getting the significance of both the mid-credit and end-credit cut scenes.
    Yeah, it was a fine popcorn movie. They needed to flesh out the daughter better and "Michelle Pfeiffer's got a secret" stretched out way too long. I like the way they're walking into Kang. Though this never would have flown with the studio execs, I really wish he'd have done zero fighting. I think all menace and genius was the way to go. Side note: I really, really, really, really, really wish they had put the Micronauts in this movie. They're in the Microverse and Kang could have been their Baron Karza stand-in.

Yeah, it was a fine popcorn movie. They needed to flesh out the daughter better and "Michelle Pfeiffer's got a secret" stretched out way too long. I like the way they're walking into Kang. Though this never would have flown with the studio execs, I really wish he'd have done zero fighting. I think all menace and genius was the way to go. Side note: I really, really, really, really, really wish they had put the Micronauts in this movie. They're in the Microverse and Kang could have been their Baron Karza stand-in.
    I thought about the Micronauts too, but I think there are some licensing issues there. Acroyear would have been awesome though.

--Ted Williams

I thought about the Micronauts too, but I think there are some licensing issues there. Acroyear would have been awesome though.
    Marvel owns most the characters except Acroyear and the robots. I honestly don't understand why Mattel doesn't give Marvel usage rights. It's not like they're raking in big Micronauts bucks anymore. If the characters hit big in the MCU they could reissue the toy line. But I really just want Bug.

Marvel owns most the characters except Acroyear and the robots. I honestly don't understand why Mattel doesn't give Marvel usage rights. It's not like they're raking in big Micronauts bucks anymore. If the characters hit big in the MCU they could reissue the toy line. But I really just want Bug.
    My understanding is that Hasbro currently owns the rights (and to Rom also):

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ts-to-the-mcu/

Renaming the Microverse to the Quantum Realm likely has to do with Marvel Studios’ attempts to distance itself from the Micronauts name, as the superhero team was acquired by Hasbro from Marvel around the year 2009. This, of course, means that Marvel no longer has full legal access to these characters, making their appearance in Quantumania highly unlikely, if impossible.

A few paragraphs down, it's mentioned that Paramount was previously working with Hasbro to develop a Micronauts film, but it was scuttled.

--Ted Williams

21. Likes:

M2 (02-28-2023)

Turn Off Ads?