Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Bengals - Part III

Ted Karras was riled up after the game (anyone else notice The Titans defense diving at their knees during a kneel down?) and absolutely gave it to some Titans fans on his way to the tunnel.

WARNING: NSFW LANGUAGE

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkVSlau...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-28-2022),membengal (11-27-2022),Stray (11-27-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    Today was my favorite game in a long time. There’s so much to be said for guys stepping up, and the physicality they played with was awesome to see.

-OL is gelling and Burrow is getting the ball out quick. Awesome combo
    -I love Cam Taylor-Britt. He’s got that dog in him.
    -Perine is a great back in the shotgun looks they like. He and Mixon are 1A and 1B as far as I’m concerned. And Williams provided two awesome sparks. His second run was ANGRY.
    -DJ Reader makes the defense elite. They know who they are and they play so disciplined. Bravo.
    -Chase getting hurt could be a blessing in disguise. The offense has adjusted and guys have stepped up. They’ve become much more physical. Now work him back in and let’s see them really take a jump to elite.
    -McPherson is a great weapon.
    -I’ve seen enough from Chrisman, let’s thank Huber and fill his roster spot with depth somewhere.
    -Tee Higgins is a WR1. That’s not up for debate.
    -Irwin made the play of the game imo. What a catch. Great story he is.

Can’t wait for next week!
    Yep, there are a ton of positives right now. While they didn’t win by many points today, they outplayed the Titans on both sides of the ball. The Bengals defense played great outside of 2 big plays. And, their offense was pretty well rounded. Take away some of the stupid penalties and they would’ve won handily over a solid team playing at home.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

A different version, cool, but no language issues

https://twitter.com/thejacobwalker/s...A8E4aKkvKrDaIQ

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Ted Karras was riled up after the game (anyone else notice The Titans defense diving at their knees during a kneel down?) and absolutely gave it to some Titans fans on his way to the tunnel.

Derrick Henry with 17 carries for 38 yards is ridiculous. What a job by our D.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-28-2022),oregonred (11-27-2022),Redhook (11-27-2022),RiverRat13 (11-28-2022),The Operator (11-28-2022),UKFlounder (11-27-2022),WrongVerb (11-28-2022)

"So Fla Red"

So many positives today on both sides of the ball. Won the trenches on both sides of the game.

The Oline looked great and Reader was just a beast in the middle.

Fantastic win and great job by Burrow and the boys once again adjusting without Chase and Mixon. Trayveon, Perine ran mean and nasty today. Great team win!
    Last edited by oregonred; 11-27-2022 at 10:44 PM.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-28-2022)

One thing that I love so much is they can win a variety of ways. Shootouts, trench maulings, and hybrids of those style games
    Last edited by membengal; 11-28-2022 at 09:03 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

11. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (11-28-2022),Kingspoint (11-28-2022),Redsfaithful (11-28-2022),RiverRat13 (11-28-2022),Todd Gack (11-30-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    One thing that I love so much is they can win a variety of ways. Shootouts, trench mailings, and hybrids of those style games
    Absolutely. And they'll need Chase back for what will probably be track meet against KC. But it's cool to see them win in a variety of ways. Titans fans called the Bengals a finesse team. If that wasn't shown to be folly last year, it certainly was yesterday.

Hard not to see what they loved about CTB. A willing tackler to say the least. He has a ton of room to grow in coverage and I worry that this is the week that he and Apple get exposed a little bit. But I would also guess this is the week we see Dax Hill a lot for 3-safety looks. The fact that the secondary is made up of good tacklers should allow them to play a lot of dime without getting totally gashed against the run. Pratt is playing really well but he may be on the sidelines more than usual against the Chiefs.

According to ESPN radio heads...

Lou made it a point to show his defense how they stopped Henry last season in the playoffs. His point you need willing tacklers which isn't easy as Henry is huge. He made it a point that the secondary had to get involved like last year to bring him down. Make Tannehill beat you...

great strategy and excellent coaching
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-28-2022)

I keep watching that. On a loop. What a signing Karras was.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-28-2022),The Operator (11-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I keep watching that. On a loop. What a signing Karras was.
    The man eats glass for breakfast. It’s the exact energy you want from an offensive lineman.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-28-2022)

The man eats glass for breakfast. It’s the exact energy you want from an offensive lineman.
    It's hard to imagine a better fit with Burrow too in terms of center. Shared mentality.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-28-2022),The Operator (11-28-2022)

Supposedly the Titans D line was diving at the Bengals Offensive lineman's knees during the kneel down which sparked the jawing and emotion from Karras. I like the fire...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

they 100% were. Dirty as hell.

I have to say its funny to see the social media dummies coach firing recommendations turn from Zac Taylor to Ryan Day this weekend. Two young coaches in tune with their players and how to play the game today who rile up all the "fire the bum" demons after any loss.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Supposedly the Titans D line was diving at the Bengals Offensive lineman's knees during the kneel down which sparked the jawing and emotion from Karras. I like the fire...
    They absolutely did. I noticed it right when it happened and couldn’t believe it. I’ve watched loads of football and had never seen anyone do that before. My wife didn’t get why I was so upset so I explained to her that kneel downs are a formality and that should never occur. Such a dirty thing to do. It’s disappointing to see that out of a team coached by Vrabel.

I didn’t see this for myself, but a friend of mine on Facebook swears that on multiple occasions Burrow got up in the Titans face because they tried to wrench his knee after the play was already over and he was down. Haven’t seen any video but the guy who said it isn’t the type to make stuff up.

If I had any faith in Roger Goodell I would expect some discipline but we all know better on that front.

Turn Off Ads?