Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Re: COVID-19 Part IX -Vaccine Time

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Lol what? You said kids are resilient. This article says kids are affected by isolation and stress. So you say Well we don’t have any long term data. Jfc you’re a mess.
    I am so glad I never had you in a logic class, lol.

Resiliency assumes kids are suffering, that they are affected. Resilant means you bounce back from adversity, that you recover quickly.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yes because locking down and isolating is *just* like summer vacation. Identical in fact.
    The last one was. Were you in front of your local school in May protesting that it stay open for June through August?

Y'know..."for the kids".
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    The last one was. Were you in front of your local school in May protesting that it stay open for June through August?

Y'know..."for the kids".
    This makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I am so glad I never had you in a logic class, lol.

Resiliency assumes kids are suffering, that they are affected. Resilant means you bounce back from adversity, that you recover quickly.
    What?

I’m making the perfectly rational point that there are serious and severe downside risks to lockdowns. Ones that are being blithely dismissed by the educated and powerful in this country. Lockdowns should be absolute last-ditch from now on, not first line of defense. They are incredibly harmful (particularly in America with a totally non-responsive federal government).
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 11-26-2020 at 04:37 PM.

This makes no sense.
    There's a difference between something not making sense versus you not getting it.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

6. Likes:

757690 (11-26-2020)

This makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

What?

I’m making the perfectly rational point that there are serious and severe downside risks to lockdowns. Ones that are being blithely dismissed by the educated and powerful in this country. Lockdowns should be absolute last-ditch from now on, not first line of defense. They are incredibly harmful (particularly in America with a totally non-responsive federal government).
    The point you made was the kids aren’t relisiant.

This isn’t even moving the goalposts, it’s changing the game.

There's a difference between something not making sense versus you not getting it.
    It makes no sense. You gonna float the billions to keep teachers manning those classes?

The point you made was the kids aren’t relisiant.

This isn’t even moving the goalposts, it’s changing the game.
    Dismissing kids’ anxiety and learning loss (among all the other myriad negative effects of lockdowns) as collateral damage says a lot about your position. You guys already dismiss hysteresis and long-term unemployment. I would bet anything you’d have absolutely zero problem with a China-like lockdown as long as you remained employed.

Dismissing kids’ anxiety and learning loss (among all the other myriad negative effects of lockdowns) as collateral damage says a lot about your position. You guys already dismiss hysteresis and long-term unemployment. I would bet anything you’d have absolutely zero problem with a China-like lockdown as long as you remained employed.
    I’m not dismissing it. I made clear we need to get kids back into classes. I pointed out how dumb the recent NYC school closing is. I made clear I think some damage is being done.

I’m just arguing against your false claim that children are not more resilient than adults.

I’m not dismissing it. I made clear we need to get kids back into classes. I pointed out how dumb the recent NYC school closing is. I made clear I think some damage is being done.

I’m just arguing against your false claim that children are not more resilient than adults.
    Does it matter that they are? It seems to me that the infinitesimal risk to children justifies keeping schools open.

Does it matter that they are? It seems to me that the infinitesimal risk to children justifies keeping schools open.
    This has been explained like a millions times.

The risk isn’t just to the children, it’s to the teachers, janitor, lunch staff, everyone who works at the school, and everyone they all go home to.

This has been explained like a millions times.

The risk isn’t just to the children, it’s to the teachers, janitor, lunch staff, everyone who works at the school, and everyone they all go home to.
    So why do you support keeping NYC schools open?

So why do you support keeping NYC schools open?
    They were open before with the proper protocols being followed.

The issue never has been whether or not to open the schools. It’s been how do we open the schools.

It makes no sense. You gonna float the billions to keep teachers manning those classes?
    The solution to get kids in school over summer vacations...y'know...for their own good...is something you need to work on, not me. You're the one claiming major long-term negative impact to those not attending school in-person during the pandemic months.

So grab a picket. Write "Cancel Summer Vacations!! FOR THE KIDS!!" and plant yourself in front of a school board meeting. Make some phone calls. Talk to your local congressman about authoring a bill to raise taxes to pay for summer classes. Bring it up at your next city council meeting. You're allegedly all about social change, so throw your weight into it and prove it.

After all, it's for the kids, right?

--Ted Williams

The solution to get kids in school over summer vacations...y'know...for their own good...is something you need to work on, not me. You're the one claiming major long-term negative impact to those not attending school in-person during the pandemic months.

So grab a picket. Write "Cancel Summer Vacations!! FOR THE KIDS!!" and plant yourself in front of a school board meeting. Make some phone calls. Talk to your local congressman about authoring a bill to raise taxes to pay for summer classes. Bring it up at your next city council meeting. You're allegedly all about social change, so throw your weight into it and prove it.

After all, it's for the kids, right?
    Look you came up with a deeply stupid comparison and thought you had me in a zinger. But you didn’t. You’re making no sense. Stop digging.

No one on earth is saying Keep kids in school all 12 months or they’ll die. We’re saying Don’t destroy all human connection. We’re primates; we develop socially. That’s what we’re saying.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 11-26-2020 at 07:57 PM.

17. Likes:

Rojo (11-27-2020)

Look you came up with a deeply stupid comparison and thought you had me in a zinger. But you didn’t. You’re making no sense. Stop digging.

No one on earth is saying Keep kids in school all 12 months or they’ll die. We’re saying Don’t destroy all human connection. We’re primates; we develop socially. That’s what we’re saying.
    Good lord, when you pay utilities your gaslighting bill must be enormous.

--Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?