Turn Off Ads?
Page 49 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Just got back from Darkest Hour. Oldman was superb. Not much else to say about it at the moment, since I'm still digesting it.
    Agreed. Oldman was terrific.
    Darkest Hour makes a good companion to Dunkirk.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Molly's Game was really good. Some of the poker was off, but that's always the case.
    I enjoyed it as well. I didn't know that it was a true-ish story, and I certainly didn't know that Jeremy Bloom's family was so "colorful".

I watched "Darkest Hour" this weekend and while I agree Oldman is amazing, I didn't like the movie all that much. It's about 30 minutes too long and really drags.

I went to see "The Post" as well. Streep is amazing (as always) and it is good movie, but it's not a classic and I'd be surprised if it does much at the Oscars. Tom Hanks is one of my favorite actors, but I didn't think he did a very good job here.

I also got a screener of "3 Billboards" and really liked it. Unique movie and the acting is great. I don't want to give spoilers, but I didn't really understand the Woody Harrelson plot line, although it doesn't detract from the overall movie.

Really late to the party, but just watched Spotlight. What a great movie.
    Last edited by The Operator; 01-26-2018 at 08:46 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

Chip R (01-25-2018),cincinnati chili (02-17-2018)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I also got a screener of "3 Billboards" and really liked it. Unique movie and the acting is great. I don't want to give spoilers, but I didn't really understand the Woody Harrelson plot line, although it doesn't detract from the overall movie.
    I did not care for "3 Billboards" -- I understand why it's going to win acting awards for Frances McDormand & Sam Rockwell, but I thought the plot was incredibly disjointed and thought the movie had a real problem understanding what tone it was shooting for.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Best movie of the year so far: Black Panther.

I’m really looking forward to Infinity War in May, but it’s going to have a hard time topping Black Panther.

The only complaint I have is I think Ulysses Klaue was basically wasted as a secondary character. “Klaw” was Black Panthers main enemy in the comics and the opportunity to develop that in the film didn’t happen. That said, Michael B Jordan did excellent as Kilmonger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

They call me "chef"

Agreed. Black Panther was great. A part of me was irritated that they hadn't already set a movie like this in a different culture with said culture playing all the main roles. It made the story feel more interesting and unique to see set pieces in Oakland and "Wakanda"/Africa without white characters taking all the focus and relegating more interesting voices to secondary characters.

Black Panther was fantastic.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Another vote for Black Panther. Entertaining as a “popcorn movie” and Beautiful to look at as a piece of artwork. Chadwick Boseman is pretty ripped for a guy who’s north of 40.
    Stick to your guns.

12. Likes:

Raisor (02-17-2018)

Shuri needs her own movie immediately.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

They may not do this in the movies, but in the comics she eventually becomes Queen and the new Black Panther while T'Challa becomes King of the Dead.

Loved "Black Panther". I'm not a huge comic book movie person, but this one was great all the way around.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

3/4 of the way through Black Panther was one of the best movies Ive seen.

Then it dissolved into the loud war and fight scenes that are typical with Marvel movies. It’s like watching a Star Wars battle scene, just enough already.

Overall good film, enjoyed Klaw more than Warmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I did not care for "3 Billboards" -- I understand why it's going to win acting awards for Frances McDormand & Sam Rockwell, but I thought the plot was incredibly disjointed and thought the movie had a real problem understanding what tone it was shooting for.
    I thought Woody did the best acting job in the film. Frances was great being her usual self. Rockwell didn’t jump out at me...kinda annoying IMO. Most of that was his character though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Shuri needs her own movie immediately.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

They may not do this in the movies, but in the comics she eventually becomes Queen and the new Black Panther while T'Challa becomes King of the Dead.
    There has been speculation of her being the MCUs version of Riri Williams, aka Ironheart.

She is going to have a role in Infinity War.

Turn Off Ads?