Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys. Cardinal fan with a few questions.

Hey guys. Cardinal fan with a few questions.

I’m an STL die hard but respect the Reds and their history. Im also a 90’s kid so Griffey Jr is in my blood. Maybe that’ll count for something

Also a Huge UK fan so I’m sure there’s a few of you Cats roaming around as well.

I was given diamond club seats for the cardinals series and will be making my first trip to Cincinnati. I’m originally from the Memphis area.

I will be traveling with my 5 year old and wife and was wondering about entertainment and restaurants. Any advice you guys might have for me would be greatly appreciated.

2. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (08-12-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hey guys. Cardinal fan with a few questions.

I have little to offer but enjoy the wonderful seats and hope you and your family enjoy yourselves...outside of game outcomes of course.

5. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (08-15-2019),Rockermann (08-13-2019),STLWizard (08-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by STLWizard View Post
    I’m an STL die hard but respect the Reds and their history. Im also a 90’s kid so Griffey Jr is in my blood. Maybe that’ll count for something

Also a Huge UK fan so I’m sure there’s a few of you Cats roaming around as well.

I was given diamond club seats for the cardinals series and will be making my first trip to Cincinnati. I’m originally from the Memphis area.

I will be traveling with my 5 year old and wife and was wondering about entertainment and restaurants. Any advice you guys might have for me would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...irst-Reds-game

7. Likes:

North (08-12-2019),STLWizard (08-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I have little to offer but enjoy the wonderful seats and hope you and your family enjoy yourselves...outside of game outcomes of course.
    Ha I understand. I hear cinci is a great city and I look forward to it and posting with you guys from time to time. I have quite a few reds friends being as I’m a big UK fan and always pull for them when the Cards aren’t playing.

Jeff Ruby's Precinct and The Montgomery Inn are both excellent places to eat.

Have fun, hopefully you thoroughly enjoy yourselves while watching the Cardinals lose each night.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

10. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (08-12-2019),STLWizard (08-13-2019)

He still bangs

Depending on how long you’re in town, the museum center at Union Terminal might be cool. They have a huge place for kids to play. Your kid would probably enjoy it.

12. Likes:

STLWizard (08-13-2019),The Operator (08-12-2019)

Will definitely try both. Thanks so much.

Will definitely try both. Thanks so much.
    The Precinct is a steak house, and is pretty pricy. I just checked their menu, and the cheapest steak is fifty two bucks!

15. Likes:

Chip R (08-13-2019),STLWizard (08-13-2019),WVRedsFan (08-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    Depending on how long you’re in town, the museum center at Union Terminal might be cool. They have a huge place for kids to play. Your kid would probably enjoy it.
    Was about to put this but wasn’t sure how long in town.

17. Likes:

STLWizard (08-13-2019)

Wow that’s expensive but we don’t travel much so still will probably try. We will be in town for 3 days thanks for asking.

Wow that’s expensive but we don’t travel much so still will probably try. We will be in town for 3 days thanks for asking.
    If you have a five-year-old, and you're in town for three days, you might want to think about Kings Island, an amusement park about 25 miles northeast of the city on I-71.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

20. Likes:

Chip R (08-13-2019),Mitri (08-13-2019),STLWizard (08-13-2019),TRF (08-13-2019)

There is a pretty nice aquarium just across the river at Newport on the Levee.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

22. Likes:

Mitri (08-13-2019),STLWizard (08-13-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I hate the cardinals.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

24. Likes:

goreds2 (08-13-2019),mgbrown66 (08-13-2019),wally post (08-14-2019)

Directions: Drive north just past Dayton to US route 40, turn left (or right depending on which ocean view you want to see.) and keep going till the last stop sign on the left.. or right..

Always my directions for people asking me as a cab driver when parked at the bus station in Dayton back when it was downtown..
    Last edited by mamell; 08-13-2019 at 09:58 AM.

26. Likes:

STLWizard (08-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    There is a pretty nice aquarium just across the river at Newport on the Levee.
    Good suggestion with a 5 year old. I would also recommend eating (and maybe playing games) at Newport before the games and walking across the river to GABP. When my kids were that age, this was a treat (and I still enjoy it, too).

28. Likes:

STLWizard (08-13-2019)

Turn Off Ads?