Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bob Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Bob Kraft arrested for soliciting prostitution

I always come back to my cynical view that people at the wealth level of Kraft, Havens, and Childs don't get in trouble for what they've done. Guaranteed they've all done way worse ethically, morally, and probably legally. No, people at that level get in trouble because of who they've ticked off.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Heinz/Kraft shares dropped 28% this morning, though it has nothing to do with this.
    Bob Kraft is involved in a lot of businesses but Kraft foods is not one of them. Kraft Foods is a Chicago family

They released a timeline and Kraft was in and out of the spa in 11 minutes.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    They released a timeline and Kraft was in and out of the spa in 11 minutes.
    Which time?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Which time?
    I think that was on the 20th which was day of AFC Championship. I just saw it was 10 minutes. Takes me 10 minutes just to get my clothes on and off....

He went day before also.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I think that was on the 20th which was day of AFC Championship. I just saw it was 10 minutes. Takes me 10 minutes just to get my clothes on and off....

He went day before also.
    No one said that he received services. As I understand it the charges are that he offered to pay for them

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    No one said that he received services. As I understand it the charges are that he offered to pay for them
    The probable cause affidavit said he (Male 13) did ummm, receive services.

It’s specualted he is also Male 8, having gone twice.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    The probable cause affidavit said he (Male 13) did ummm, receive services.

It’s specualted he is also Male 8, having gone twice.
    You're absolutely right. Given that, it appears that the charges are light. Also there's the possibility that he can just run away from the whole thing if he just stays away from Florida:

Mike Edmondson, a spokesman for the state attorney’s office, said that while local police have filed charges, his office has yet to officially issue them to those involved. Edmondson said his office has the file submitted by Jupiter police and prosecutors are reviewing it. Edmondson said that Kraft, who lives in Massachusetts, would not be extradited to face these charges.

“It’s a non-extraditable offense,” Edmondson said. “Someone could stay out of the jurisdiction and not be subject to arrest. This is a second-degree misdemeanor, and the [arrest] warrant would be enforceable only in the state of Florida.”
    He might just have to skip those away games vs the Dolphins...

You're absolutely right. Given that, it appears that the charges are light. Also there's the possibility that he can just run away from the whole thing if he just stays away from Florida:

He might just have to skip those away games vs the Dolphins...
    Given that the cat is out of the bag I imagine he will just pay the fine to make it go away, legal system-wise. I don’t know at what cost he would pull up all his roots in Florida.

Reading about it on Deadspin the reports of him hugging the ladies lead the authors/commenters there to speculate that he is(was) a regular there.

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Bob Kraft is involved in a lot of businesses but Kraft foods is not one of them. Kraft Foods is a Chicago family
    Yeah...Boston Red and I knew that (it's also not Kraft since 2015....Buffett said Saturday he overpaid and isn't selling...at the moment, as it's tough to find opportunities that fit the size of the Berkshird Fund).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Given that the cat is out of the bag I imagine he will just pay the fine to make it go away, legal system-wise. I don’t know at what cost he would pull up all his roots in Florida.

Reading about it on Deadspin the reports of him hugging the ladies lead the authors/commenters there to speculate that he is(was) a regular there.
    Paying the fine isn't going to make his comments that he's 100% innocent go away. If that's his strategy then why come out with the denial? Now he's not only guilty, he's a flat out liar. That puts him in OJ and Pete (Rose) territory. It also opens himself up to a huge sanction from Goodell. Rich people don't care about piddly fines. They care about their reputation. He must have a strategy to fight this. I just don't know what that is yet.

Paying the fine isn't going to make his comments that he's 100% innocent go away. If that's his strategy then why come out with the denial? Now he's not only guilty, he's a flat out liar. That puts him in OJ and Pete (Rose) territory. It also opens himself up to a huge sanction from Goodell. Rich people don't care about piddly fines. They care about their reputation. He must have a strategy to fight this. I just don't know what that is yet.
    The police have said that they have video of two separate incidents involving Kraft and a prostitute. In essence, they have him on tape, and anything Kraft says is pretty much trying to cover his rear and save his legacy.

What I just don't get, apparently Kraft paid between $75 and $100 for the services provided on two occasions. I just don't get it, unless there was much more to Kraft's involvement. One such event happened the day of the AFC Championship game. I heard someone say, a guy like Kraft doesn't go there unless it is something he can't get elsewhere.

Kraft will deny, deny, deny, settle out of court, and continue to deny. He doesn't want those video's to be shown at trial.

According to what I am seeing/reading Kraft was there when the Pats were playing in the AFC championship game.

I admit to being a little naive here, but I thought the massage aspect of these places still happened, even if more is being offered. 11 minutes??
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?