Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 2: The Zac Taylor Era Begins!

It’s funny because it’s true.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Which is why I said “in the future”. I think the Bengals just locked up a 10 year starter on the offensive line whether it’s at guard or tackle.
    Well I don’t agree with the short arms theory anyways. I am fine with it after the Steelers took the guy I wanted.

Steelers paid a heavy price to move up 10...2nd rounder and a 3rd next yr. Taylor and Tobin seemed content to take BPA.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

The only thing that concerns me about Williams is weight 302 is light and I always wonder if lineman can keep weight on throughout the year. If I remember Fisher had a lot of issues with that...though Williams is a much better prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Steelers paid a heavy price to move up 10...2nd rounder and a 3rd next yr. Taylor and Tobin seemed content to take BPA.
    I thought they’d be giving up a first next year. Damn.

They’ll recoup the third rounder next year as a comp pick for losing LeVeon Bell.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The only thing that concerns me about Williams is weight 302 is light and I always wonder if lineman can keep weight on throughout the year. If I remember Fisher had a lot of issues with that...though Williams is a much better prospect.
    He started every game at Alabama since he was a true freshman, the guy just turned 21 years old, and he played both tackle spots LT the past 2 seasons. He knows what he's doing. He's also the first uninjured first round pick since WJIII
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    He started every game at Alabama since he was a true freshman, the guy just turned 21 years old, and he played both tackle spots LT the past 2 seasons. He knows what he's doing. He's also the first uninjured first round pick since WJIII
    No doubt and a gym and weight room rat since the 6th or 7th grade...I love the pick 100%. High character guy too!

Some day I hope someone loves me as much as bengals fans love drafting O-linemen in the first round.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-26-2019),Revering4Blue (04-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Some day I hope someone loves me as much as bengals fans love drafting O-linemen in the first round.
    You have to have a great offensive line to win!

Nevermind that the Patriots' starting O-line was comprised of a third-rounder, a fourth-rounder, a fifth-rounder, a seventh-rounder, and an undrafted free agent...

12. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-26-2019),Kingspoint (04-25-2019),RedTeamGo! (04-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    You have to have a great offensive line to win!

Nevermind that the Patriots' starting O-line was comprised of a third-rounder, a fourth-rounder, a fifth-rounder, a seventh-rounder, and an undrafted free agent...
    Joe Thomas, one of the best offensive lineman to ever play the game of football, never made the playoffs.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Joe Thomas, one of the best offensive lineman to ever play the game of football, never made the playoffs.
    Here's the problem with the "you don't need a great QB to win" argument - it's only true if you can build a great team around him. The Bengals don't invest in the front office resources to build a complete roster. They came close in 2015, but that by far is the exception when looking at the post-Paul Brown Bengals. As a fan, I know the odds are long that the Bengals will ever win a Super Bowl. But if it is to happen, my belief is that it will take lucking into a great QB one day, because we have plenty of data to show it won't happen because they build a great roster.

Maybe Andy Dalton can win a Super Bowl with the right team. But I guarantee that team won't be the Cincinnati Bengals.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Feels like the Bengals will select a WR with their 2nd round pick. I wonder if they'd gamble and take Metcalf.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Feels like the Bengals will select a WR with their 2nd round pick. I wonder if they'd gamble and take Metcalf.
    I wonder if they would consider Lock if he made it past Denver.

Defense has to be a priority though. Hopefully Mack Wilson is there in the second.

I really hope not, they are fine with Green, Boyd, Ross, Eifert. They have gaping holes elsewhere.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

They'll take a corner.

19. Likes:

Hoosier Red (04-26-2019)

Turn Off Ads?