Turn Off Ads?
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859 LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Impact has been low-key putting out a really good product for a while now.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Bayley heel turn. I dig it. Saw it coming and still liked it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Bayley heel turn. I dig it. Saw it coming and still liked it.
    Which means Charlotte HAS TO DO SOMETHING ELSE rather than act like an entitled cardboard cut out and get 1023 matches for the championship in a row! WIN!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Bayley cheats to win. And still a heartfelt impassioned plea that she's inspiring girls.

Oh, this is a very good arc for her.

So, anyone else been watching AEW?

I thought last night's show was fantastic. They're 2/2 so far in knocking it out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    So, anyone else been watching AEW?

I thought last night's show was fantastic. They're 2/2 so far in knocking it out of the park.
    Saw the first one. Plan on watching the second.

I'd like them to be weirder.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Shawn Spears is a stud, and WWE completely wiffed on him. I do think WWE has the better women's division. There should be a bidding war for Tessa Blanchard. I'd pay top dollar to see her against Charlotte.

I'm kinda hating Jericho's group though. It's a little too disjointed for me. Like there is no real reason to be a group. I like the little Mox face turn. AEW needs a solid heel stable, they do know that. So Jericho's group works for a while. But It's just an odd group.

There is a great breakdown of the first match of week two by Jim Cornette. Really worth a listen

RIP Firefly Fun House? Snapped Rollins goes crazy? Will any of these really matter? I hated at first what they turned Bray into, then they started layering it, I fell in love with the FFH. Bray is supremely talented in taking crap and making it work.

Rusev too (even though I'm not a big fan of his wrestling) if he doesn't outright destroy Lashley and both men basically eliminate each other by fighting to the back during Crown Jewel it will be a HUGE missed opportunity. That's about the only reasons I still watch at all and Vince has to try and kill even that.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Reading results from whatever this Saudi event was called... I think WWE and AEW finally drove me to where I need to take another sabbatical from tv wrestling. The only things I found myself enjoying was Wyatt, and I'm feeling like when Orton beat Christian after Christian had a 2 day title reign.

From 98 lb Japanese School Girls having competitive matches with 250 lb challengers. Part Time Champs. Indy rific spot fest with no actual story telling. Scripted Promos. Dirt Sheet bull crap. I just can't stand it. I know I've taken sabbaticals before and something always hooks me back but I don't know what could possible rekindle my love of professional wrestling given this environment.

William Arthur Ward

One last quote from James E. Cornette that shows true almost every time.

Those who know what they're doing don't have the money, those with the money don't know what they're doing.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Reading results from whatever this Saudi event was called... I think WWE and AEW finally drove me to where I need to take another sabbatical from tv wrestling. The only things I found myself enjoying was Wyatt, and I'm feeling like when Orton beat Christian after Christian had a 2 day title reign.

From 98 lb Japanese School Girls having competitive matches with 250 lb challengers. Part Time Champs. Indy rific spot fest with no actual story telling. Scripted Promos. Dirt Sheet bull crap. I just can't stand it. I know I've taken sabbaticals before and something always hooks me back but I don't know what could possible rekindle my love of professional wrestling given this environment.
    If you aren't enjoying what AEW is doing right now, I don't know that there's anything left for you in the wrestling business -- maybe outside of getting a NJPW World subscription and watching their english language broadcasts.

AEW is absolutely incredible right now. They haven't produced a bad segment in weeks, just gave away a PAC/Omega iron man match on free TV for their go-home show, and their PPV this weekend looks insane.

13. Likes:

M2 (02-28-2020),Tom Servo (02-28-2020)

AEW is absolutely incredible right now. They haven't produced a bad segment in weeks, just gave away a PAC/Omega iron man match on free TV for their go-home show, and their PPV this weekend looks insane.
    Agreed. I'm going to Revolution tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

2019 WWE felt a lot like late era WCW, and putting 53 year old Goldberg over The Fiend seems to indicate 2020 might feel much of the same way.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Agreed. I'm going to Revolution tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

2019 WWE felt a lot like late era WCW, and putting 53 year old Goldberg over The Fiend seems to indicate 2020 might feel much of the same way.
    Jealous!

There are rumors that AEW is gonna be coming to Cincinnati for Dynamite this summer -- there's been issues because WWE has contracts with US Bank & Bank of Kentucky, so not sure where the show is going to be. I need to get to one of their shows ASAP.

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (02-28-2020)

If you aren't enjoying what AEW is doing right now, I don't know that there's anything left for you in the wrestling business -- maybe outside of getting a NJPW World subscription and watching their english language broadcasts.

I'll eventually be back, there's always something that comes along and rejuvenates it for me (CM Punk, "Yes!" Movement, Nexus, Bray, Kofi-Mania). It maybe my age but I just don't get into gymnastics for the sake of gymnastics and having a bunch of guys that I think I could out lift months out of surgery being considered "top stars", and STUPID crap like staple guns, baby oil, and some of the other stuff. AEW finally got the womens belt off the 98 lb school girl but basically had her kick out of everything and actually be competitive. I don't even care if the champ was born a guy there's a whole story there to tell.

And No Broken Matt being the "exalted one" won't make me care about the Dork Order.

Guys like CM Punk, The Rock, Taker, Austin, Flair, Hollywood Hogan got me hooked because the stories they told not how many acrobatic moves they could do.

AEW does need to becareful with how they close Rhodes/MJF fued. MJF needs to be the guy to take the mantle of top heel (and top star) from Jericho when Cody "finally" beats Jericho for the belt in a year or so. Everything MJF does I like but he's not always on the show.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I'll eventually be back, there's always something that comes along and rejuvenates it for me (CM Punk, "Yes!" Movement, Nexus, Bray, Kofi-Mania). It maybe my age but I just don't get into gymnastics for the sake of gymnastics and having a bunch of guys that I think I could out lift months out of surgery being considered "top stars", and STUPID crap like staple guns, baby oil, and some of the other stuff. AEW finally got the womens belt off the 98 lb school girl but basically had her kick out of everything and actually be competitive. I don't even care if the champ was born a guy there's a whole story there to tell.
    To be fair, most of this stuff is not on Dynamite. Dumping the Nightmare Collective push felt like the end of the real silliness.

To be honest, I've become a bit of a purist myself in the last few years. I don't love matches that are long just for the sake of it (if Austin and Rock only needed 25 why do you need 30+?), the way finishers get spammed, and how small wrestlers are compared to yesteryear. But I can go back on the Network and watch that stuff that I really liked, while AEW gives me a modern take on wrestling that treats me with respect as a fan.

And it does seem like they're starting to add some big boys. Jeff Cobb served as monster of the week. Lance Archer is coming in, Luke Harper might follow soon behind, and Brian Cage when he's healthy could be Jacksonville bound. I wasn't sold on Darby Allin at first but I've become a big fan despite his size. Marko Stunt though, I wish they didn't have him wrestling.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?