Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

The Bengals 0-2-1 against the NFC East with DAL to go. This will be forgotten in a season where the JETS and the NFC East are the only ones talked about regarding poor play. The Bengals were in most of their games and the future looked very bright with Burrow is why they weren't in that discussion. But, now? They got really ugly really fast.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Unless one of them slips which is possible most of the receiver talent projects to be first round.

Jamarr Chase
    DeVonta Smith
    Rashod Bateman
    Jaylen Waddle
    Terrace Marshall Jr
    Rondale Moore
    Kyle Pitts (TE)

Chris Olave, Kedarius Toney, or Kylin Wallace might be options later in the draft.
    Talent will be poorly judged by all for the next draft, NFL scouts and teams, too. It's a great year to have a ton of 4th, 5th and 6th Round picks.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Talent will be poorly judged by all for the next draft, NFL scouts and teams, too. It's a great year to have a ton of 4th, 5th and 6th Round picks.
    Not such a great year to have a 3 person scouting department.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-01-2020),redsfandan (12-02-2020),RiverRat13 (12-01-2020),Todd Gack (12-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Think so? I thought the Bengals did relatively well in the draft last year because all of the pro days and individual workouts were cancelled and you had to go by what was on tape.

Unless one of them slips which is possible most of the receiver talent projects to be first round.

Jamarr Chase
    DeVonta Smith
    Rashod Bateman
    Jaylen Waddle
    Terrace Marshall Jr
    Rondale Moore
    Kyle Pitts (TE)

Chris Olave, Kedarius Toney, or Kylin Wallace might be options later in the draft.
    I would be happy with Olave or Toney - not sure who Kylin Wallace is. In deep classes, there are stars to be found later, as 2020 showed with Higgins and Claypool. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those guys you listed as 1st rounders also drops to round 2. It would be great to get an elite WR, but I don't think we need that. Higgins looks like a #1, and Boyd is one of the top slot guys in the league. The Bengals need a very strong #2, and I think they can get that at pick 35.

It seems clear that the first pick will be OL, and likely Sewell as long as they don't win any games the rest of the way. Between free agency and the 2nd round pick, they need to get both a guard and a WR. There will be strong options for both positions in free agency and the draft, so hopefully Tobin gets it done.

2020 Bengals Thread Part 3: Let's just rename it Joe Burrow Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I would be happy with Olave or Toney - not sure who Kylin Wallace is. In deep classes, there are stars to be found later, as 2020 showed with Higgins and Claypool. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those guys you listed as 1st rounders also drops to round 2. It would be great to get an elite WR, but I don't think we need that. Higgins looks like a #1, and Boyd is one of the top slot guys in the league. The Bengals need a very strong #2, and I think they can get that at pick 35.

It seems clear that the first pick will be OL, and likely Sewell as long as they don't win any games the rest of the way. Between free agency and the 2nd round pick, they need to get both a guard and a WR. There will be strong options for both positions in free agency and the draft, so hopefully Tobin gets it done.
    Wallace is at Oklahoma State.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/t...wide-receiver/

Toney would be a solid kick returner as well. Not sure if that’s a necessity with Wilson.

I think what gets lost is last years WR class was the deepest in the last 20 years. This years has some depth but it’s not to the level of last years.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I think what gets lost is last years WR class was the deepest in the last 20 years. This years has some depth but it’s not to the level of last years.
    Maybe it's not as deep, but it's close. And between free agency and the draft I think there will be more overall WR talent available.

What's the lowest pick the Bengals can have and still feel comfortable getting Sewell? Would the Chargers or Cowboys draft Sewell if he's there? I can see both of them doing that.

Jamarr Chase
    DeVonta Smith
    Rashod Bateman
    Jaylen Waddle
    Terrace Marshall Jr
    Rondale Moore
    Kyle Pitts (TE)

I don’t think Olave will go pro this year.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t think Olave will go pro this year.
    He gone. My biggest question with Olave as a pro is if he is physically big enough to play. Guy is my favorite WR to come through OSU in a long time, and is a great college WR, but the dude is slight.

3, but I won’t be shocked if whoever ends up at #4 trades up to jump Cincy for Sewell while #2 assumes a QB will be there at 4. That’s probably a bit of paranoia talking, but I have considered it

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    What's the lowest pick the Bengals can have and still feel comfortable getting Sewell? Would the Chargers or Cowboys draft Sewell if he's there? I can see both of them doing that.

14. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-01-2020),redsfandan (12-02-2020)

If they do get Sewell, the Bengals coaching job gets a whole lot more exciting. You could have a scenario where you have your bookend T's and a franchise QB cheep, and the ability to lock them up for a long time.

I can dream, but if you go Sewell and Wyatt Davis in the 2nd, you have 4/5 of the OLine figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    3, but I won’t be shocked if whoever ends up at #4 trades up to jump Cincy for Sewell while #2 assumes a QB will be there at 4. That’s probably a bit of paranoia talking, but I have considered it
    Or they trade up for Fields or Lance knowing the Bengals aren’t taking a QB and they get the other.

I’m not convinced there is going to be a run on QBs as is being predicted.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If they do get Sewell, the Bengals coaching job gets a whole lot more exciting. You could have a scenario where you have your bookend T's and a franchise QB cheep, and the ability to lock them up for a long time.

I can dream, but if you go Sewell and Wyatt Davis in the 2nd, you have 4/5 of the OLine figured out.
    Wyatt Davis isn’t going second round. It’s a nice dream though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Not such a great year to have a 3 person scouting department.
    They have a greater chance at being lucky with other teams swinging and missing, too.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 12-01-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Turn Off Ads?