Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-tender situation and moves for 2020-21

Re: Non-tender situation and moves for 2020-21

Rockies aren’t bringing back David Dahl. I would take a hard look at him.

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-03-2020),Edd Roush (12-02-2020),M2 (12-02-2020),Old school 1983 (12-02-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I actually like the non-tenders! most of them were redundant and we already have replacements at some of the spots. The only one that I kinda hate is Bradley, but there is so many free agents this year that he can be replaced. This saves them @ 11 million, and too me thats what a starting SS is going to command! I'd expect to see something like this in the near future:

1) Farmer- resigned (bench, Utility)

2) Gregorious- SS

3) DeShields/Naquin- (Backup CF)

4) Rodon- SP (buy low candidate)

5) Loup-LHRP

6) a slew of minor league contracts to fill out the 40.

-so really these non-tenders IMO will allow us to upgrade at SS

5. Likes:

HammerTime (12-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I hate MLB and I hate the Reds.
    I honestly feel like MLB is starting to circle the drain and its mostly self imposed. You've got a Russell Westbrook-John Wall blockbuster trade in the NBA on the same day that every team in baseball dumps useful players, I wonder which is more appealing to the masses.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

BillDoran (12-02-2020),M2 (12-02-2020),Wonderful Monds (12-02-2020)

Bob Nightengale
    @BNightengale
    Archie Bradley immediately becomes one of the top relievers on the free-agent market.

I don't get the Farmer non-tender - they let him go and bring him back 5 minutes later - I don't think it stops his clock from becoming arb eligible in the future - why not just give him a contract for next year rather than non-tender him.

And Archie Bradley - I thought he'd be a good set up or closer if Iggy got traded (and that move would save more $$ than letting Bradley go). Maybe they figured they could sign him at a lesser amount than the arb amount.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I honestly feel like MLB is starting to circle the drain and its mostly self imposed. You've got a Russell Westbrook-John Wall blockbuster trade in the NBA on the same day that every team in baseball dumps useful players, I wonder which is more appealing to the masses.
    They deserve it honestly. They’re losing me as a fan for real. I think I watched like 10 games max of this season, and nothing at all after the first 2-3 weeks. This is genuinely pathetic behavior by these bloodsucking ghouls that own the league just to milk it dry.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (12-06-2020),Tom Servo (12-02-2020)

Can't believe Bradley wasn't tradeable.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

13. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I don't get the Farmer non-tender - they let him go and bring him back 5 minutes later - I don't think it stops his clock from becoming arb eligible in the future - why not just give him a contract for next year rather than non-tender him.

And Archie Bradley - I thought he'd be a good set up or closer if Iggy got traded (and that move would save more $$ than letting Bradley go). Maybe they figured they could sign him at a lesser amount than the arb amount.
    Farmer non-tender probably because in arbitration you can’t cut salary much. There’s a limit.

So probably they signed him below that line as a FA.
    Last edited by Kc61; 12-02-2020 at 08:58 PM.

15. Likes:

dfs (12-02-2020),Gallen5862 (12-02-2020),JaxRed (12-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I agree the NBA is schooling MLB, but Westbrook and Wall kinda suck.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

17. Likes:

Griffey012 (12-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Can't believe Bradley wasn't tradeable.
    Can’t believe he wasn’t kept.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    They deserve it honestly. They’re losing me as a fan for real. I think I watched like 10 games max of this season, and nothing at all after the first 2-3 weeks. This is genuinely pathetic behavior by these bloodsucking ghouls that own the league just to milk it dry.
    Season 4 of Brockmire feels increasingly less outlandish. Just wildly out-of-touch old white dudes sitting on a golden geese, crying poor. It's not just the owners of billion dollar properties pinching pennies on the bottom of the roster, they're also pulling up the stakes of professional baseball in minor league towns all over America.

Definitely overreacting to news about marginal players, but baseball feels more and more lost; the product, the owners' behavior, the commissioner. It feels like distasteful off-the-field events keep piling up while exciting play on the field declines. Every year, it gets harder and harder to summon the excitement of what baseball felt like as a 10-year-old.

20. Likes:

Fil3232 (12-03-2020),REDREAD (12-06-2020),RedTeamGo! (12-02-2020),Ron Madden (12-02-2020),Wonderful Monds (12-02-2020)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    #Reds GM Nick Krall: “At the end of the day, we felt that non-tendering guys and clearing up some space with where we were was just the right move for us." https://cincinnati.com/story/sports/...es/3792316001/

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Season 4 of Brockmire feels increasingly less outlandish. Just wildly out-of-touch old white dudes sitting on a golden geese, crying poor. It's not just the owners of billion dollar properties pinching pennies on the bottom of the roster, they're also pulling up the stakes of professional baseball in minor league towns all over America.

Definitely overreacting to news about marginal players, but baseball feels more and more lost; the product, the owners' behavior, the commissioner. It feels like distasteful off-the-field events keep piling up while exciting play on the field declines. Every year, it gets harder and harder to summon the excitement of what baseball felt like as a 10-year-old.
    I was a young teen during the strike seasons. That was far worse than this. No baseball because of greed and power plays that both sides lost.

Baseball owners were acting this way since the game began over 100 years ago. We just know more about it now due to technology and social media.

I am much more upset about the new rules and everything Manfred than I am about owners being cheap for the umpteenth time.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Why do you think Casali is smart bit Barnhart is dumb?
    Because Barnhart has been playing for sad sack losing teams all his career and losing breeds losing. The Reds are filled with guys from their own poor tanking past and guys from Detroit's poor tanking past. I want some players who come from winning environments. Tampa Bay qualifies.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

The Reds have traded Trammell, Puig, VanMeter, Naughton, Fairchild, Salvador, Bailey, Downs, Gray, Rainey, Roark, and R. Stephenson in less than 24 months.

They now have only Kyle Farmer, Jeff Hoffman, Case Williams resulting from those trades left in the organization.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?