Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do w Joey Votto

Re: What to do w Joey Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Mred View Post
    I want votto off the team, cause they will be better without him, and for him to get his money and that's that.
    So who replaces Votto?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's the absolute worst thing about rooting for the Reds and it's practically de rigueur
    Except Joey votto isnt the best player on the team.

He hasnt been for 3 years. Lol

This is hilarious - so amazing to hear the 2 camps.

I want votto off the team, cause they will be better without him, and for him to get his money and that's that.

No hate. But, they are worse with him on the field, and its going to continue getting worse.

How about this? I want the reds to be competitive, something they havent been in 6 years, and rarely over 25 years.

Playing a terrible player because of the money owed will only hurt the team. no one cares about vottos feelings lol

Maybe I'm misreading this, but are you saying Votto is a terrible player now? If so, what stats define "terrible" to you?

Except Joey votto isnt the best player on the team.

He hasnt been for 3 years. Lol
    I didn't say best player, I said best players, and people were crapping on him even in 2016-17 when he killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    So who replaces Votto?
    Lol, what?

A free Agent. A Trade. A prospect. So, keep a terrible player around becase they have to replace him???

Hhahahahha - What???!?!? Teams replace players every offseason. It's not hard to replace bad players.

the poor reds must be the first team in all of sports to have to replace a player they no longer keep on a roster. But, as for who specifically? I dont know man, I think its been done before tho

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Maybe I'm misreading this, but are you saying Votto is a terrible player now? If so, what stats define "terrible" to you?
    Cant hit for Avg. Cant Field. Cant hit for Power. You must not watch the games

Lol, what?

A free Agent. A Trade. A prospect. So, keep a terrible player around becase they have to replace him???

Hhahahahha - What???!?!? Teams replace players every offseason. It's not hard to replace bad players.

the poor reds must be the first team in all of sports to have to replace a player they no longer keep on a roster. But, as for who specifically? I dont know man, I think its been done before tho
    That's exactly why the Reds have been so great the last 25 years, you sir are baseballing today.

That's exactly why the Reds have been so great the last 25 years, you sir are baseballing today.
    So youd keep a -WAR player around, for fear it would be too hard to replace him. LOL

This board is hialrious!

So youd keep a -WAR player around, for fear it would be too hard to replace him. LOL

This board is hialrious!
    Punctuation is your friend

11. Likes:

GAC (08-22-2020)

Cut Him now !!!

The Reds will still be ponying-up for most of his salary but at least he won't be hurting "our" team.

Lol, what?

Why the snark? YOu said get rid of him, and I asked what was your plan to replace him. There are no firstbase prospects to replace him. A trade? Ok, but what are you willing to give up to upgrade over Votto? Hint: it would need to be a lot. Free Agent? What free agent will be available?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Punctuation is your friend
    Nice reply, I guess you're gonna shift to insults now

Cant hit for Avg. Cant Field. Cant hit for Power. You must not watch the games
    You caught me. I've never seen a Reds game.

16. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-20-2020),westofyou (08-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    And have him clog the bases?!?
    Does that even matter that much in todays game?

18. Likes:

onehand (08-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    You caught me. I've never seen a Reds game.
    Then what does he do to help the reds win?

Turn Off Ads?