Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds considering trading Nick Senzel

Re: Reds considering trading Nick Senzel

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    Not much of a Swanson guy....as for Senzel I don’t see it as the team continually signing guys to replace him but rather them going out and getting the best available player at the time.....also his name keeps coming up imo because he’s the most attractive “piece” we have to deal for somebody impactful....if it were me I’d deal Aquino/Winker and keep Senzel but you’re not gonna get the same return
    yeah, not a fan of swanson myself. typical guy who if he wasn't considered such a top prospect at one time, no one would give him a second thought. his numbers have been substandard.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My guess is that Aquino would be the backup CFer

4. Likes:

Frank Robinson (01-27-2020)

Haunted by walks

So the goal now is to trade Senzel for the Senzel of shortstops, right?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I like Correa the least of that grouping. My preference order is probably:

Lindor
    Story
    Seager
    Semien
    Correa
    Same. If it’s Senzel for Seager I’d want Josiah Gray coming back. My guess is LA wants to move on from Seager sooner than later.

Obviously Story and Lindor we’d have to add pieces. And Semien/Senzel seems lopsided. Not sure he’s even on the market, though.

7. Likes:

M2 (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Same. If it’s Senzel for Seager I’d want Josiah Gray coming back. My guess is LA wants to move on from Seager sooner than later.

Obviously Story and Lindor we’d have to add pieces. And Semien/Senzel seems lopsided. Not sure he’s even on the market, though.
    My guess is any Seager deal would be tied to L.A. making a deal for Arenado, so it would almost be a three-way where the Reds get Seager, the Dodgers get Arenado and the Rockies get a pile of kids.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

Old school 1983 (01-27-2020)

In the non-Lindor division, I'm still gambling on Seager's upside and health as he enters his prime. That'd be my preference. Semien's 2019 was a monster year but it gives me outlier tingles. OTOH, his next 2 to 4 years could be SUPERSTAR level. His timeline (assuming a 3 to 4 year extension) matches up really well with the current roster. Story doesn't do much for me, and Correa's injury history scares me too much.

Net net, I'd preference rank them as:

Lindor
    Seager
    Semien
    Story
    Correa

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    What do the advanced defensive analytics say about his defense? On the surface his defense took a nosedive last year.
    One percent above average for a SS, exactly the same as the season before.

He had a bit of trouble moving to the 3B hole. (That would likely be lessened with Suarez beside him. That's a particular strength of his.)

12. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    My guess is any Seager deal would be tied to L.A. making a deal for Arenado, so it would almost be a three-way where the Reds get Seager, the Dodgers get Arenado and the Rockies get a pile of kids.
    Who says no?

Nick Senzel, Josiah Gray, and Tyler Mahle to Colorado.

Nolan Arenado to the Dodgers.

Corey Seager, AJ Pollock, and a lower level prospect to the Reds.

LA gets salary help and Arenado.

Reds get their starting SS and Pollock as a fourth OF.

Colorado gets a starter at 3B and a SP, plus a top 100 prospect and saves tons of cash.

I wouldn't want to give up Mahle or get Pollock. Dodgers should kick someone else in not us.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

15. Likes:

HammerTime (01-28-2020),Mitri (01-27-2020),REDREAD (01-28-2020),redsman2007 (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Who says no?

Colorado gets a starter at 3B and a SP, plus a top 100 prospect and saves tons of cash.
    Reds or Rockies. Reds don't need another outfielder. That's why they are trying to trade Senzel. That package to Colorado seems underwhelming for Arenado.
    ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Who says no?

Taking on injury/salary dreck to get a real player is SO 2019 Reds. We are in 2020 holmes.

Didn't Story just sign a two year deal? Why do we think he's still available? I like the Adames idea.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Didn't Story just sign a two year deal? Why do we think he's still available? I like the Adames idea.
    He only agreed to his arbitration years, no FA years. So, he basically just put firm numbers on those remaining two seasons. I don't think it does anything to his availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    He's a bit of a diva (and so is his father). The Senzels seem a bit entitled.
    Dude has moved around and played everywhere the organization has asked him to without complaint and you're going to call him a diva?

Tough crowd.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

21. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-28-2020),DocRed (01-27-2020),HammerTime (01-28-2020),Ron Madden (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    Lorenzen of course
    Ervin?

This is why I don’t get the Siri DFA. He’s a CF, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?