Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748 LastLast

Thread: 9/10: Reds vs. Pirates--IT'S SLUMP BUSTER TIME

"So Fla Red"

Re: 9/10: Reds vs. Pirates--IT'S SLUMP BUSTER TIME

After a week from Hades and as ill-timed a four game set in Denver, the Reds are only down one single game in the standings since this time last week. A miracle.

And now we are down to only 21 games left. Find a way to get two more wins against the worst road team in recent MLB history and I think we are at minimum seven up on Sunday evening.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    You lose Harang anyway at the end of the year. He is a hood ornament at this point. Cut the dead weight and use Leake as your long man.
    That's cold. Team won't do that.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    $12M in coin for 2010 softens the blow a bit... DFA DRH or Del Rosario if they are afraid of hurt feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Agree, I would think you would see a trip to the 60 Day DL, with something back related.

Aaron has been a good soldier, can't just dump him.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Agree, I would think you would see a trip to the 60 Day DL, with something back related.

Aaron has been a good soldier, can't just dump him.
    Sure you can. You paid the guy 12 million dollars this year. Everyday joes' get canned for working 20 years someplace and the boss needs to cut overhead by 1%.

If cutting Harang could help the Reds win 1 game it would be worth it.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Sure you can. You paid the guy 12 million dollars this year. Everyday joes' get canned for working 20 years someplace and the boss needs to cut overhead by 1%.

Yes there's the money, but it's more about money. It's about loyalty and that goes a long way in an organization..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Except in this case, you'd still have to pay him for the last few weeks anyhow, not to mention you'd have to pay him an additional 45 days of termination pay. For what? saving a roster spot for a few weeks? That's not a sound business decision.

If the Reds need roster space, they should find it from some place that isn't being used and wouldn't cost them so much money (i.e. Del Rosario).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I agree, but I don't want to upset the cart. Maybe it goes over poorly in the clubhouse.

A trip to the 60 day DL, accomplishes the same thing, same money, except Aaron Harang sits in the dugout wearing a warm up, no hurt feelings.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I agree, but I don't want to upset the cart. Maybe it goes over poorly in the clubhouse.

A trip to the 60 day DL, accomplishes the same thing, same money, except Aaron Harang sits in the dugout wearing a warm up, no hurt feelings.
    Don't insult a player's intelligence. A trip to the DL is just as insulting to a player when he knows he's not injured. Just let Aaron sit out in the pen and watch the games. They would have to pay him either way. Doesn't make a difference.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

"So Fla Red"

Thank goodness we aren't stuck with another year of Harang's contract in 2011. That would have been a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Put Balentien on, cut DRH.
    Balentin is hurt himself. I believe he has an oblique pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    He was just activated today.

I think Harang could have some value in long relief the rest of the way. Nice to know he's out there in a game like tonight when multiple innings might be needed.

Throwing him under the bus now would be classless. I'm an accountant, and even I recognize that it isn't always just all about saving a few dollars.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    He's been back for the last couple days.

Bruce not pinch hitting at some point tonight makes me wonder when he is going to be back. But, while the losing streak has made the ride a little bumpy, they probably have enough cushion to be cautious and give him the extra time to make sure he doesn't tweak it or pull it the rest of the way and be out for the playoffs.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?