Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-20: Who wins the bubble?

Re: NBA 2019-20: Who wins the bubble?

Caruso with the dagger! What in the world was Rondo doing with that And1 play near the end?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Capela trade was horrible. He kept the team respectable on the boards and in the middle. Lakers are outrebounding the Rockets 39-17.
    I agree with you. I think Houston was a better team with Capela, but I appreciate the all-in effort. The Rockets weren't winning with or without Capela, might as well roll the dice with something funky.

I also think people underestimate how good the Lakers defense is. I've watched too many Blazers games, but I haven't seen many NBA teams as in sync on defense as they are. The mix it up. They help. They float guys. Everybody buys in. They get their hands on tons of balls. When McGee and Howard are playing, they protect the rim extremely well (Bron and Davis are good alone). It is an impressive defense.

Offensively, they're good as well, and Rondo brings another playmaker. I'm really impressed with the Lakers. I think they're the favorites to win the title (bold, I know).

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I agree with you. I think Houston was a better team with Capela, but I appreciate the all-in effort. The Rockets weren't winning with or without Capela, might as well roll the dice with something funky.

I also think people underestimate how good the Lakers defense is. I've watched too many Blazers games, but I haven't seen many NBA teams as in sync on defense as they are. The mix it up. They help. They float guys. Everybody buys in. They get their hands on tons of balls. When McGee and Howard are playing, they protect the rim extremely well (Bron and Davis are good alone). It is an impressive defense.

Offensively, they're good as well, and Rondo brings another playmaker. I'm really impressed with the Lakers. I think they're the favorites to win the title (bold, I know).
    I have mixed thoughts on the Capella trade, but as you said Houston was not winning with Capella on this roster. One thing I take away from the Capella signing in the first place is to never overpay a non-elite Center. I get it, you have to pay Jokic, Towns, Embiid (although I still have doubts a modern team can be built around the center and win), but defensive/rim runners can be had at bargain pricing without a major dropoff in play.

When Lebron just pays attention and gets in the way, the Lakers are an elite defense. They are huge when they go big...and are still big when they go small. The keys to the Clippers and Lakers series will be....(yes, I know it is not official, but it is in my mind)

1. Can the Clippers keep focus....as good as they are, they lose focus often
    2. Who will break down mentally.....AD or PG? Lebron and Kawhi are ballers...the supporting casts give effort and are solid, but AD and PG have shown the ability to disappear in big moments, and dominate in big moments.
    3. Lakers can't allow the Clippers antics to take them out of their game. Beverley, Harrell, Morris, etc. will annoy and bait guys all night. That is not the Lakers game, so they should avoid playing it.....I am looking at you Rondo!
    4. Morris vs. Morris. It is not about who gives their team more because Marcus if a bigger producer in the Clippers offense....but which one can elevate their production above their normal production. Markeiff has actually been better against the Rockets than Marcus has been against Denver.
    5. Big or small. Both can play either, but whoever decides is likely in control.
    6. Playoff Rondo has a history of "Jekyll and Hyde" from one series to the next....the Lakers will need the Houston series version.
    7. Clippers "X" factors. Lakers will have to control Lou Will and Harrell, and not allow them to decide multiple games.
    8. Can Vogel counter Doc? Vogel has proven to be a good hire, but this would be his first true test. Against the Blazers, he simply had more talent....against Houston, he did not have to worry about countering after Game #1 because D'Antoni just does not make many adjustments....Doc will be adjusting by the quarter, between games, and during a fast break. If Vogel is not ready to counter with adjustments, the Clippers will exploit a weakness and hang 8-10 points on you in a few minutes....and Doc can roll out an entirely different approach on both sides of the ball from game to game. Vogel can not get caught flat footed throughout the series.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-12-2020)

The Raptors and Celtics have managed to move the EC into the prime time slot for the first time in these playoffs.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Man, did the Clippers just cl-apse in the fourth...
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Man, did the Clippers just cl-apse in the fourth...
    The Nuggets also deserve some credit for refusing to die.

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-12-2020)

WTG, knucklehead House. Way to let every single one of your teammates down. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    WTG, knucklehead House. Way to let every single one of your teammates down. Good job.
    But she said she was authorized.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-12-2020),texasdave (09-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    But she said she was authorized.
    She wore gloves.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-12-2020),texasdave (09-11-2020)

How do they administer those COVID-19 tests on the bubble anyway?

Boston's playing better and should be way ahead, but Toronto's sticking around. Got to like that if you're the Raptors. That team will smash and grab the win if you let it.

That Jaylen Brown dunk is why you grab the rim.

Elton Brand needs to start blowing up Masai Ujiri's phone right now and making offers for Kyle Lowry.

Heat in like 5, maybe 6.

Crowder and Jimmy will prolly check Tatum most of the time with the other on Brown. PG edge goes to the Heat right now, Kemba just doesn't look that great. And Bam is gonna have his way.

What bench is being used favors Miami as well cuz Herro is essentially a starter that doesn't start.

Turn Off Ads?