Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don’t think he ever had it to begin with. He’s overrated due to the fact he plays for the Cowboys. Same could have been said for any QB that came after Troy Aikman.
    You haven't figured it out yet? You must be getting old buddy (LOL). Ask any Cowboy fan. At least the ones I know. ALL of the Cowboy's QBs have been

I have to say this though. Growing up in the 60s I loved the Cowboys, and always admired/respected this man...

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-07-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I wouldn't put Dak Prescott in the top five of NFL QBs, not with Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, and Russell Wilson all around. Maybe I'd have him near the end of the top ten list.
    Most football fans either seem to love the Cowboys or hate them. Over the years I've been in the middle. I was happy the Lombardi Packers beat the Cowboys in two straight NFL title games, including the Ice Bowl, but the Cowboys, especially the 1971 team with Staubach, Alworth, Lilly, Ditka, et al, were my favorite NFC team during the 1970s. I was happy when the 70s Cowboys won Super Bowls and I was unhappy when they lost, unless they were playing my Raiders or the Bengals.
    My attitude towards Dallas changed when Jerry Jones bought the team. The Cowboys still had players I liked, such as Emmitt Smith, but I so enjoy watching Jerry Jones's team lose. Right now I'm enjoying their collapse.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

5. Likes:

Chip R (12-09-2019)

Jerry Jones is a pretty fantastic owner. Except that he won't fire the GM. Which makes him a pretty lousy owner. His kid is going to be worse.

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Jerry Jones is a pretty fantastic owner. Except that he won't fire the GM. Which makes him a pretty lousy owner. His kid is going to be worse.
    In fairness to Jerry, the "GM" has done a good job filling the team with talent. I think the mistake is with coaching and not just the head coach. I don't think Moore and Marinelli are too great either

Jerry Jones is better than most GM's throughout the league. He's actually mellowed out a lot. Say what you will about him, but he wants to win more than anyone else.

Some of the Chiefs equipment was sent to Newark, NJ instead of Foxboro for the game against the Patriots later this afternoon.

If the equipment doesn’t make it to NE, the Chiefs will end up forfeiting the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Some of the Chiefs equipment was sent to Newark, NJ instead of Foxboro for the game against the Patriots later this afternoon.

If the equipment doesn’t make it to NE, the Chiefs will end up forfeiting the game.
    Patriots cheating again.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Patriots cheating again.
    I'd say someone pee'd someone off at the airport (LOL)

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Patriots cheating again.
    Didn’t help them.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Buffalo wins the division.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-09-2019)

I know nobody is going to feel sorry for the Patriots, but the officiating was once again a huge story and likely cost them the game. Officiating has been a story almost every week.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2019/1...atriots-clash/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes:

Chip R (12-09-2019),dubc47834 (12-09-2019),North (12-09-2019)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I know nobody is going to feel sorry for the Patriots, but the officiating was once again a huge story and likely cost them the game. Officiating has been a story almost every week.

As much as I enjoyed the Pats getting hosed...that was some piss poor officiating.

18. Likes:

dubc47834 (12-09-2019)

I don't like the way the NFL does replay challenges. College has a far better system

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post

When it happens in a playoff game, I think I might care. The Pats are finally having some of the karma coming home to roost and the irony/reaction is delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

21. Likes:

Chip R (12-09-2019),dubc47834 (12-09-2019)

That Patriot loss all but clinched homefield throughout the playoffs for the Ravens. They'd have to lose two to give the Pats a shot, and their three remaining games are against the Jets, Browns and Steelers.

That Patriot loss all but clinched homefield throughout the playoffs for the Ravens. They'd have to lose two to give the Pats a shot, and their three remaining games are against the Jets, Browns and Steelers.
    If Lamar's gonna win one, it better be this year.

Turn Off Ads?