Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

Re: Covid-19, Part VII - Staying On Topic...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cambridge University Study. Is that good enough?

In testimony before U.S. Congress on March 11, 2020, members of the House Oversight and Reform Committee were informed that estimated mortality for the novel coronavirus was ten-times higher than for seasonal influenza. Additional evidence, however, suggests the validity of this estimation could benefit from vetting for biases and miscalculations. The main objective of this article is to critically appraise the coronavirus mortality estimation presented to Congress. Informational texts from the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are compared with coronavirus mortality calculations in Congressional testimony. Results of this critical appraisal reveal information bias and selection bias in coronavirus mortality overestimation, most likely caused by misclassifying an influenza infection fatality rate as a case fatality rate. Public health lessons learned for future infectious disease pandemics include: safeguarding against research biases that may underestimate or overestimate an associated risk of disease and mortality; reassessing the ethics of fear-based public health campaigns; and providing full public disclosure of adverse effects from severe mitigation measures to contain viral transmission.

How did America cause the world to panic?

The world was panicking when Italy was hit so hard.

That seems like revisionist history.

I don’t even know why I’m engaging. 200,000 dead Americans with lockdowns. But yeah, it’s all a hoax.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

5. Likes:

dabvu2498 (09-09-2020),M2 (09-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

I don’t even know why I’m engaging. 200,000 dead Americans with lockdowns. But yeah, it’s all a hoax.
    The "world" panicked when it hit Italy -- cause Italy's white. I love to point this out to the woke.

The Covid death rate -- even if you accept the number -- is on par with big flu deaths that didn't entail Big Brother measures.

86 deaths in San Francisco.

Thousands of lives ruined.

As my son pointed out, SF corruption got buried by Covid-19.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local-po...0for%20decades.

And that's been replicated worldwide. It's a get-out-of-jail card for corrupt Pols, which is a most Pols. A GIFT!
    Last edited by Rojo; 09-09-2020 at 01:27 AM.

It's kind of genius, all these state and local pols grasping onto Covid to hide their game.

Look at your game girl, I'm appropriating local businesses with Fed funny money while normalizing martial law and introducing surveilance for you're own good.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...nia-study.html

Researchers found that, on average, a person who has a single contact with an infected individual has a one in about 4,000 chance of becoming sick, without using preventive measures such as social distancing or wearing a mask.

For the middle-aged, the risk of hospitalization is nearly one in a million and the risk of death is almost one in 20 million.
    Last edited by Rojo; 09-09-2020 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

It's from the guy who once insisted you'll choke on carbon dioxide if you wear a mask. Sounds like he's mad that his mayor has done a good job at this.
    Last edited by M2; 09-10-2020 at 10:44 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

12. Likes:

westofyou (09-11-2020)

“The research letter from Harvard found that among 3,222 young adults hospitalized with Covid-19, 88 died — about 2.7 percent. 1/5 required intensive care...The study “establishes that Covid-19 is a life-threatening disease in people of all ages,”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/10/w...e=articleShare
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

I know this isn't the flu, but those numbers (88 deaths in young adults) really are flu-like, no?

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Well, your analysis is ridiculous. Who cares if it takes 30 years or thee weeks? The point is that most people won’t know someone who dies and doesn’t view it as a threat. Apparently the governor feels the same way. I’m just explaining why people feel safe trying to get back to business as usual.

And this is probably not something you have to deal with, but if you went to work you would see that things are taken seriously there. Most of the places I go take your temperature, screen you, and mandate masks 100% of the time. Two of them have installed UV filters in the duct work. One has an outside company on call to isolate and sanitize with hand-cleaning and misting if anyone is even suspected of testing positive. They have hired engineers and scientists as advisors to develop real plans. Not everyone works from home or live’s in mom’s basement, and they are going to great expense to deal with this and survive at the same time. But hey, let’s have high school football and grandma in the stands!
    All of those precautions are great, but, according to Fauci today, 40-50% of all transmissions have taken place through asymptomatic people. At the same time, however, he also said that transmissions have mostly taken place during "events", not from isolated individuals, one to another, even though that's the only way someonen in a care facility could have come in contact with the virus. There are no "events" in nursing homes.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I know this isn't the flu, but those numbers (88 deaths in young adults) really are flu-like, no?
    I don’t know the age breakdown for the flu, but this article is rebuking the notion that younger people are immune to Covid, which is what some people have been promoting.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I don’t know the age breakdown for the flu, but this article is rebuking the notion that younger people are immune to Covid, which is what some people have been promoting.
    Fair enough. They're clearly not immune even if the risk is very low for them.

Why does it matter if the risk is low or not? If you get it, you can spread it and that's the real risk to everybody.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

19. Likes:

757690 (09-11-2020),Kingspoint (09-11-2020),Larkin Fan (09-11-2020),M2 (09-11-2020),Revering4Blue (09-12-2020),WrongVerb (09-11-2020)

Turn Off Ads?