Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

Re: NBA 2019-20: Hoopingest place on earth

Rondo is out 6-8 weeks with broken thumb...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...thumb-practice
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Rondo is out 6-8 weeks with broken thumb...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...thumb-practice
    Yes. Lakers will be missing their best PG when they play the Blazers in the 1st Rd.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Buddy Hield posted on social media that he's on the way to Orlando. Hield told the Sacramento Bee earlier this weekend that he'd be arriving in Orlando soon, and coach Luke Walton indicated that Hield has registered two negative COVID-19 tests which means he should have the green light to join his teammates at practice in the near future. Hield was thriving in his new role off the bench prior to the pause, averaging 19.4 points, 2.7 dimes and 4.4 triples.

SOURCE: Sacramento Bee

***UPDATE***

Buddy Hield and Jabari Parker have joined the Kings in Orlando on Sunday. Both guys will have to pass a couple COVID-19 tests in a 24-hour period to start practicing with the Kings. The Kings went full-contact on Sunday for their third straight day of practice and will have the day off on Monday. Hield and Parker will be a little behind once they're back on the court but it sounds like should be ready to go very soon.

Source: James Ham on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

“There are unknown effects it has on lung capacity, unknown effects it has on cardiac health,” said one general manager of a team entering the NBA bubble, speaking on the condition of anonymity. “What if a 24-year-old catches it in Orlando and, in 14 days, he quarantines and is fine, but then he has these everlasting heart problems? [Or he] gets winded so easily, or he becomes a little bit too susceptible to fatigue? ... These are all the unknowns.”

The league has plans to screen players for cardiac anomalies prior to their return to play.

"Any player who tests positive for the virus must undergo a “COVID-19 Pre-Participation Cardiac Screening” in accordance with CDC protocols before beginning team-organized activities, according to the league’s health and safety protocols."

The above from a sports article speaking about the unknown long-term effects that these players are gambling doesn't happen to them. Remember, these aren't your Joe-Blow's off the street. They have the best doctors, cardio and health and fitness experts money can buy advising them daily about anything happening to their bodies.

https://www.blazersedge.com/2020/7/1...ascular-system

Yes. Lakers will be missing their best PG when they play the Blazers in the 1st Rd.
    I'm confused. Will the Blazers be on site to watch the Lakers face CP3/SGA or Jrue/Lonzo?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm confused. Will the Blazers be on site to watch the Lakers face CP3/SGA or Jrue/Lonzo?
    Maybe they have received special clearance from the NBA to be fans in the stands once the regular season is over!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

While it's true that the NBA did everything in their power to ensure that NOP will go 8-0 in this, they need only lose once to open the door for the Blazers to get in instead of them. (if POR and NOP have identical records over these 8 games, such as 7-1, 6-2, then POR gets the 9th seed on percentage points. If they both go 8-0, POR loses it's percentage points lead because both teams reach .500. NOP then gets in having won the season series.)

Westbrook has COVID-19. He'll surely miss the game against the Blazers. The GODS will get this right.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-13-2020 at 04:50 PM.

From the idiots-r-us pages:

Richaun Holmes broke quarantine while picking up a food delivery and he now must quarantine an additional 10 days. The NBA is taking their bubble at Disney very seriously, so Holmes stepping off the campus for even a minor thing will result in a 10-day quarantine. He should be fine for the re-start of the NBA season, though.

Source: Shams Charania on Twitter

Steve Clifford said he'll need another 2-3 weeks before the Magic can determine if Jonathan Isaac (knee) will be able to play in the re-started season. "In terms of will [Isaac] be ready, I don’t think we’ll know that for 2-to-3 weeks," said Clifford. "He’s not able to play 5-on-5 yet. He’s made great progress, he’s a terrific worker, so I couldn’t say enough good things about him. It’ll be difficult to know for a couple more weeks." Just last week we heard reports of it being unlikely that Isaac would be cleared, and while Isaac is "optimistic" about his chances, it's not uncommon for players to be overly optimistic when discussing their injuries. There's a chance he'll play, but he'll likely have restrictions, and the Magic may be wise to err on the side of caution here.

Source: John Denton on Twitter

Gary Harris, Michael Porter Jr. and Torrey Craig have yet to join the Nuggets in the Orlando bubble. They still have time to get to the squad for the restarted season, and Nikola Jokic is another player who has yet to join the team in Orlando. Once they arrive, they will be required to post two negative COVID-19 test results before they're cleared for basketball activities.

Source: Chris Haynes on Twitter

More from the idiots-r-us files:

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Bruno Caboclo reportedly inadvertently broke quarantine and he will now need to self-quarantine in his room for eight days. Caboclo is in Orlando and left his room during the initial quarantine period, which is explicitly against the rules. He claims he didn't know he wasn't allowed to leave his room, however, the league made it clear to all their players and staff of the required protocol for the Orlando bubble. Still, he'll have enough time to get cleared for the restart of the NBA season on July 31.

Source: Tim MacMahon on Twitter

- - - Updated - - -

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

Russell Westbrook has tested positive for COVID-19 and he's gone into quarantine. Westbrook was not part of the initial Houston crew that traveled to the Orlando bubble, so at least this isn't something that will start spreading in the locker room. He'll now have to self-quarantine for 14 days and Westbrook will not be allowed to enter the bubble until he posts two negative COVID-19 tests. Luckily, he's feeling well and should have enough time to join his squad for the restarted season.

Source: Russell Westbrook on Twitter

From Melo:

"You may feel stuck. You may feel lost. You may be confused. I’m sure you have so many questions. The unknown is what keeps you up at night, but I want you to know your thoughts are POWERFUL. Believe me when I say this, you will get through this fog and uncertainty. Know you can do anything you set your mind to. Learn to trust your instinct. Get rid of that doubt. challenge your fears, overcome them and make them your strengths. Your circumstances do not define who you are as a young man, especially a black boy. It’s hard for me to tell you not to be afraid. I’m still afraid.

The struggle of life is, and always will be, a struggle against your own weakness. Will you become cowardly and think, “I can’t do this. I’m certain to fail”? Or will you challenge the difficulties that lie ahead with the courage of your convictions and tell yourself, “I AM STRONG! oh, and by the way, I’M BLACK AND I’M PROUD”? You’re probably questioning whether or not you can become stronger still. Your destiny in life will vary greatly depending on the spirit that you maintain and where you allow it to take you. Just like anything else in life, there will be good and there will be evil. The key is in how you work to overcome that evil, and harness that energy to turn it into power."

In other words, You decide what happens to you in Life. Nobody but you. Your Life is 100% the results of your own decisions. Do not let doubt creep into your mind about your possibilities and your abilities. You can do anything you set your mind to.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-13-2020 at 06:09 PM.

But does Melo want to play defense?

But does Melo want to play defense?
    Yes. He's in phenomenal shape. Slimmer than in March.

Oladipo does, too. He changed his mind and is opting in. Better hurry up and get there.

Starting five will be:

Zach
    Nurk
    Melo
    Dame
    C.J.

Trent and Whiteside will be first two in.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-13-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Yes. He's in phenomenal shape. Slimmer than in March.

Oladipo does, too. He changed his mind and is opting in. Better hurry up and get there.

Starting five will be:

Zach
    Nurk
    Melo
    Dame
    C.J.

Trent and Whiteside will be first two in.
    I have never seen a sports fan Wile E. Coyote off a cliff repeatedly quite the way you have with the Blazers this season.

Turn Off Ads?