Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Re: NBA 2020-21: The Final Covid-19 Season?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    The prosecution rests.
    You always do when you ignore both the facts and your 100% wrong prognostications of the Blazers year after year.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I feel confident in prognosticating that no amount of practice is going to help Robert Covington unleash his inner Dr. J.
    That isn't a conversation anyone has ever had about Covington. Ariza in his prime is the target here.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    As a fan, this is one of the most enjoyable aspects of a rebuild. You have the freedom to take low risk chances that have the potential for significant reward. Everyone has kind of gave up on that lottery pick from a couple years ago....bring him in and maybe this time it will click. Probably not, but no big loss. A guy is showing out in the GLeague, give him a 10 day deal and see what he can do in the league....if it does not work, just do not resign him. If done correctly, you can find some low cost rotation players to put around your high draft pick talent that will expedite the rebuild. Those moves are harder to do when you are focused on an optimal playoff seed.
    This is my biggest joy in the NBA. Every team has the opportunity to find real help from a variety of sources. Last year, Miami's G League NFDA's Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn played massive roles in that team's success, as did Tyler Herro, a middling 1st rounder. (This after Bam Adebayo developed there as well.)

The Lakers, despite drafting at the bottom of the draft, have found Talen Horton-Tucker with the 46th pick in the draft and were able to get serious help from castoffs like Alex Caruso (NFDA waiver claim) and "old guys" Rajon Rondo and Dwight Howard.

Utah has a United Nations of odd acquisitions. G League guys, international free agents, former stars, former scrubs, developed stars-- it's a master's thesis on the different ways teams can build.

I love that Ja Morant and John Konchar can share a backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You always do when you ignore both the facts and your 100% wrong prognostications of the Blazers year after year.
    I must have missed the "fact" that the Blazers have won the past three championships or that they went unbeaten last season on their way to the World Title.

6. Likes:

M2 (01-24-2021)

That isn't a conversation anyone has ever had about Covington. Ariza in his prime is the target here.
    You claimed the Blazers would unlock Covington's full offensive arsenal. When others noted his offensive skillset was limited you vowed we'd all see. Well, we're seeing.

Covington has been used incorrectly every year everywhere he's been. Stotts and Lillard will get the most out of him. Hell have his best year ever in every category, except maybe Defensive Rating, of course.
    Last edited by M2; 01-24-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I've got to start watching more Jazz games. They've been excellent so far. They're offense has been even better than their defense, and they're always near the top in defense. I'm genuinely curious if they can keep it up. Also want to process what Royce O'Neale is bringing to the mix. They have six players averaging double digits in scoring and O'Neale is not one of them even though he's an insanely efficient shooter (.667 eFG%) and and he's second on the team in minutes.

On to more productive posts:

Indiana's two best players are 6 - 30 overall and 1 - 13 from deep in a matinee against Toronto.

They're all knotted up with less than a minute to go.

I really like a team that can do that.

Van Vleet fouled Brogdan badly with 22 seconds left...mauled him actually. No call. Turnover. Game over. Refs traditionally let teams that foul and grab a lot get away with a lot of fouling and grabbing. It's as if they feel if they called everything they'd blow their whistles on every play and some teams take advantage of this. BOS, of course, is the most famous team that fits this mold, but TOR definitely does, too, and it's why they'll end up as a Top-6 team in the East.

- - - Updated - - -

You claimed the Blazers would unlock Covington's full offensive arsenal. When others noted his offensive skillset was limited you vowed we'd all see. Well, we're seeing.
    That is true. It will happen.

Again, best DEF Rating for PHI yesterday was Seth Curry's smooth-jazz 91.7.

That is true. It will happen.
    To reach his career high in ppg, Covington needs to average more than 15 ppg for the rest of the season. He's currently at 6.6 ppg with .422 eFG and an O-rating of 89. He's been a special brand of bad on offense. Through 1/5 of the season he is having by far his worst season. It's been the diametrical opposite of what you predicted.

But I'm in the mood for comedy, so please explain what Robert Covington is suddenly going to start doing to achieve those career-best numbers.

From Rotoworld:

"The Warriors' starting lineup hasn't gotten the job done this season, as that group has a plus/minus of minus-73 despite the team having an 8-8 and record. And after back-to-back blowout losses to the Knicks and Jazz, coach Steve Kerr could look to make some changes to his rotation. “We need to build something we can rely on night after night," Kerr said after Saturday's loss. "The main thing is defense. We have to be playing with energy and focus and get after it at that end of the floor. But there’s no doubt we have to assess everything as a staff, as an organization, how we’re looking at this season, what our goals are. Everything is up for adjustments." If a change is made to the starting lineup Oubre is the obvious answer, given the non-scoring attributes that Draymond Green brings to the table."

To reach his career high in ppg, Covington needs to average more than 15 ppg for the rest of the season. He's currently at 6.6 ppg with .422 eFG and an O-rating of 89. He's been a special brand of bad on offense. Through 1/5 of the season he is having by far his worst season. It's been the diametrical opposite of what you predicted.

But I'm in the mood for comedy, so please explain what Robert Covington is suddenly going to start doing to achieve those career-best numbers.
    I've already explained why many times, so I'm not wasting my time doing it again. The results going forward will speak for themselves, though I'm certain you'll try to manipulate the facts by including what's happened up to now during this preseason portion of the season.

I've already explained why many times, so I'm not wasting my time doing it again. The results going forward will speak for themselves, though I'm certain you'll try to manipulate the facts by including what's happened up to now during this preseason portion of the season.
    Oh, the results speak for themselves all right. But please tell me more about how Robert Covington is a secret stud when playing off the bounce and at attacking the rim. Can't. Get. Enough.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    On to more productive posts:

Indiana's two best players are 6 - 30 overall and 1 - 13 from deep in a matinee against Toronto.

They're all knotted up with less than a minute to go.

I really like a team that can do that.
    With the team nowhere near full strength, both Sabonis and Brogdan are logging an unsustainable amount of minutes.

That trend simply cannot continue.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Oh, the results speak for themselves all right. But please tell me more about how Robert Covington is a secret stud when playing off the bounce and at attacking the rim. Can't. Get. Enough.
    In the first half, he's a +17 against the #1 Defense in the NBA and hasn't scored a point (only took one shot yet his impact was all over the floor throughout the first half). Don't know how many times I need to point out that you can't use traditional statistics to show how he will impact POR going forward. Oh, and POR is up 70-50 against the NBA's #1 Defense both in OPP FG% and OPP 3-pt FG% destroying both figures. Amazing what a couple of practices can do when there hasn't been any since before the pre-season began and only three pseudo ones before that.

Turn Off Ads?