Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Re: UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    What is the problem with Brooks? Injury wise.
    Calf injury.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Calf injury.
    I thought it was head worms...

Interesting article:

Explaining the Strained Relationship Between Coach Cal and the Fans

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...-and-the-fans/
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Interesting article:

Explaining the Strained Relationship Between Coach Cal and the Fans

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...-and-the-fans/
    Has anybody done a "wellness check" on BZ yet?

Cal needs to get thrown out of games more often.

Where have you been Dontay Allen? UK found a three point shooter tonight.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

UK Basketball 2020-2021: ? Has Entered the Draft/Transfer Portal

Akindo will like this one:

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...248296820.html

I can’t see Cal taking on a player who quit on his friend in coaching.
    Last edited by WVRed; 01-05-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Akindo will like this one:

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...248296820.html

I can’t see Cal taking on a player who quit on his friend in coaching.
    I thought is seemed very weird also, but I saw that article earlier and it claimed UK was in contact with him as soon as he hit the portal. I recall a couple weeks ago when Cal suspended the Freshman player, some fans inquired on WVU boards if he left, would WVU have a chance....and the common response was nobody thought Huggins would consider someone that left Cal not on the best of terms. Who knows, that was just fan opinions....maybe we think they are tighter than they actually are, or maybe they just consider this business.

Not sure if you saw the tweet from Fran today...

Fran Fraschilla
    @franfraschilla

I liked Oscar Tshiebwe as a kid at @WVUhoops. I am reasonably sure there was tampering going on but that would just make it a Tuesday in college basketball. Simply put, with Derek Culver’s dramatic improvement there was little space inside. Skill level must improve at next stop.

6:36 PM · Jan 5, 2021
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I thought is seemed very weird also, but I saw that article earlier and it claimed UK was in contact with him as soon as he hit the portal. I recall a couple weeks ago when Cal suspended the Freshman player, some fans inquired on WVU boards if he left, would WVU have a chance....and the common response was nobody thought Huggins would consider someone that left Cal not on the best of terms. Who knows, that was just fan opinions....maybe we think they are tighter than they actually are, or maybe they just consider this business.

Not sure if you saw the tweet from Fran today...
    I hope he doesn’t end up at UK, but if he does Cal will likely know exactly what happened from Huggins.

The difference is we don’t know what happened with Oscar as to why he left WVU. We can guess but for Huggins to slam the door on a return it’s pretty telling. Fletcher OTOH it was on tv for everyone to see what the problem was.

Where was this team all season?

Tyrese Maxey broke a single game rookie scoring record set by Allen Iverson today too.

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-09-2021),goreds2 (01-09-2021)

Jeff Goodman is reporting Kentucky as the favorite for Oscar Tshiebwe.

Adding him and Damion Collins next year would give UK a loaded frontcourt. Curious to see why he left Morgantown though.

Jeff Goodman is reporting Kentucky as the favorite for Oscar Tshiebwe.

Adding him and Damion Collins next year would give UK a loaded frontcourt. Curious to see why he left Morgantown though.
    I do not think it is really about why he left, it is the process and who was involved. I think it is very likely his reason for leaving was he did not feel Huggins and WVU was optimizing his NBA stock, and if he feels that way I consider that fair. The thing that I think is important is the process and who was involved, and honestly I doubt we are ever 100% sure. After Fran Fraschilla went public with there was tampering, it was expected that he would have to be careful and slow walk to his destination as the process was being watched closely. Maybe it became too hot, and plans had to change significantly.

If Cal was not at UK, there is part of me that would prefer him to end up at UK because I know he would get the development he needs if he recommits, and I think Miami would be a huge mistake on his part....but I do not like the fact that Cal is seeking to add him.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I do not think it is really about why he left, it is the process and who was involved. I think it is very likely his reason for leaving was he did not feel Huggins and WVU was optimizing his NBA stock, and if he feels that way I consider that fair. The thing that I think is important is the process and who was involved, and honestly I doubt we are ever 100% sure. After Fran Fraschilla went public with there was tampering, it was expected that he would have to be careful and slow walk to his destination as the process was being watched closely. Maybe it became too hot, and plans had to change significantly.

If Cal was not at UK, there is part of me that would prefer him to end up at UK because I know he would get the development he needs if he recommits, and I think Miami would be a huge mistake on his part....but I do not like the fact that Cal is seeking to add him.
    You are kind of contradicting yourself. Cal being at UK is why Oscar is likely looking at going there (again) in order to get development.

I don’t like it either simply because I don’t like how he left WVU. If the tampering part gets investigated I’m curious to see how long it takes before he gets ruled eligible. Could be Olivier Sarr all over again or worse.

You are kind of contradicting yourself. Cal being at UK is why Oscar is likely looking at going there (again) in order to get development.

I don’t like it either simply because I don’t like how he left WVU. If the tampering part gets investigated I’m curious to see how long it takes before he gets ruled eligible. Could be Olivier Sarr all over again or worse.
    I do not expect him to be ineligible, and the tampering part had nothing to do with UK....so I expect if that is where he lands, the interest in anything that went on behind the scenes will pretty much go away. I think Oscar is a really good young man....he just needs to commit himself and get back in shape to play at the effort level he displayed as a Freshman....where he had the best motor I have ever seen from a big man in college, and that is not hyperbole. He went 100% the whole game. This year, it appeared his motor was leaking oil and operating with a blown head gasket. Huggs suggested it was related to him not working in the offseason and getting caught up too much in being a local celebrity....but maybe it was because he was considering leaving. I heard Norlander suggest on the CBS Eye on Basketball podcast this week that he had been hearing things for a while that Oscar may end up at another school....not sure what "a while" is defined as....
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Where was this team all season?

Tyrese Maxey broke a single game rookie scoring record set by Allen Iverson today too.
    I just saw the 2nd half. Brooks looked good. He is going to help them a lot. Still a long road to climb but if they can place really high in the SEC(at least 2nd or 3rd) they could still make the NCAA's.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Oscar to UK became official last night.

Anyone want to bet UK is going to Morgantown next year for the SEC-Texas Ten Challenge?

Turn Off Ads?