Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Part XVII

Re: Covid-19 Part XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm sure there would be people passing on a cancer vaccine. It would also be amazing if there was an Alzheimer's vaccine. But it probably wouldn't be something kids really need.
    Yeah, there will be folks passing on a cancer vaccine which would be mind-boggling. I get skipping the flu or Covid shots, but cancer is on another level or two. Not to throw a pity party, but my wife’s mom has Alzheimer’s. This past year, she’s gone from 80% functional to needing full-time care. It’s my first experience with it and it’s really hard to see and comprehend. It’s just so sad. It’ll be a great when they figure out how to stop it…and cancer.
    Last edited by Redhook; 10-24-2022 at 05:52 AM.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Likes:

Boston Red (10-23-2022),Revering4Blue (10-23-2022),Roy Tucker (10-23-2022),WrongVerb (10-24-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It is largely a barrier to infection in cases such as measles, mumps, polio, small pox. The Covid vaccine didn't achieve that. Therefore our gov't changed the definition of vaccine. That's not right. In fact it's downright "fishy".
    Your body's immune system is the barrier, not the vaccine.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

If the cancer vaccine was rushed to production in less than a year and you saw people getting cancer after being vaccinated, you can be sure there’d be all kinds of people not lining up to get it. Gotta compare apples to apples with this analogy

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Your body's immune system is the barrier, not the vaccine.
    That’s irrelevant to my point. My point is that this C19 vax does not prevent infection thus they had to change the definition of vaccine

I think it would have been more proper to change the term of the C19 shot to treatment modality or something similar

"The amount of false equivalencies in this thread, is too damn high!"
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I will repost this, which shows that getting the boosters does provide added protection from getting Covid and the lastest variants. Being fully boosted greatly reduces the rate of prevention.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...gainst-omicron

There also now is a new vaccine aimed at the latest variants that is approved by the FDA, that helps prevent getting the latest variants.

Saying “it doesn’t prevent infection” is a bit dishonest. It doesn’t prevent 100% but it does greatly reduce the chances of getting infected, if one is fully boosted. And early testing that has been approved by the FDA shows that this new vaccine works even better at preventing infection than the boosters.

I could teach a pitcher a new pitch that would reduce the number of HR’s he gives up by 50%. That pitch doesn’t prevent HR’s but it makes them less likely. It would be a good pitch for that pitcher to have, even though it doesn’t prevent HR’s.

NY State Supreme Court reinstates all fired unvaccinated employees, orders backpay, says the state violated rights, acted arbitrary & capricious, notes: “Being vaccinated does not prevent an individual from contracting or transmitting Covid-19.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-...orders-backpay

Note that the statement about vaccination not preventing an individual from contracting or transmitting Covid-19 is from the Court and not Fox News. Also, NY is unusual in the the Supreme Courts there are actually lower level trial courts. So this will likely be appealed to a Court of Appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I literally posted an article that explained the difference. I understand the difference.

First line from the article I posted:

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...15-2022-07-08/

U.S. FDA grants full approval to Pfizer COVID vaccine for ages 12-15
    That's full approval of the original vax that came out in May of 2021. The most recent Omicron vax was emergency approved after being tested on 8 mice and no humans. So far as I know that one has not received full approval. If it has, by all means let me know. It was just emergency approved in July

The vaccine, sold under the brand name Comirnaty for adults, has been available under an emergency use authorization since May 2021 for the 12-15 age group. It will now be sold under the same brand name for adolescents as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    We're eventually going to have RNA vaccines against different cancers, another literal miracle, and you're going to have morons deciding to die of cancer instead of getting a shot. You really can't help some people.

"Only 10 people should be allowed to go to the funeral."
    "It's OK to hang out with thousands of other people because of racism or something."

I can't imagine why people are skeptical of experts telling them what they should do.

12. Likes:

jimbo (10-27-2022)

Has anyone heard of a possible link between Covid and Shingles. I was just at Walgreens getting a flu shot, and I asked the pharmacist about a shingles vaccine, saying that I'd had shingles in June. He said I'd have to wait six months, then asked if I had had covid before shingles. I told him I'd had covid in May, and my shingles had been mild, with a rash but no pain. He said the same thing had happened to him, and he'd been hearing other reports. I'm wondering whether this is a weakened immunity thing.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Shingles with a rash and no pain? You may have found the first actual positive side effect of Covid. Well, that and the people who needed an excuse to cut off relatives they didn't like anyway!

Over Thanksgiving my late 80s aged parents had Covid. Dad originally got it and a week later Mom tested positive. Dad had a cough for a few days, then a little headache. Mom never did develop symptoms. 3 of us spent Thanksgiving with them in the 2 bedroom place at their independent living cottage, no masks. None of us got sick. Dad has bad type 2 diabetes, a UTI that will not respond to antibiotics and is not in great health. Mom has COPD and heart failure. If this is all Covid did to them, why the panic? We cannot let this virus control our lives. It's with us forever and we have to deal with it

16. Likes:

goreds2 (12-07-2022)

They call me "chef"

I gave four COVIDs to a 100 year old man 15 minutes ago and he is doing 10/10.

18. Likes:

Kinsm (12-08-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

If a random anecdote won't convince you, I don't know what will.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    If a random anecdote won't convince you, I don't know what will.
    All I wanna do is report my personal experience. What you do with Covid is up to you

Turn Off Ads?