Thread: Those Who Lost Old Red Guard Access

Re: Those Who Lost Old Red Guard Access

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    reds44, check your PMs.
    Thanks paint.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I think for alot of members this might be the case. I too have been frustrated a couple of times because there was a particular point that I really wanted to comment on in the SD.

That being said, I can't help myself. If there is good baseball commentary going on, i'm going to read it.
    You think you're frustrated!

I have noticed a clear drop in quality in posts in Sundeck vs. old RedsLive. I also miss rep points where you got feedback from org about post quality. I liked my instant gratification!
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I have noticed a clear drop in quality in posts in Sundeck vs. old RedsLive. I also miss rep points where you got feedback from org about post quality. I liked my instant gratification!
    I think I read somewhere that there was a feedback system in the works. But maybe I made that up. Mods, any help?
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    I think I read somewhere that there was a feedback system in the works. But maybe I made that up. Mods, any help?
    That's correct - if I can work out the initial kinks I had with it, there will soon be some sort of feedback implemented that will allow users to give a thumbs up or down for individual posts. However, unlike the reputation system, this will not be tracked via a score, nor will it be an official criteria for entrance to the ORG.

thumbup:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    That's correct - if I can work out the initial kinks I had with it, there will soon be some sort of feedback implemented that will allow users to give a thumbs up or down for individual posts. However, unlike the reputation system, this will not be tracked via a score, nor will it be an official criteria for entrance to the ORG.
    Wow -- that sounds really exciting. I can't wait till this wonderful enhancement is in place.

thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    looks like the enhancement is working quite well already. Man -- did that make this place so much better than before. I can't wait to see if I got a thumbs up or a thumbs down.

You're sure doing your best to make RZ a better place too I can see. Kudos to you peterose00.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I appreciate the sarcasm. It's well placed. But let's deal with a few facts. What do the following have in common?

2001MUgrad
    1,462 posts and member since 2003

Redsupport
    1,401 posts averages 3.80 a day

TeamMorris
    1,357 posts and member since 2002

flynn78
    1,315 posts and member since 2004

jimbo
    1,278 posts averages 3.38 posts a day

The answer? Neither one was awarded ORG status. Instead membership was given to people who started posting last year or who average less than a third of the posts per day of these people. I've read their posts. What exactly did they do or didn't do to be excluded? Nothing. A member for more than 5 years and he's not included? People who have contributed money to this site not brought in? But, let's bring in the guy banned for at least 6 months recently. Let's bring in the curmudgeon who doesn't have a positive thing to say about anything. This is your website and you can certainly run it the way you want. But a number of people who love Redszone got a damn dirty deal.
    Last edited by Handofdeath; 05-30-2007 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    A member for more than 5 years and he's not included? People who have contributed money to this site not brought in? But, let's bring in the guy banned for at least 6 months recently. This is your website and you can certainly run it the way you want. But a number of people who love Redszone got a damn dirty deal.

Good post.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

]A member for more than 5 years and he's not included? People who have contributed money to this site not brought in? But, let's bring in the guy banned for at least 6 months recently. Let's bring in the curmudgeon who doesn't have a positive thing to say about anything. This is your website and you can certainly run it the way you want. But a number of people who love Redszone got a damn dirty deal.
    The process isn't perfect -- Boss & GIK admitted that the list they came up with was a STARTING point. The process is evolving, just as the membership list to ORG is as more people are brought over. A lot of good posters were left off the list. That'll be remedied, I imagine, quickly.

As for the two individuals you mentioned -- both have produced quality content for this board for years. One of the two is the very reason I kept coming to the board after discovering it. The other can be negative but is usually well reasoned and thought out. I think you'd find very few people who would agree that the two people you're speaking of don't deserve to be where they are based on the content they produce.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Good post.
    Thanks. And when I do a little more checking I see that George Foster who has exactly 4,921 posts and who averages 7.41 posts a day is not a member. 64th overall in total posts and on the outside. I assumed someone who had contributed that much was member of ORG. My bad GF.

I appreciate the sarcasm. It's well placed. But let's deal with a few facts. What do the following have in common?

2001MUgrad
    1,462 posts and member since 2003

Redsupport
    1,401 posts averages 3.80 a day

TeamMorris
    1,357 posts and member since 2002

flynn78
    1,315 posts and member since 2004

jimbo
    1,278 posts averages 3.38 posts a day

The answer? Neither one was awarded ORG status. Instead membership was given to people who started posting last year or who average less than a third of the posts per day of these people. I've read their posts. What exactly did they do or didn't do to be excluded? Nothing. A member for more than 5 years and he's not included? People who have contributed money to this site not brought in? But, let's bring in the guy banned for at least 6 months recently. Let's bring in the curmudgeon who doesn't have a positive thing to say about anything. This is your website and you can certainly run it the way you want. But a number of people who love Redszone got a damn dirty deal.
    All we can do is try to improve our posting. It's a message board, have fun. Nobody is trying to screw anyone over.
    Last edited by reds44; 05-30-2007 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    All we can do is try to improve our posting. It's a message board, have fun. Nobody is trying to screw anyone over.
    And reds44 you really got screwed. And my posting did improve and so did others. I busted my ass to improve and get into ORG only to be told months later, after I did nothing wrong, that I was out again. Maybe nobody is intentionally trying to screw anybody but that's what happened. I'm not taking part in a damned essay contest and neither should anybody else. I'm through with this elitist crap.

And reds44 you really got screwed. And my posting did improve and so did others. I busted my ass to improve and get into ORG only to be told months later, after I did nothing wrong, that I was out again. Maybe nobody is intentionally trying to screw anybody but that's what happened. I'm not taking part in a damned essay contest and neither should anybody else. I'm through with this elitist crap.
    They are just trying to do what is best for the site. They had to set a limit somewhere, and I was one of the ones left out. It happens. Nothing I can do about it now except hope to be voted in by my fellow posters.

I've already seen multiple threads from Sun Deck members about how the quality on the Sun Deck is down from what it was on Reds Live. Don't you think that was done intentionally? The reason the admins seperated the two and don't allow ORG members to post on the Sun Deck is so posters stand out one way or another and allowing ORG members to post on the Sun Deck wasn't allowing that.

Some people got in the ORG undeservedly because of what the admins thought was abuse of the rep system. Now that doesn't mean you or I got in underservidly, but tey had to draw a line somewhere. If we deserve to be in, we'll be voted on by our fellow members.

I'm not saying I agree with what happend, but I see where they are coming from. What's done is done, and you just have to move on.

Turn Off Ads?