Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: College Football 2020 Part Two: Will They Finish the Season?

I'm actually surprised that Sarkisian isn't, as of now, parlaying his success into an NFL coaching job.

I'm also surprised that Jim Harbaugh hasn't - again, as of now - moved back to the NFL for a soft landing.

I'm even more surprised that Michigan apparently has no plans to move on from Harbaugh.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    True. Just don’t think Sark is an upgrade given his history.

To be honest I don’t see a slam dunk hire unless it’s Urban and he’s not taking it.
    If Sark can get Ewers back it’s a slam dunk
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I'm actually surprised that Sarkisian isn't, as of now, parlaying his success into an NFL coaching job.

I'm also surprised that Jim Harbaugh hasn't - again, as of now - moved back to the NFL for a soft landing.

I'm even more surprised that Michigan apparently has no plans to move on from Harbaugh.
    I think the Harbaugh thing is Michigan refusing to admit they are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You're probably right. It's a silly rationale regardless.

If you're Michigan, you shouldn't be in a position where you're settling. And the B1G really could use the type of boost that a return to prominence for that program would provide.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I think it’s that there’s not a better “Michigan Man” waiting to take over.

Michigan is the Auburn of the Big Ten. Second fiddle to Ohio State (Alabama) and an administration that hires their “favorite” and not someone who puts them in a position to win. A fan revolt stopped Auburn from doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-02-2021)

Bob hates OSU fans because they asked the bar to turn the sound on during a playoff game....in Ohio...Lol, the horror
    In that particular instance, and again, I was just an observer, not affiliated with either party....

We were at a lodgehall that had a main area, and 4 or 5 separate areas where people could congregate. Right when I walk in, the "up to 11" volume of the OSU game from one of those areas hits me right in the ears. Like, so loud everything is distorted kind of loud. "That's fine," I thought. It's playoff time, I get it.

Then later I watched 2 or 3 of them hassle a kids birthday party one room over "for being too loud." "Distrurbing their game." They were singing Happy Birthday. This was only last year, so I just rolled my eyes at that point. Typical tOSU fans.

Then reading through this thread, and all the "I just can't get over how they disrespected tOSU" horsepoop. And I'm like "yep. Add that to the pile." Contrarian? Maybe prove me and the rest of the world wrong some time. Even the whole THE Ohio State University thing. So douchy...
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 01-02-2021 at 02:21 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    In that particular instance, and again, I was just an observer, not affiliated with either party....

We were at a lodgehall that had a main area, and 4 or 5 separate areas where people could congregate. Right when I walk in, the "up to 11" volume of the OSU game from one of those areas hits me right in the ears. Like, so loud everything is distorted kind of loud. "That's fine," I thought. It's playoff time, I get it.

Then later I watched 2 or 3 of them hassle a kids birthday party one room over "for being too loud." "Distrurbing their game." They were singing Happy Birthday. This was only last year, so I just rolled my eyes at that point. Typical tOSU fans.

Then reading through this thread, and all the "I just can't get over how they disrespected tOSU" horsepoop. And I'm like "yep. Add that to the pile." Contrarian? Maybe prove me and the rest of the world wrong some time. Even the whole THE Ohio State University thing. So douchy...
    Seems like you’re the only one saying THE OSU in this thread...

As for “can’t believe they disrespected OSU” stuff I can only speak for myself, and I can’t believe Clemson/Dabo “disrespected” OSU like that not foe OSU’s feelings but for providing OSU easy bulletin board material. That’s the only reason I can’t believe it.

Anyways, why not just admit you’re upset UC lost to Georgia yesterday and move on?

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post

OSU has some obnoxious fans out there. But I haven’t see much of that here. There was some snark in response to Akindo’s delusion/embarrassed remarks but that’s fairly to be expected after such a claim. Most OSU fans on here are pretty tough critics so I don’t know why you bring the “I hope they lose by 100” talk here. Save that for somewhere else. And if there has been obnoxious OSU behavior on here point it out and I’ll come down on it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    OSU has some obnoxious fans out there. But I haven’t see much of that here. There was some snark in response to Akindo’s delusion/embarrassed remarks but that’s fairly to be expected after such a claim. Most OSU fans on here are pretty tough critics so I don’t know why you bring the “I hope they lose by 100” talk here. Save that for somewhere else. And if there has been obnoxious OSU behavior on here point it out and I’ll come down on it.
    Every fan base has it. The blue bloods are worse though.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’m an OSU fan but one of *those* obnoxious OSU fans. Believe me, there are times (not here on RZ) that I see or hear some Ohio State fans bark and woof and act like fools and I’m like oh jeez please just shut up (actually the same goes for Reds fans but they haven’t had near the success the Buckeyes have). I’ve made a few orbits around the sun and know there is an ebb and flow to these things. Michigan *owned* Ohio State through the 90’s and that was a humbling time. And I remember 1969 all too well. And that Bo owned Woodie and watching Hayes make a fool of himself was tough to watch.

Anyhow, I’ll be a fan but not a crazy stupid fan.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Every fan base has it. The blue bloods are worse though.
    I’ll thank you not to disrespect Tom Selleck like that, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2 View Post
    I think in hindsight it is Northwestern and Indiana being disrespected. They are really good. So when OSU doesn't completely dominate them it doesn't mean that OSU is not good or in Clemson's class.
    You almost can’t draw any real conclusions this season and especially in non CFP bowl games where many teams have had a lot of talent opt out. Indiana just got beat by Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    You almost can’t draw any real conclusions this season and especially in non CFP bowl games where many teams have had a lot of talent opt out. Indiana just got beat by Mississippi.
    Indiana lost their starting QB. The back up is ok but he’s not in the same universe as Penix.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Indiana lost their starting QB. The back up is ok but he’s not in the same universe as Penix.
    Yeah I was hoping for an IU win just to put a cherry on top of the season and have momentum going into next year. But other than that as said, there’s nothing to conclude, especially in this wacky season.

I don’t hope for it (I’d love IU to build up a program) but I fear next year PSU/UM/UW retake their spots in the second tier of the Big 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    While this is obviously true, IU’s offense and defense were outplayed by their counterparts.

In particular, Nick Sheridan’s (IU OC) play-calling was horrendous nearly all game. Why, why, why go away from a running game that was working in favor of bubble screens that were not working at all. And it is indefensible that the Hoosiers failed to complete a pass play for more than 20 yards.

Turn Off Ads?