Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Zach Cozart DFA

Re: Zach Cozart DFA

wow his walk year with Cincy REALLY stands out like a sore thumb, every number is BY FAR his career high. You see this so often it cant be a coincidence. Each person like him deserves the benefit of the doubt yet it is hard to respect whoever it is that hustles in that last year to get a big payday and then relaxes after it and falls way off because of that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomlin8 View Post
    wow his walk year with Cincy REALLY stands out like a sore thumb, every number is BY FAR his career high. You see this so often it cant be a coincidence. Each person like him deserves the benefit of the doubt yet it is hard to respect whoever it is that hustles in that last year to get a big payday and then relaxes after it and falls way off because of that.
    I'm not sure that's fair, he dealt with a lot of injury issues and was likely coming out of his prime or close to it when he signed that contract.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    It would take space from a player who might actually make a positive contribution. Cozart is done.
    Christian Colon and Alfredo Rodriguez are going to spring training. Cozart stands a better chance of making a positive contribution to the Reds than either of those. Even if that chance is slim vs none. Who cares if they give Cozart a look/see.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

5. Likes:

Tom Servo (01-15-2020)

Reds fans want to bring back an ex red who sucks and can’t help the team

Stop me if I’ve heard this 183 times before

7. Likes:

Chip R (01-15-2020),DocRed (01-15-2020),indy_dave00 (01-16-2020),Ron Madden (01-15-2020),westofyou (01-15-2020),WrongVerb (01-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Aland View Post

Reds Fan Since 1971

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

He had a 5 fWAR season in 2017. That's not ancient history. He's only 34 and most of us who are pro-Cozart on this board only want him on a minor league contract.

So many on this board are convinced that Senzel can't play short. If that is true, all we have is a 1 win player in Galvis. I am not sure why we can't take a look at Cozart if those are the only options.

10. Likes:

Griffey012 (01-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    He had a 5 fWAR season in 2017. That's not ancient history. He's only 34 and most of us who are pro-Cozart on this board only want him on a minor league contract.

So many on this board are convinced that Senzel can't play short. If that is true, all we have is a 1 win player in Galvis. I am not sure why we can't take a look at Cozart if those are the only options.
    That’s really neat about his 2017 career, outlier year

He’s sporting a -0.7 WAR Over the last 2 recent seasons.

Injured.

Miserable production.

You need to let it go. Take the nostalgia out of it. No one cares that he played for the reds.
    Last edited by Aland; 01-15-2020 at 04:25 PM.

12. Likes:

Chip R (01-15-2020)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

That’s really neat about his 2017 career, outlier year

He’s sporting a -0.7 WAR Over the last 2 recent seasons.

Injured.

Miserable production.

You need to let it go. Tale the nostalgia out of it. No one cares that he played for the reds.
    I am not saying the Reds should sign him because he used to play for the Reds. Furthermore, I am saying that I am not going to rule a guy out simply because he did used to play for the Reds and sucked the last two seasons when he was hurt.

I think Cozart may have something in the tank and a minor league contract with an invite to spring training is a pretty low cost for a potential SS upgrade.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-17-2020),Tom Servo (01-15-2020)

You wouldn't think merely suggesting the idea of a minor league deal for a 2017 All-Star who battled injuries the last two seasons would be so controversial. I know there's obviously a history of "dog returning to it's own vomit" ideas from Reds fans but I don't get why nobody would care let alone object or start throwing out WAR numbers to a "Sign Logan Forsythe to a minor league deal" suggestion but the same is suggested of Cozart and it's like you suggested running over a dog.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-15-2020),Revering4Blue (01-17-2020),Wonderful Monds (01-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You wouldn't think merely suggesting the idea of a minor league deal for a 2017 All-Star who battled injuries the last two seasons would be so controversial. I know there's obviously a history of "dog returning to it's own vomit" ideas from Reds fans but I don't get why nobody would care let alone object or start throwing out WAR numbers to a "Sign Logan Forsythe to a minor league deal" suggestion but the same is suggested of Cozart and it's like you suggested running over a dog.
    Yeah, that’s what it’s like. Running over a dog. Lol, dramatic much?

I've never revealed this before, before in 2014, Zack Cozart did run over my dog outside GABP. He didn't even stop to check and see if the dog was ok. He laughed and said "I'm Zack Cozart, the law doesn't apply to me" and then drove off.

19. Likes:

DocRed (01-15-2020),Tom Servo (01-15-2020)

Yeah, that’s what it’s like. Running over a dog. Lol, dramatic much?
    It's a joke. At least I'm not the guy, who is more likely than not a formerly banned user, getting steamed over Zach Cozart.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

CySeymour (01-15-2020),Edd Roush (01-15-2020),NebraskaRed (01-15-2020),westofyou (01-15-2020),Wonderful Monds (01-15-2020)

Even if he has a good, healthy spring, I don’t see Reds keeping Cozart. Too much recent injury history. SF just effectively ate $12.67 million to release him.

The “cost” is not the ST invite, it would be the decision to choose Cozart over more durable players for a roster spot.

Not the biggest issue, but I doubt they sign him. Reds hopefully will go down a road toward healthier roster candidates. If he wants to play at AAA to prove his health, I could see that, but it’s highly doubtful he’d do it.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-15-2020 at 05:18 PM.

23. Likes:

DocRed (01-15-2020),mth123 (01-15-2020)

It's a joke. At least I'm not the guy, who is more likely than not a formerly banned user, getting steamed over Zach Cozart.
    Jokes are supposed to be clever or funny. You’re in an 0-2 count here

Jokes are supposed to be clever or funny. You’re in an 0-2 count here
    Correction, *certainly* a formerly banned user.

26. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-15-2020),Griffey012 (01-15-2020),Wonderful Monds (01-15-2020)

Turn Off Ads?