Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Zach Cozart DFA

Re: Zach Cozart DFA

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Correction, *certainly* a formerly banned user.
    Again, you’re missing.

After a day and some prior post reading, I can tell you’re the board ‘protector’ and you take great pride in this role.

You probably spend a lot of time on here being the virtual hall monitor. Just don’t reply to my posts.

I’m sure any new posters on here rattle your world.

2. Likes:

DocRed (01-15-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Aland View Post
    Again, you’re missing.

After a day and some prior post reading, I can tell you’re the board ‘protector’ and you take great pride in this role.

You probably spend a lot of time on here being the virtual hall monitor. Just don’t reply to my posts.

I’m sure any new posters on here rattle your world.
    No, new posters are generally nice and chill. Sadly we don't get too many of them, it's mostly guys who have been banned before who show up like you have to continue beef over silly things, like someone using hyperbole.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

westofyou (01-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I've never revealed this before, before in 2014, Zack Cozart did run over my dog outside GABP. He didn't even stop to check and see if the dog was ok. He laughed and said "I'm Zack Cozart, the law doesn't apply to me" and then drove off.
    He got you too?

7. Likes:

NebraskaRed (01-15-2020),Revering4Blue (01-17-2020)

No, new posters are generally nice and chill. Sadly we don't get too many of them, it's mostly guys who have been banned before who show up like you have to continue beef over silly things, like someone using hyperbole.
    You’re paranoid. Sorry for telling you you were dramatic and not funny

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Even if he has a good, healthy spring, I don’t see Reds keeping Cozart. Too much recent injury history. SF just effectively ate $12.67 million to release him.

The “cost” is not the ST invite, it would be the decision to choose Cozart over more durable players for a roster spot.

Not the biggest issue, but I doubt they sign him. Reds hopefully will go down a road toward healthier roster candidates. If he wants to play at AAA to prove his health, I could see that, but it’s highly doubtful he’d do it.
    I would only do it if he were willing to go to AAA with an opt out date. Plenty of guys struggling for MLB roles in his position do the same thing. That being said, my amount of caring as to whether Cozart came to Reds ST is very low. But I would prefer them to have an actual backup option at SS considering AlfRod projects to be the AAA SS. Cozart could be that no risk option, or maybe it’s someone else like Hecheverria or Jordy Mercer if they can’t find MLB bench roles.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    He got you too?
    His pet donkey beat up my pet donkey.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

12. Likes:

kaldaniels (01-15-2020),Revering4Blue (01-17-2020)

You wouldn't think merely suggesting the idea of a minor league deal for a 2017 All-Star who battled injuries the last two seasons would be so controversial. I know there's obviously a history of "dog returning to it's own vomit" ideas from Reds fans but I don't get why nobody would care let alone object or start throwing out WAR numbers to a "Sign Logan Forsythe to a minor league deal" suggestion but the same is suggested of Cozart and it's like you suggested running over a dog.
    It's not that. I guess I'm still not over the days when a minor league deal was the only way they addressed their issues. I want them to keep looking for an above average player at SS. Worried the idea is "we have Galvis, lets invite Cozart and see what happens." Then the search for a real upgrade stops. Cozart on a minor league deal in and of itself is fine. Cozart on a minor league deal followed by checking that to do off the list is the concern.

I know the SOP has changed a bit from those days, but still thinking the bubble is going to burst.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

14. Likes:

wolfboy (01-15-2020)

If you are the board protector might I suggest you forgo wearing a cape?

It's not really practical

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (01-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    His pet donkey beat up my pet donkey.
    What an ass!

18. Likes:

marcshoe (01-15-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I would only do it if he were willing to go to AAA with an opt out date. Plenty of guys struggling for MLB roles in his position do the same thing. That being said, my amount of caring as to whether Cozart came to Reds ST is very low. But I would prefer them to have an actual backup option at SS considering AlfRod projects to be the AAA SS. Cozart could be that no risk option, or maybe it’s someone else like Hecheverria or Jordy Mercer if they can’t find MLB bench roles.
    I agree Reds will add veteran backup in the infield, someone who can handle shortstop.

My disagreement is with those who view Cozart as a good choice. Too many injuries.

As a practical matter, I don’t think the Reds will re-visit Cozart for health and other reasons.
    Last edited by Kc61; 01-15-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    If you are the board protector might I suggest you forgo wearing a cape?

It's not really practical
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

21. Likes:

Tom Servo (01-16-2020),WrongVerb (01-16-2020)

Turn Off Ads?