Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354 LastLast

Thread: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

Re: 9/23/13 -- Reds vs Mets; Choo's back!

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    If we play the Pirates do we know who is up in their rotation? How have we done against them this year?
    Rumor is they're starting Lariano the first game, whenever that is. So, we're 3-0 this year so far.
    Is it "next season" yet?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I remember Al Leiter as a lefty who could bring the heat?

Is my memory fading?
    No. I just remember him hitting his spots with the cutter all night.

It would be Liriano. His last start will be Wednesday afternoon against the Cubs. The Reds would probably be Latos but he would be on just 3 days rest

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

If we play the Pirates do we know who is up in their rotation? How have we done against them this year?
    Lariano is scheduled to pitch the WC game.

He's generally pitched OK against us, but he's 0-3 and the Reds have won all 4 of his starts.

He pitches much better at home than on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Rumor is they're starting Lariano the first game, whenever that is. So, we're 3-0 this year so far.
    I see the Pirates pulling a switch-o-roo...Can't see them starting a guy who is 0-3 against the Reds this year.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Are the Reds popping corks? And is Joey adding some Kahlua or Irish Cream to his fancy coffee?

MLB about to talk how the Pirates are celebrating while the Reds chose not to.

I like it.

9. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (09-24-2013),vaticanplum (09-23-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (09-24-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    It would be Liriano. His last start will be Wednesday afternoon against the Cubs. The Reds would probably be Latos but he would be on just 3 days rest
    I'm not buying that Reynolds is going Wednesday, and Latos/Bailey/Arroyo going on the weekend.

That leaves just Leake for the WC game. And, I guess, Cueto.

Well, If Reynolds does go, it will be Cueto.

He looked good tonight.

I see the Pirates pulling a switch-o-roo...Can't see them starting a guy who is 0-3 against the Reds this year.
    As far as the Reds are concerned the Pirates can switch-a-roo all they want. The Reds lineup is going to be the same...no one is going to get fooled.

Heck, I wouldn't be opposed to something unconventional from the Reds end either...now don't ask me what that would be.

It will be Liriano. He has still been their best starter this year and he will be on 5 days rest. The Reds would pretty much have to start Latos on short rest which is why it makes more sense for him to start the Wednesday game this week

13. Likes:

SirFelixCat (09-23-2013)

Lariano has been their best pitcher all year, though Burnett matches up better against us. They'll have to skip his start though, as Burnett is going Friday against us. Morton, scheduled to pitch Sunday, would also be a tough choice against us.

If Latos goes on Wednesday on short rest, Baker could limit him to 5 or so innings. I would rather he go on short rest against the Mets instead of the Pirates in the 1 game play-in next week.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Lariano is scheduled to pitch the WC game.

He's generally pitched OK against us, but he's 0-3 and the Reds have won all 4 of his starts.

He pitches much better at home than on the road.
    It was really something to learn that Liriano, still with fewer than 100 pitches thrown, asked out of the Friday night game at PNC we won.

Driving back from Pittsburgh after seeing the Saturday and Sunday games, listened to local sports radio. Around all the navel-gazing and agonizing brought on by the Steelers collapse, they really had the talk hosts nad fans calling in agreeing in eviscerating Liriano for that move. Not a team player. No way AJ Burnett would ever do that. Etc, etc.

I still think it viable (not probable) we win the division. But, if we don't, I like our chances a lot if we're hosting the playin and facing Liriano. That said, the Steel City radio guys were saying more likely they pitch Burnett if in Cin.
    Reds & Nats, 2013 LCS. Take2 (9/13) Reds but no Nats

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    If Latos goes on Wednesday on short rest, Baker could limit him to 5 or so innings. I would rather he go on short rest against the Mets instead of the Pirates in the 1 game play-in next week.
    Wed is his regular day.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    Driving back from Pittsburgh after seeing the Saturday and Sunday games, listened to local sports radio. Around all the navel-gazing and agonizing brought on by the Steelers collapse, they really had the talk hosts nad fans calling in agreeing in eviscerating Liriano for that move. Not a team player. No way AJ Burnett would ever do that. Etc, etc.
    If AJ Burnett is the definition of a team player, I'm becoming a golf fan.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

19. Likes:

WVRedsFan (09-23-2013)

Turn Off Ads?