Turn Off Ads?
Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Re: 2020 Bengals Thread Part 2: New Era or More of the Same?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    He threw for 406 yds and a 112 QBR as a rookie...pretty good....in shock with your shtick
    Sheesh, what else do you want me to say? I said he played a good game. You want me to go crazy, jump up and down, and say that it was one of the best QB performances ever?

Joe Burrow played a good game today and showed improvement over previous weeks. This is a compliment and I am happy to see him improving.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wonder if Wade Phillips would be an option at this point you have to get a bit desperate to save your job

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    Sheesh, what else do you want me to say? I said he played a good game. You want me to go crazy, jump up and down, and say that it was one of the best QB performances ever?

Joe Burrow played a good game today and showed improvement over previous weeks. This is a compliment and I am happy to see him improving.
    Nope you said he was pretty good....not good there is a difference and with you its glaring.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Nope you said he was pretty good....not good there is a difference and with you its glaring.
    He turned the ball over twice and put another one right in a defender's hands. In the context of his overall performance today, this is forgivable, but it prevents me from saying that he played "incredible" or "amazing". At times he looked great, other times he made mistakes. Overall, "pretty good" seems fair.

I mean, what a game to watch. Heartbreaking way to lose. Burrow is sooooooo good. Couple mistakes but so many absolute gem throws. Starting to link with AJ even tho there was one breakdown which should have been picked. Receivers make up for not having great speed or separation by having great hands in congested situations. These close games have got to break for us eventually, right?

Don't release Dunlap. If they can find a trade partner, suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Don't release Dunlap. If they can find a trade partner, suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team.
    The Bengals aren’t in the business of making other teams better.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (10-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The Bengals aren’t in the business of making other teams better.
    He can't be in that locker room anymore.

https://twitter.com/Carlos_Dunlap/st...968053761?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    He turned the ball over twice and put another one right in a defender's hands. In the context of his overall performance today, our stat with any other cris forgivable, but it prevents me from saying that he played "incredible" or "amazing". At times he looked great, other times he made mistakes. Overall, "pretty good" seems fair.
    You site QBR as your go to stat to be critical of Burrow in previous posts...often comparing him to Klingler or Leaf which is comical.

His QBR today was 112.

For the year he is at 85 anything above 75 is considered pro bowl caliber...

Kid is doing this as a rookie with no training camp, and he gets better each week.

Pretty good and this performance do not belong in the same sentence he was excellent today.

Shame he has to suffer with this defense

11. Likes:

GAC (10-26-2020)

Reading on twitter from someone at the game:

Camera didn’t catch it all. Was at the game. Dunlap went after Lou right after the TD. Exchanged words. Zac got in to break it up. Then other coaches went to walk Dunlap away. Zac and Lou were talking loudly to each other after, I’m sure Lou said 96 has to go.

wow

You site QBR as your go to stat to be critical of Burrow in previous posts...often comparing him to Klingler or Leaf which is comical.

His QBR today was 112.

For the year he is at 85 anything above 75 is considered pro bowl caliber...

Kid is doing this as a rookie with no training camp, and he gets better each week.

Pretty good and this performance do not belong in the same sentence he was excellent today.

Shame he has to suffer with this defense
    I'm not disagreeing with your point, but I think you're confusing QBR (ESPN's proprietary QB stat) and QB rating. I can buy a 75+ QBR is Pro Bowl caliber but definitely not QB rating. The numbers you're citing are his QB rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with your point, but I think you're confusing QBR (ESPN's proprietary QB stat) and QB rating. I can buy a 75+ QBR is Pro Bowl caliber but definitely not QB rating. The numbers you're citing are his QB rating.
    From the article ESPN wrote trying to explain the new statistic they came up with...

An average quarterback will have a QBR around 50, and a Pro Bowl-level player will have a QBR around 75 for the season. On a game level, however, a QBR of 75 means that holding all other factors constant (defense, offensive teammates, etc.), a quarterback’s team would be expected to win about 75 percent of time, given that level of QB play.

Though my interpretation of the article may be tainted by the frustration of losing.

all things considered Burrow is the first rookie in NFL history to pass for 3, run for 1 while throwing for over 350 yds that is pretty darn good

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    What I’m hoping for in the offseason:

Bring Zac back with a tiki torch under his seat. Fire Lou and bring in someone who could possibly take over mid season (for those saying Mike Brown doesn’t pay people to sit at home, Dave Shula and Bruce Coslet say hi)

If Penei Sewell isn’t there go with Wyatt Davis or the best defensive player available. Gregory Rousseau or Micah Parsons would be possibilities. Don’t address receiver until at least the third round.
    Coslet quit, and Shula was a mercy firing.

Everything else has been "business as usual" in regard to retaining bad coaches until their contracts are up.

Taylor may very well end up being a mercy firing too, but that won't be until the end of next season at the earliest. Then what's left of Burrow at that point?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

From the article ESPN wrote trying to explain the new statistic they came up with...

An average quarterback will have a QBR around 50, and a Pro Bowl-level player will have a QBR around 75 for the season. On a game level, however, a QBR of 75 means that holding all other factors constant (defense, offensive teammates, etc.), a quarterback’s team would be expected to win about 75 percent of time, given that level of QB play.

Though my interpretation of the article may be tainted by the frustration of losing.

all things considered Burrow is the first rookie in NFL history to pass for 3, run for 1 while throwing for over 350 yds that is pretty darn good
    Yes, that's talking about QBR. His 112 rating today is his QB rating. QBR doesn't equal QB rating despite sharing the same initials.

17. Likes:

KoryMac5 (10-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    He can't be in that locker room anymore.

https://twitter.com/Carlos_Dunlap/st...968053761?s=19
    "We'll go to war with what we have."
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Burrow's QBR was 49.8 going into this week.

20. Likes:

KoryMac5 (10-25-2020)

Turn Off Ads?