Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Re: Official Redszone Movie Thread, Part IV

Back to movies.

I saw Foxcatcher Friday afternoon.

Really good performances by Tatum and Carrell. Carell is getting Oscar buzz, not sure if that is warranted, but good performance.

I was disappointed when I learned afterword that the entire movie is basically fiction other than the ending.

Some scenes are really cringe worthy, but the acting made them believable cringe worthy.

7/10

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-05-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Back to movies.

I saw Foxcatcher Friday afternoon.

Really good performances by Tatum and Carrell. Carell is getting Oscar buzz, not sure if that is warranted, but good performance.

I was disappointed when I learned afterword that the entire movie is basically fiction other than the ending.

Some scenes are really cringe worthy, but the acting made them believable cringe worthy.

7/10
    Yeah, I was confused by that as well. I read some interviews with Mark Schutlz before I saw the movie and he was saying how great it was, "best movie" he ever saw. He then read some reviews that stated the movie suggested a sexual relationship between him and du Pont and Schultz started claiming the entire movie was a big lie. When called on it on twitter Schultz claims he was coached on what to say in interviews and is under contract to support the movie until after the Oscars.

Name:  image1.png
Views: 353
Size:  158.9 KB
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    There's more to life than Walk Rates and WAR
    Huh?

Looks like Thursday is gonna be Inherent Vice day. I'm pretty excited.

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-07-2015)

Oh boy. So I did see Inherent Vice yesterday. I have thought about what I would tell people about it and I still don't know other than that I liked it. It's certainly not for everyone. When we left my wife said "that could have been an hour shorter." Joaquin Phoenix was perfect for that character.

This was a good science fiction movie.

My advice is not to look for the miss direction, enjoy the what if questions, then re-watch..
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Man if Kanye brought some attention to this Lincoln fellow he would blow up.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Oh boy. So I did see Inherent Vice yesterday. I have thought about what I would tell people about it and I still don't know other than that I liked it. It's certainly not for everyone. When we left my wife said "that could have been an hour shorter." Joaquin Phoenix was perfect for that character.
    I've been telling people it's a funnier/more difficult to follow/30 minutes too long The Big Lebowski if it were shot by PTA...

12. Likes:

Razor Shines (01-14-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    If 2013 was the year I wrote off superhero movies, then 2014 will go down as the year I was done with biopics. They're boring, usually one-sided and lacking any sort of perspective, and worst of all they're unoriginal stories dressed up as awards bait. Ugh, it seems like every acting performance drawing considerable praise has to be from one... /rant
    HOT TAKE ALERT:

Oscar nominations are scheduled to be announced tomorrow, and if it’s not too late, I’d like to take this opportunity to beg the Academy, on behalf of moviegoers everywhere, not to nominate Eddie Redmayne for best actor.

Redmayne took home a Golden Globe on Sunday night, winning best actor in a drama motion picture for his portrayal of a beatific quip machine called Stephen Hawking in Theory of Everything. Which has many observers now calling him a frontrunner, or even a favorite for the Oscar race. No. Oh please no.
    http://uproxx.com/filmdrunk/2015/01/...ar-nomination/

14. Likes:

Razor Shines (01-14-2015)

I've been telling people it's a funnier/more difficult to follow/30 minutes too long The Big Lebowski if it were shot by PTA...
    Yeah, that's pretty good. Even though it is a little long, I kinda can't wait for the bluray because I'll watch it several times.

On Marc Maron's podcast PTA said that he realized it was going to be compared to The Big Lebowski and a couple other movies but he basically just had to push through as though those movies didn't exist.

Yeah, that's pretty good. Even though it is a little long, I kinda can't wait for the bluray because I'll watch it several times.

On Marc Maron's podcast PTA said that he realized it was going to be compared to The Big Lebowski and a couple other movies but he basically just had to push through as though those movies didn't exist.
    I still need to catch that episode--my flight to Vegas this afternoon should be perfect!

Michael Keaton was the only actor nominated for best actor who wasn't in a biopic.

Michael Keaton was the only actor nominated for best actor who wasn't in a biopic.
    Gyllenhaal was robbed. I would have loved to see Eisenberg get nominated for The Double, but I know I'm in an insignificant minority there...

Just saw Boyhood last night and thought it was really terrific. Expected to be underwhelmed by gimmickry, but ended up being profoundly moved by the film's whimsical light touch. I have friends who dislike it immensely, but none of them have kids. There is likely some connection there.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

I saw American Sniper this afternoon.
    The theater was packed. When the credits began to roll, only a couple of people got up; the rest sat quietly in their seats. When people finally walked out of the theater, it was as quiet as a funeral.
    It is a moving movie, pro American soldier and anti-war at the same time. It is an amazing piece of work by an 84 year old Clint Eastwood.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?